Irvine Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2018

2.8

Associate - Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview with the assistant manager and manager of the office property for which I was applying. The initial interview took about 45 minutes. Excellent questions, focused around my experience on my resume. Also scenario based.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you were placed in a difficult or tense customer service experience, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Irvine Company.

Interview

Phone interview then an in person interview at their property. HR was very friendly during the phone interview and easy to talk to. When I met with the manager in person the questions were similar to the phone interview. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What is one reason why we shouldn't hire you and how are you trying to improve that part of yourself?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Received an email after applying online and scheduled an interview the following week. Met with the two direct supervisors in a conference room for a 45 minute interview. Asked standard interview questions and was provided with additional details on the specific project. It has been one week since the interview - waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied through a school career fair, where I was invited to their open interviews held in Irvine, CA. At the open interviews, you will get called up to interview with multiple managers within the department. Roughly around 3-4 stages of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to deal with it a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Construction Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irvine Company (San Diego, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was rather lengthy, but straight forward. Questions weren't very difficult; the interviewer wanted to know a lot about me, why exactly I'm interested in the company, and went on to ask me a number of questions regarding multitasking, time management, etc.

Interview Questions

• What type of managerial style do you work best under?   Answer Question
    • What is the most important trait a manager should possess?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had numerous tasks, all of equal priority, how did you execute those tasks/manage your time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online then showed up to an open interview day. They are really nice and try to make you less stressed about the interview process. You need to make it to the third interview to get an offer. My first interview took like 30 minutes. Then, made it to the second interview which was like 10 minutes long. Then finally, I was able to make it to the third interview in which I was interviewed by one of the manager. She was really nice as well. After one week, I received an email from them letting me know that they would like to offer me the job but unfortunately, there is no position available at this time. I was requested to check in with them weekly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to organize an event from the beginning till the end   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone about something   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to say some bad news to someone   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process started at the college career fair - they recommend I go to open interview day. I went and had three interviews in a row - it took half a day. Once you make it past the third interview you usually will get offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about The Irvine Company and what attracted you to our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I found out about the open interviews through a recruiter who came to my college campus. When I first got there they greeted us and told us to fill out an availability form while we waited to get called up for an interview. The people who were conducting the interviews showed up late, so we ended up waiting around an extra 15-20 minutes or so for them to arrive. I only made it to the second round, but both of the people I spoke with seemed very nice. It took me about 2 hours for me to get to that point. Overall, I had a decent experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had trouble understanding a customer's needs.   Answer Question

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irvine Company in October 2017.

Interview

It took me around 25 min to complete all applications, finally I got an email from Jessica Rickmers to schedule a phone interview. 1st interview was successful and 2nd one was scheduled with community manager. And than I never got response on my emails.... in 1 month a got a call again from the same person, like nothing happened before and she offered me another position. I refused to pass an interview as all experience already was not good, so what to expect from company?

Interview Questions

• Please describe a difficult situation with a tenant   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Well I applied through my school website and I went to the open interview location in Irvine, CA. They had us wait in a room for one on one interviews. I was one of the first to be called up. The first manager went okay. I was trying to answer the questions as best as possible and I may have sounded like a robot. Then out of nowhere. A rat(yes you read that right) came running out of nowhere towards me and away from me. It threw me off guard and I said, “Woah a rat” and

the manager said, “oh it’s nothing but a house mouse”
    And at that point it went downhill from there. As it got a little bit awkward. I went back to the room and they called me for a second interview with another person. This one was shorter and better with no rats lol.

They both just asked general questions about yourself and how you would act in certain situations involving customers, co-workers and managers.

They emailed me back a week later and they said I didn’t get the job. It’s okay, I emailed them back saying they have a rat infestation and they should get it fixed.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you got constructive feedback   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you could not make a customer happy   Answer Question