Irvine Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Irvine Company

2.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Irvine Company (San Diego, CA).

Interview

This was a pre-COVID in-person interview at one of the commercial properties. Very friendly team, positive experience. It was fairly informal, discussing ideas for marketing and onboarding new tenants, and how to keep tenant satisfaction high.

Interview Questions

• What are your ideas for marketing the property to future tenants?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Went through an external recruiter. Interviewed with hiring VP first, then second round was with 3 VPs. Final round was with the team that I would be leading. The final round with the team was a group interview with 5 of the team members. It was an open conversation.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about your background
      2. What do you know about this role?
      3. How can you help?
      4. Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Community Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied directly through the irvine company website. Received a phone interview first with talent acquisition. Afterwards interviewed with 3 managers, the interview went very well. 3 days later I received a phone call from talent acquisition with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a problem with a customer?
      Describe a time you need to lead a team project.
      Describe a time you had to influence someone.
      How would you handle down time?
      How would handle having to tell someone “NO”?   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Costa Mesa, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

I went to The Irvine Company hiring event for Maintenance Technicians and Porters. Prior to attending the event, I applied online through the company careers site, there was a listing for the event to select. There were three interviews, the interviewer followed a prewritten handout of questions, as I answer they recorded my answer and I believe gave a score. Each interview was about 10-15 mins, but it took three hours to complete all interviews. The final interview was with a Service Manager who asked slightly harder questions and described the advantage of working with The Irvine Company. The first two interviews were with what I thought to be maintenance technicians. They all were dressed in their work uniforms, no suits or business casual. 20-30 people came to the event, I don't know if everyone got three interview, but I do know several others did. After the last interview the Service Manager told me the Talent Aquisition Manager would contact me by phone within a week with either a positive or negative answer. The following day I recieved the call informing me that I had been accepted, the position was an 'advance hire position' which meant I start at a property for training, remain there till an opening occurred and transfer to the permanent property. I was told the process of getting to the training property could take several weeks since the immediate opening was filled. My appointed interview time was towards the end of the event. It took seven weeks to be placed at the training property.

Interview Questions

• There is an electrical outlet that is not giving power, walk me through your problem-solving process.   1 Answer
    • There is a pool of water underneath the kitchen sink, walk me through your process.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you were innovative.   1 Answer
    • What would you do after you finished your work, but still had time on the job?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond.   1 Answer
    • A thermostat has no power, walk me through your problem-solving process.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Community Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

I was referred by someone works for the company and I applied. I got a call the next day by a general manager of a property in Newport Beach to schedule an interview. The same day I got another call from the recruiter to do a phone interview. After that I went to the Newport Beach interview. It went very well. Very nice people. 2 days later I got a call from my recruiter and she told me they went with someone else but she set me up for another interview for a property in Tustin. I went to that interview and it went very well as well. The recruiter called me the next day and told me they liked me but they went with an internal candidate. They advanced me to continue interview to find the right property. I got another interview with a property in Irvine. I interviewed with 2 managers with this one. The next day I got a call from the general manager to interview with her. I went to that interview and it went very well. She extended an offer to me. The process took just over 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult guest and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Irvine Company (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First and only interview was less than 10 minutes. Interviewed directly with the hiring manager and was only asked 2-3 simple questions about my precious experience, and a situational question such as “how would you deal with an upset resident”. Overall very simple. They either knew the type of person they wanted to represent their company, or they’re just easy going and don’t require too much from a person in terms of interview questions. Some companies are crazy anal about small little details of how the dialogue went.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience with sales?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Irvine Company.

Interview

A normal interview with a few individuals from the team. They asked questions surrounding my work experience and different accounting terminology and processes. The interviews were conducted very professionally. Pretty normal process.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager, we discussed my time with the company, my knowledge and accomplishments since I have been with the company, and my goals for the future.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, just trying to get to know my past with the company and my knowledge base.   1 Answer

Property Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Met with a senior manager who seemed to 100% vouch for and support me. He told me I was the future of Irvine Company and that I would do extremely well in this position. He told me directly that he wanted to hire me. Then met with director whom I gained approval from. They offered me the position.

I didn’t accept right away as I had tried to negotiate pay commensurate with my experience and the market. I was very sensitive about the subject and was not aggressive at all. They rescinded the offer after that. I never formally declined.

Worst interview experience I have ever had. Never had an offer rescinded for trying to negotiate pay. Never even heard of anyone having to deal with that. You’d think anyone interviewing a candidate would be prepared to have that conversation as it’s a normal part of hiring, but they seem to be threatened by anyone with a backbone.

Interview Questions

Didn’t formally decline. Tried to negotiate compensation.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

It was simple and relative to what are you doing and how you can do better, also get a second interview on Corporate, I like this interviews because make me thing about what Our company is and I reviewed all the values and company standards.

Interview Questions

• If I call your boss how he is going to describe you in one word ?   1 Answer