Ixia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2016

2.9

Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ixia (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Excellent interview process - HR was very organized and well coordinated. I was kept well informed and in the loop. Met with some very bright people and had interesting discussions around real world demand gen, web and marketing automation challenges. Unlike some environments where interviews are adversarial, this was a very collaborative, non-confrontational situation where the focus was on some challenges and how we would be able as a team to work together to overcome those challenges.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of various marketing automation packages like Hubspot and Marketo and how would you compare and contrast them?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ixia.

Interview

The interview process was crisp, straight to the point. First call with Sales folks, then Manager, then group panel where I did a demo on the software I sell + technical questions.

Something was off. I didn't have a good vibe.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about networking? TCP/IP, mobile technologies, unix, how you do as a SA, what's your sales process.

They will grill you with every type of question. I you don't know the answer, say it. there is nothing wrong with that.
      Answer Question

Senior Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ixia (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very thorough, technical skills review, people skills, mind set, customer interaction. Open conversation and covered many topics; industry, intellectual property, market positioning, responsibilities, territory, product sets, marketing, sales organization, past experiences, most challenging, least challenging. Technical interactions, Proof of Concepts, Sandboxs, lab experience. How to deal with customers in different settings; sales, technical, difficulties when testing or configurations. Well done!

Interview Questions

• Describe a very challenging customer technical engagement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be yourself, good people, very fair and ethical.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ixia.

Interview

I applied for this position and it took about 4 - 5 weeks until I had an Offer. I was called directly for one on one Interview and after being interviewed with the team manager i was interviewed by the Head of inside sales.

Interview Questions

• 1. checking the proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
      2. proficiency in Salesforce.com
      Answer Question

Information Security, Austin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ixia (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Horrible...interviewed with five technical team members and a director. Director is not some one I would work with; arrogant, narcissist. After six interviews...no response, silence. Don't waste your time with these guys.

Interview Questions

• Great interviews with technical team. I'm sure they are a great group to work with.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ixia (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with manager and they reviewed my resume and checked references. The process of implementing a contractor seemed to take a while, but the interview itself was easy.Because i was a contractor and it was for a short time position the review may not have been as difficult.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ixia (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process involved 6 phone interviews, over the course of 5 weeks. The questions ranged from personal to technical, and customer management. Overall the interviewers were staff and management. They all seemed to be burnt out and totally over worked. They made it seem like the company would toss them on the sword daily.

After being grilled over the phone for 5 weeks and being told I was an excellent candidate, they requested I fill out a application. I did so, and then waited. A week passed and I was told by email they were NO LONGER HIRING. Then their in house recruiter told me they are now laying people off.

This is the worst company, don't trust them, they will lead you on and string you along.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ixia (Calabasas, CA).

Interview

Rapid, and very high pressure. It was as if they were looking to break you on the first opportunity. Not much in the way of disclosure due to the tag team pair of interviewers in the room. It felt like they had pairs of people to make sure neither interviewer said the wrong thing in response to my questions about the company and its work model. More was discovered by evaluating the on line comments and it is clear that many are created by company employees to make the company appear better than it really is

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working 25/8 to to "deliver on" an unreasonable schedule?   1 Answer

Unrealistic work life expectations. Feedback from former employees indicated sweatshop like work environment. Internally focused competitiveness and backstabbing rather than team oriented "defeat the competition" goals. Lack of leadership through motivation, and excessive micromanagement through fear. Also a number of arrogant formers CEO's hanging around flaunting their obscene wealth in the faces of rank and file employees that actually made their companies salable.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ixia (Herndon, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone by the HR recruiting representative and was briefly interviewed to confirm work history and salary requirements. I was then passed to the next interview stage which was an in person interview with the hiring supervisor. The position was for an AD covering Federal Accounts. Since the hiring manager had been a commercial sales manager, the interview was very general and covered Agencies to which I had sold and success stories. Another meeting/interview was scheduled and held with the hiring manager and other members of the Federal team that he was going to manage for the purpose of evaluating the chemistry with the Federal team that would start the next year. Both interviews went well.

Interview Questions

• General questions seeking to know with which Federal clients I had sales experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. A short negotiation regarding starting base salary.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ixia (Calabasas, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with my immediate supervisor. Then came in to meet with 3-4 additional people for 1-on-1 interviews. The interviews spanned two days due to my availability. Everyone was very polite. I believe that they were looking for a good fit for the Comoany. At my level, you know what it takes to get the job done. Getting the job is then down to the right personality fit.

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving my current job. Asked me about my technical skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't talk about salary in the initial interview stage. Let your recruiter negotiate the highest salary and benefits available. The recruiter has a vested interest in getting you the highest salary because they get a % of the 1st years negotiated salary as a fee (paid by the employer).