Irving Burton Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Irving Burton Associates

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Irving Burton Associates.

Interview

Great. HR will set up a time for you to interview. At the interview you will meet and interview with HR and then you will interview with management. Pleasant panel interview, a lot of questions was asked and the process was quick.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a difficult situation and how was did you handle a situation.
      What Project Management skills do you have and how did you use them.
      Answer Question

Agile Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Irving Burton Associates (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very very short. I don't think they have an actual job and that they only wanted my resume in a sneaky way for their upcoming recompete. They needed the role to be full time and then said they would convert to a contract role which they lied about. They did not close the door when asking me questions and it was like they wanted to be hear. They kept saying they want to do this and that but it was never we do this now. Before I got home I got a letter saying my skills didn't match. They don't have no real job. In my opinion they needed a remand tried to make it legit. They had no landlinr in there government space and they has 2 employees talking to me on a cell phone speaker. Cheap unethical firm

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Irving Burton Associates in January 2017.

Interview

Quick, thorough, and professional. Met with senior leadership and gained an appreciation for their style and expectations. Overall, very positive experience. Great place to work and I highly recommend it.

Grants and Agreements Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Irving Burton Associates (Denver, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

Pre-qualified with Irving Burton Associates, Inc., review and discussion of primary subject matter, contacted references. Discussed the topic of the Grants and Agreements position with the National Park Service, discussed my relative experience. The selection process included a person-to-person interview with a Federal employee of the National Park Service

Interview Questions

• Tells us about your experience in Grants and Agreements, why would you be a good fit with Irving Burton?   1 Answer

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irving Burton Associates (Falls Church, VA) in August 2009.

Interview

At first, communicating with the company was positive. The HR person returned all phone calls and e-mails. However, after the second interview she promised to be in touch in a few days, but did not do so. She refused to return e-mails or phone calls -- even to just tell me I didn't have the job.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Irving Burton Associates (North Springfield, VA) in June 2009.

Interview

Two members from Human Resources and two Team Leads came to interview me. I felt that they were prepared, because I saw copies of my resume with their notes. I was happy about that, because the interview should be centered on my skill set and experiences. And the interview was. Two members of each group were present. Most of the questions came from on one person from each group, so I didn’t feel overwhelmed. I figured they wanted examples of my background which I delightfully gave. I asked plenty of questions about the duties of the position also, which kept the conversation going. The entire interview process took about an hour and a half.

The interview turned sour within the last ten minutes when we started to discuss salary, I believe. I think my pay requirement was just out of range for this position. The HR person who spoke the most still asked me for my references, which I emailed her the following day. I never received a return phone call or return email letting me know if there was a “yea or nay”. I wish we would had discussed my pay requirements before I took off from work and got, fill my tank with gas, and got all dressed up for that interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your pay requirements? (Something that should had been asked prior to the interview.)   1 Answer
    • Why did you join the Marines?   1 Answer