Ixia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.9

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ixia (Austin, TX).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. 5 individual interviews over the phone and one onsite. Offered the job verbally which I accepted and then offer was rescinded while I was waiting on the official hard copy offer letter when another candidate presented over the weekend. Never dealt with a more unprofessional company in my life. If this is how they "recruit" I would stay away from this company.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ixia (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

There was an initial phone call, after which I was invited for on-site interviews. The interviewers were very professional and the interview process went very well.

I was offered a position verbally, and I was told the salary and company bonus. My overall experience had been positive, and I was looking forward to accepting and to working for the company. However, over a week after the verbal offer, the written offer came in with a different (lower) job title and a lower bonus than the verbal offer. I was very surprised and brought the discrepancy to the attention of the hiring manager. HR called me and said they were working on smoothing out the kinks in the process, and promised to call me back within a day or two. Almost four days went by before I heard from them, this time from the recruiter. The recruiter informed me the offer had been rescinded!

Needless to say this is not only highly unusual, it is extremely unprofessional. Whatever the reasons for the change, it bodes very poorly on the reputation of any company, let alone a public company.

I would advise any candidate to stay away from Marketing roles at ixia. My sense is some very serious changes need to take place, and it's pretty obvious the Marketing leadership doesn't have it together.

I hope noone else has the negative experience I had with ixia.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about cyber-security, and had to provide a scenario/narrative around it.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ixia (Beaverton, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone conversation/screen with their recruiter, then a phone interview with a QA Manager. I asked the QA Manager how many hours per week I would be expected to work, and he replied that 50 was normal during regular times and 60 during crunch times. That is a 1/4 to 1/3rd pay cut, right there, just for doing hard work! The interview wrapped up within five minutes after that. While they said they said they'd get back to me with a firm no or yes, they never have.

Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ixia (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Excellent interview process - HR was very organized and well coordinated. I was kept well informed and in the loop. Met with some very bright people and had interesting discussions around real world demand gen, web and marketing automation challenges. Unlike some environments where interviews are adversarial, this was a very collaborative, non-confrontational situation where the focus was on some challenges and how we would be able as a team to work together to overcome those challenges.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of various marketing automation packages like Hubspot and Marketo and how would you compare and contrast them?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ixia.

Interview

The interview process was crisp, straight to the point. First call with Sales folks, then Manager, then group panel where I did a demo on the software I sell + technical questions.

Something was off. I didn't have a good vibe.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about networking? TCP/IP, mobile technologies, unix, how you do as a SA, what's your sales process.

They will grill you with every type of question. I you don't know the answer, say it. there is nothing wrong with that.   Answer Question

Senior Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ixia (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very thorough, technical skills review, people skills, mind set, customer interaction. Open conversation and covered many topics; industry, intellectual property, market positioning, responsibilities, territory, product sets, marketing, sales organization, past experiences, most challenging, least challenging. Technical interactions, Proof of Concepts, Sandboxs, lab experience. How to deal with customers in different settings; sales, technical, difficulties when testing or configurations. Well done!

Interview Questions

• Describe a very challenging customer technical engagement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be yourself, good people, very fair and ethical.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ixia.

Interview

I applied for this position and it took about 4 - 5 weeks until I had an Offer. I was called directly for one on one Interview and after being interviewed with the team manager i was interviewed by the Head of inside sales.

Interview Questions

• 1. checking the proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
      2. proficiency in Salesforce.com   Answer Question

Information Security, Austin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ixia (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Horrible...interviewed with five technical team members and a director. Director is not some one I would work with; arrogant, narcissist. After six interviews...no response, silence. Don't waste your time with these guys.

Interview Questions

• Great interviews with technical team. I'm sure they are a great group to work with.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ixia (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with manager and they reviewed my resume and checked references. The process of implementing a contractor seemed to take a while, but the interview itself was easy.Because i was a contractor and it was for a short time position the review may not have been as difficult.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ixia (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process involved 6 phone interviews, over the course of 5 weeks. The questions ranged from personal to technical, and customer management. Overall the interviewers were staff and management. They all seemed to be burnt out and totally over worked. They made it seem like the company would toss them on the sword daily.

After being grilled over the phone for 5 weeks and being told I was an excellent candidate, they requested I fill out a application. I did so, and then waited. A week passed and I was told by email they were NO LONGER HIRING. Then their in house recruiter told me they are now laying people off.

This is the worst company, don't trust them, they will lead you on and string you along.