J.B. Hunt Transport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt Transport (Lowell, AR) in June 2019.

Interview

Phone interivew is scheduled via email. Phone interview takes about 15-20 minutes. If you do well, they will schedule you for an onsite interview while on the phone during the first interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about JB Hunt? Why are you applying for this job? What is most important in customer service? What makes a business successful?   Answer Question

J.B. Hunt Transport Response

Jul 15, 2019 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your post, and welcome to J.B. Hunt!

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt Transport.

Interview

I had an amazing experience interviewing for J.B. Hunt. The questions were resume-related, and some of them were general questions. You should know yourself and you should know your experience really well. Do your research about the company. There was one technical question.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would improve <PROJECT NAME ON RESUME>, if anything, looking back at it?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt Transport in January 2018.

Interview

Applied through college job posting site and was subsequently contacted by recruiter to schedule a quick screening call. Was asked to confirm that I was aware of the location of the job, base salary, benefits, etc.

At the end of the screening call, I was asked to schedule a panel interview over Skype. This interview lasted around 45 minutes and was with 3 employees. The one coding question asked afterwards was verbal and more of a sanity check than anything.

Received offer over the phone two days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself..   Answer Question
    • Time is money. If a deadline was tomorrow, and you were 99% sure that your program would work, but thought it had a 1% chance of not working and you didn't know why, would you push the deadline back?   Answer Question

J.B. Hunt Transport Response

Feb 12, 2018 – Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thanks for posting about your interviewing experience. Even though this wasn't the job for you, we're glad we had the opportunity to be considered!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt Transport (Little Rock, AR) in September 2018.

Interview

The interviewer contacted me regarding the position. It took two weeks and was very pleasant. I talked to the team and had a chance to speak with engineers and managers.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt Transport in March 2019.

Interview

A JB Hunt recruiter contacted me about a position that seemed like a good fit. He sent me a HackerRank test, which I completed that weekend. I never heard back from them, positively or negatively. I followed up with the recruiter via e-mail, but never got a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt Transport (Dallas, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

JB Hunt – the massive trucking firm – somehow found me, I think, on LinkedIn. One of their internal recruiters reached out to me and set up a phone screen.

The phone screen is a typical first conversation in which you tell them about your background, they tell you about the company, and then issue a coding challenge – in this case, on HackerRank.

My initial conversation was for a remote position in the Dallas region and went about 45 minutes. Since it was an HR-style recruiter, I could not deep dive on technical questions I had.

Most applicants shouldn’t have problems with the initial phone screen. Passing this first milestone gets you a request to complete a HackerRank assessment (test). HackerRank is a very popular screening tool that combines various types of questions (multiple choice, true/false) with short coding exercises using a code editor with a subset of what you’d find in a full integrated development environment (like Visual Studio).

The assessment consists of about 15 questions and takes 2 to 3 hours to complete. My particular assessment had two sections – coding and database. I was able to get through the coding portion but not the database portion (three questions).

Attempts to contact the recruiter after completion of the assessment were fruitless – they didn’t have the courtesy to write back, so that should tell you something about this organization.

If you turn out to be the kind of assumed superstar Hunt is seeking, you might consider other places first. If their recruiting organization is any indication of the kind of place they are, they’re a typical, large, disconnected enterprise with poor communication.

Claims Specialist Interview

Interview

Laid back panel interview where we discussed my background and the responsibilities of the job. I ended up meeting for a second interview the same day with directing manager and discussed additional responsibilities of the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt Transport (Tallahassee, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online a few days later I received a phone call interview and was declined. Not a negative experience as he was very polite and professional and told me to apply with a competitor for at least 90 days then reapply and he would give me a serious offer.

Interview Questions

• How much actual drive experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt Transport (Knoxville, TN) in December 2018.

Interview

I showed up he made me wait for about 35 minutes and then when we finally got back there to conduct the interview the only question you really asked me was do I have driving experience which he knew already from seeing my resume though I still told him he said we're just conducting interviews and we have a lot more to go and I'm like I'm qualified I'd like the job I don't know what he considers qualified but I definitely was for that job and he just looked right over me

Interview Questions

• do I have driving experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt Transport (East Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Talk to a recruiter, go in for a 3 day orientation, then start working... you go with a driver trainer... 1st day he will drive to let you know the expectations, then you will drive, he will release you when you are ready ... 3+ days with trainer...most of them are cool

Interview Questions

Interview

there were none. you submit your info, they run your background, then they you a job. You dont get to sit and talk to anyone. They dont want you to figure out they are liars before you hire on.