JOANN Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Sort:

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Really simple interview, only took 15 minutes (if that), was asked incredibly basic questions mainly about availability and if I do crafts/art. If you know enough about a specific type of craft/art you might be offered to teach classes as well. About half an hour after the interview I was called and told I got the job. Overall, it was an easy, stress-free interview.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Gaithersburg, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

For me it was very fast and quick not to much questions, manager was in a rush with the interview, didn't seem to want to ask me questions. I believe he just randomly ask questions on top of his head.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever work in customer service? And for how long?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (West Melbourne, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Simple application & interview process. They look for people who enjoy crafting and have crafting experience. They want you to have open availability so they can schedule you days, nights and weekends. The more energetic you are, the better chance of being hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No phase, They tell you up front that they pay very little and hope you will be willing to work hard & except it.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOANN Stores.

Interview

Very laid back, two ladies asked me about me and my work experience. They told me about the details of the job and what exactly the process was. Then they allowed me to ask any questions that I had. Overall a very stress free and pain free experience. Would recommend.

Anything Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Mirage, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Rancho Mirage, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Submitted by paper application, but now you have to do it online, took about 1 week during upcoming season, don't bother trying to apply during summer, they cut hours like crazy and will send you home.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Jo-Anns?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just have a positive attitude, every interviewer is different.

Apparel Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOANN Stores.

Interview

This interview was a joke. The store manager interviewed me for a grand total of five minutes which constited of a few questions about my plans to stay there or not, nothing about my retail experience and whether or not I can sew.

This manager hired several people that day through the same 5 minute process. I can only imagine this has something to do with their high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, a ten year old could have gotten through my interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating and they don't listen to your requests anyway. Part of the initial paperwork asks your max hours, They don't listen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Interview by management. Next to be contacted by District Management. Asked many questions about the retail customers. Availability and Experience. Management was very polite and work environment was very pleasant. Employees were polite..

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to come in early if the truck arrived at 5am.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

It was about a 20 minute interview that consisted of a packet of questions that the manager chose from and took notes on my answers. We discussed the company expectations, schedule options, and wages. I was asked about any crafting and sewing skills, as well as any interest I may have in learning more about them.

Interview Questions

• If I had ever made a goal and accomplished it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negociation. And offer of possible hours and a direct wage for that position .

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Corpus Christi, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I had two informal interviews in plain view one was with the asm one was with the store manager. They were both very nice and seemed kind of desperate. I found out later why and after working here I'm not suprised. After I was hired it took nearly two weeks for my background to clear.

Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Boardman, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

I was already doing some of the job when I asked the manager if she felt I was able do this job. She answered "YES!" This manager was very helpful in getting me to understand what the position entailed, she asked others to be willing to work with me. Most of the training was "on the job".

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to handle the crew?   1 Answer