J. Jill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Assistant Retail Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. Jill (Westlake, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter, after she saw me working at my current employer. She said I was "everything I'm looking for" and asked me to come to her store to see what she had to offer, and we could talk about my future with her company.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer to start as a sales associate until you transition into soft lines, rather than into a key-holder position? She said she wanted my success, not set me up for failure, as my sales experience is not in clothing.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. Jill (Champaign, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews one with the store manager, the second one was with another store manager with more experience. I spoke with the district manager over the phone overall pretty quick and easy process.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time in the past youve had a problem at work and what did you do to solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted to be paid and they gave it to me

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Jill (Bellevue, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager (whom I had worked for before at a different company) and then did a phone interview with the district manager. I had to wait for about a week to receive an offer. Overall, very relaxed and easy interview process, just like the culture of the company and the clothing. This company is very low key, very little pressure; they treat you like a mature adult. How refreshing!

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change companies?   1 Answer

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Jill (Quincy, MA).

Interview

Interview process was fast and efficient from the start. Someone followed up with me in a timely manner and explained everything I needed to know from start to finish. Everyone was very warm and welcoming.

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Jill (Quincy, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Brief, I met with two people and interviewed with them both at the same time. They asked me a lot of generic interview questions. I showed them my portfolio and that was pretty much it

Visual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

Really great, down to earth people. Great product and a buttoned-up growing company. Top brass seems creative and on point. They know who their customer is and stay true to their brand. Fingers crossed. No offer yet but hopeful!

Interview Questions

• My reason for choosing them.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Jill.

Interview

Terrible. Desperate & egotistical. They aggressively recruited me, but the minute they figured out I was unwilling to put them before my family, they retracted their offer to bring me in for a third round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Rather than give specific examples of interview questions, I thought it would more beneficial for people to understand my overall experience. I applied for a marketing role while I was traveling. I didn't think this would be a problem as it usually it takes a while to get an in person interview based on time it takes for a company to sort through resumes, initially screen you via phone, etc.

I heard from the recruiter the day after I applied. I had a phone interview scheduled for the following day. During a 45 minute phone interview, the recruiter fired "20 questions" like a drill sergeant and would not let me finish any of my answers. She interrupted me constantly throughout the interview. At the end of the interview, she asked me to come in later that week to meet with the hiring manager. I politely told her I was out of town and could not meet in person for two weeks. She expressed concern that two weeks was two long and suggested a Skype interview. I agreed to the Skype interview, but it was reschedule several times, and finally reschedule as an in person interview for when I was back in town.

During my in person interview with her and the hiring manager, I mentioned I was leaving town again for a family wedding and would not be available for a follow up interview until a week later. They were OK with the timing, but the next day I got a phone call and email (while I was flying) from the recruiter asking to do a Skype interview while I was out of town. At this point, I did not have a computer, nor any of my materials I like to have with me during an interview. Why would I bring that to a family wedding? I politely responded saying I would be available next week. No response.

The very next day I saw the recruiter re-post the role on Linkedin. I new immediately J Jill did not like that I wasn't willing to put them before my family. I emailed them when I was back in town to see if they still wanted me to come in for a third round of interviews and they said no b/c they found more qualified candidates. Huh? You wanted me, and then all of the sudden you have more qualified candidates? Fast forward another month and the role is still posted on their site, plus, it was reposted (for a third time) on Linkedin.

My point of sharing this experience is to let people know their egos are too big for their own good. If that is how they treated me as a candidate, can you imagine how they would have treated me as an employee? Also, how short sided are they to not wait a week for me? I would already be working by now if they waited a week for me (assuming they offered me the job). But instead, they had to repost the role two month later and are still trying to fill the role two months later.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Jill (Boston, MA).

Interview

There was a phone interview. Then I came in and met with everyone who worked on the team. Everyone was very nice. They asked me a few questions like why did I leave my previous job, strengths, and weaknesses.

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Jill (Quincy, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

HR or Recruiting person was extremely short with me and spoke over me several times during the phone interview. I had seen some poor reviews here and I sent an email requesting explanation of them from the companies point of view. She would never let me speak through the whole interview. Then hung up on me. Not very profession behavior at all. The salary she quoted was EXTREMELY low for someone with a high level of experience as myself. They want something for nothing.

Interview Questions

• I cannot believe the recruiter asked me the most basic questions of where and what I did in my past. She had my resume right in front of her. So did I. LoL   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. Jill (Quincy, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was great, very smooth. The company as a whole is geared on growth from within, training and development; which is key. I can tell by meeting the HR Director that this company will do well in the future and only evolve. I will keep my fingers crossed and keep applying.