J. Jill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 30, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Jill (Providence, RI).

Interview

The whole process took about a week. I applied online and was contacted by phone to schedule an interview a few days later. The interview was pretty short. It was around 10 minutes. It was a very easy interview and I was offered the job on the spot. However, I still had other interviews scheduled and wanted to explore my options further. I ultimately accepted a different one. I wouldn't have minded working there though.

Interview Questions

• Why retail?   1 Answer
    • What was one of the greatest compliments ever said about you?   1 Answer
    • If you were wardrobing a customer and two more came in, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Jill (Quincy, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very straight to the point, I heard back from every stage of the interviewing process in a timely manner! The phone interview felt like a natural conversation and wasn't intimidating, unlike some other interview experiences with other companies.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J. Jill (Quincy, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was overall a relaxing and seamless experience. The HR team is awesome and sets you up for success! Met with 3 different FP&A managers and they all had various questions to ask, but mostly focused on my experience and why J. Jill.

Interview Questions

• What are some projects or experiences you have had where you utilized functions in excel?   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J. Jill (Quincy, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked to bring my portfolio and explain my favorite pieces and why. The interview with my manager was very comfortable. It was just me and my manager, the other two did not show up. It is important to dress appropriately and be confident! I was willing to learn and was able to show that I had a personality that was easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about print design as the world is driving more towards web?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. Jill in December 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter. Had phone interview with her. afterwards an in person interview was set up with the district manager. After that interview, contacted by recruiter again to set up final interview with regional director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiations. I put my salary expectation on my application. District manager offered me much lower, but HR actually makes decision. When I received offer, HR met my original ask. Don't undervalue yourself. Know what you're worth and ask for it.

Visual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

Really great, down to earth people. Great product and a buttoned-up growing company. Top brass seems creative and on point. They know who their customer is and stay true to their brand. Fingers crossed. No offer yet but hopeful!

Interview Questions

• My reason for choosing them.   1 Answer

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J. Jill.

Interview

The interview took over 4 weeks and in the end they said they decided to look at other candidates. This interview was a bit of a joke, but I did it for experience with them anyways. They required me to do a test, which took over an hour. Then after 2 weeks, they say they made a mistake with the test so that I have to redo the test. It was their mistake, yet I needed to take another hour doing the test. I did anyways, to see what happens. After doing this I have another phone interview with the hiring manager, and they decide to look at other candidates, never tell me what I did wrong, I am guessing the test.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my skills match what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. Jill (Quincy, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was great, very smooth. The company as a whole is geared on growth from within, training and development; which is key. I can tell by meeting the HR Director that this company will do well in the future and only evolve. I will keep my fingers crossed and keep applying.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Jill in April 2016.

Interview

Very simple hiring process. I applied in person and the store manager asked me to come in for an interview the next day. Interview was chatty, general questions about my work history, explanation of store goals, emphasized how much fun sales team had together.

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior experience in retail?   1 Answer

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. Jill.

Interview

An absolute nightmare. HR at J Jill is a complete joke. The HR woman emailed me saying she received my resume and said she'd like to conduct a phone interview, and asked when was best for me. I emailed her back and didn't hear anything. Three days later she sends the exact same email, so again, I give her my available days and we set a day to talk (she also asked for my resume again, even after confirming she had it). That day comes and she doesn't call. After waiting a while, I give her a call and it goes to her voicemail. Meeting ran long. No problem, I understand that happens. The next set day comes, and again, silence. I call her and get her voicemail, leave her a voicemail, and send her an email. She emails me back saying she put me in her calendar for the next day (which was incorrect), so I had to wait another day to talk to her.

The only reason I put difficult for the interview is because of her.