JOANN Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JOANN Stores Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

1.8

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JOANN Stores.

Interview

I applied online and the next day, I was called to set up an interview. After, I came in for an interview. A few days later, I received an offer through email. Quick process!

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOANN Stores.

Interview

Very laid back, two ladies asked me about me and my work experience. They told me about the details of the job and what exactly the process was. Then they allowed me to ask any questions that I had. Overall a very stress free and pain free experience. Would recommend.

Seasonal Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Charleston, WV) in October 2017.

Interview

I went up to the register and told an employee that I was there for an interview. She took me back to the classroom and I sat down at a table, where she said the manager would be just a few minutes. Two other people eventually showed up- so it turned out to be a group interview. I was really annoyed by this in the first place, because I don’t think group interviews are fair, but I went with it anyway. The manager and assistant manager came in, and they were surprisingly very nice and cheerful. I felt very welcomed and not pressured at all. The manager told us all about the company and a few things about the interview, then proceeded to ask us a couple questions. After we answered them all, the manager and asst. manager walked out for a moment, then came back in to tell us that we were all hired. She explained very thoroughly about the hiring process and that we are to keep up with our emails to see about the background check and whatnot, as well as our first training day.

All in all I was very pleased with the interview experience and I actually urged my friends to go apply as well. I’ve never met a manager that was more thorough with explaining everything about the hiring process than this one was, and I really appreciated it because it kills me when managers just expect employees to know what to do.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a rude customer, and how did you overcome it   Answer Question
    • Explain what customer service means to you, and give an example of a time you gave or received excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • Explain a little bit about your current job, and tell what experience you have with arts and crafts   Answer Question

Holiday Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Danville, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a very brief interview it only took about 10 minutes to complete I was only asked a few questions. It was a very calm environment. I was not stressed at all. My location had a very friendly manager.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Countryside, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Countryside, IL).

Interview

Met with a manager she was friendly but seemed a little rushed with the process. Interview was fairly simple nothing to complex. Basic interview questions. Their is no drug test needed.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOANN Stores.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back a few days later. The interview was easy. The manager was nice and friendly, which changed once I got hired. Interview went well and was offered the job on the spot.

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Dalton, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

was not an interview. I applied and then was basically contacted by email for my background check and setting up my direct deposit, It was not a hard process since they were going out of business

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call , went in the next day and they basically asked if i have worked retail before and my qualifications. Very easy and basic interview. Worked and 8 hour shift the next day.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Corona, CA).

Interview

This job was okay. The interview process was fairly easy, they gave you all the information you needed to know about the company and what to expect. The training was a little scattered. Only the older coworkers were willing to help train. There was no set way to train someone, so they just stuck you with a different person each shift.

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths and weaknesses?
      How are you working in crowded and fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prince Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JOANN Stores (Prince Frederick, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I was supposed to be scheduled during their weekly job fair interview, but the position was filled up already. I applied online, and then I was called in for their interview, and then a couple days later, I receive an email stating that it was filled up.