Irvine Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Irvine Company Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Well I applied through my school website and I went to the open interview location in Irvine, CA. They had us wait in a room for one on one interviews. I was one of the first to be called up. The first manager went okay. I was trying to answer the questions as best as possible and I may have sounded like a robot. Then out of nowhere. A rat(yes you read that right) came running out of nowhere towards me and away from me. It threw me off guard and I said, “Woah a rat” and

the manager said, “oh it’s nothing but a house mouse”
    And at that point it went downhill from there. As it got a little bit awkward. I went back to the room and they called me for a second interview with another person. This one was shorter and better with no rats lol.

They both just asked general questions about yourself and how you would act in certain situations involving customers, co-workers and managers.

They emailed me back a week later and they said I didn’t get the job. It’s okay, I emailed them back saying they have a rat infestation and they should get it fixed.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you got constructive feedback   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you could not make a customer happy   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Irvine Company in September 2017.

Interview

You have greater chances of being hired permanently thru their open interviews. I haven't had much luck. I got interviewed up to the 3rd person one time, but due to my availability, I was passed on. This last time: the interviewer got offended when I asked him questions of the nature of the job and why he chose this company, thinking I was interviewing him, like if I had hurt his ego. I wasn't chosen. My advice: don't give up. It's hard to get in, but if you persist, you will get in somehow.

Interview Questions

• (A well known one):
      Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer/guest/resident, and how you handled that?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for The Irvine Company?   Answer Question
    • Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Call Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was slow. I had a face-to-face interview. The follow-up that I was assured never happened. The recruiter intentionally, didn't return my calls. There was no follow-up, follow through or feedback. I felt disrespected and left with a bad impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for the Irvine Company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Irvine Company.

Interview

Lengthy process. From applying to getting hired to took a time-span of a month. It was complicated because I received many declined offers but it may have been due to applying for many different positions/locations

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty quick. They have everyone sit in a room and random employees from different levels come and call your name and take you to the next room and ask you basic questions. The first interview asked the basic questions everyone should know how to answer. Within 10 minutes I had my next interview where we talked, got to know each other, interests, goals and things like that. I ended up skipping the second interview and was out pretty fast. Got a call the next day offering the job.

Resident Relations Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Irvine Company in May 2017.

Interview

Straight forward, checked in at the location and was called one by one for a 1 on 1 interview. The employees were very nice and other job applicants (i.e. maintenance) were also interviewing that day. They asked many basic questions and commented on previous experiences.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Playa Vista, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called to do a phone interview with their HR Recruiter. Then I was invited to their open interviews where I interviewed with one of the property managers. Then I was interviewed by the general manager, and finally by the Senior Director of Marketing. All of these were one-on-one and the entire process took about 4 hours on that one day. I was given the job offer immediately the next day. Most of the questions were situational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped solve a problem for a guest/resident, but in turn created a new problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have had to deal with a high level of emotion.   Answer Question
    • What is it about customer service interests you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when a guest/resident complained about a problem, had trouble understanding your reasoning, and how you were able to solve that.   Answer Question

Manager Property Taxes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Detailed HR back-ground/resume questions of relevant experience, followed by job specific hiring manager questions, if successful the phone screening (an hour give or take), is followed up by an in person interview with the hiring manager. Followed by HR e-mail rejection or offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a day where they had open interviews. I got there 30 minutes early, and there was already a line. A lot of waiting around. I waited 45 minutes before anyone interviewed me. After speaking with the property manager for about 15 minutes, I was sent back in the room to wait for a second interview. It may have been another 45 minutes of waiting because the entire process took about 2 1/2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very smooth and very professional. I attended an open interview. There were 40+ applicants for several positions. They put you into a waiting room, then get called into the interview group. If you get called 3 times, you are in. If you get called once, you are done.