JR Automation Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at JR Automation Technologies

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JR Automation Technologies (Holland, MI) in May 2018.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with one of their upbeat HR members, which lasted about 30-40 mins. Then a follow-up with one of their other HR members, followed by a phone interview with a project manager. A day later I was asked to come to an on-site interview and flown out, provided lunch and a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• If I had to take over for a released project manager, where would I start?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JR Automation Technologies (Holland, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

They were disorganized and inefficient. I met with two BU Managers and an HR rep. The HR rep didn't speak. One of the BU Managers was late and hardly spoke. The other BU Manager did 75% of the talking. I later found out they thought I was a poor interview. What I fiund sweetly ironic is JR's shortage for help combined with their inept interview process.

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JR Automation Technologies (Bronx, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Was called for phone interview, interviewer was good, I was little bit anxious answered all the questions but was little bit fast ! and asked questions about the company. Then she told me about the company, I also told what i knew about the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JR Automation Technologies (Holland, MI).

Interview

Applied on-line. Initial request for phone screen by HR came pretty quickly. Initial phone screen went well. Then I did an initial phone screen with hiring manager. That also went well, which lead to request for on-site interview in Holland. Panel interview with key individuals from the engineering department. Everyone was very professional, seemed like top notch individuals. Tour of several facilities was very impressive. The projects they do seem very interesting.

Interview Questions

• What design project from your past are you most proud of.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JR Automation Technologies (Holland, MI).

Interview

first round phone interview with multiple engineering managers. After that I was invited for an onsite visit and interview.

Then onsite interview with engineering managers. Met with about 8 people in a panel interview. Went over my resume, followed by questions from individuals. The plant tour, where I asked questions about the job and facilities. I toured the other facilities, and met a couple of managers at each one. It was a very enjoyable, and pretty relaxed experience.

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JR Automation Technologies (Holland, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

I was hired originally through a contractor. I was contacted by a recruiter that told me about an open position. When I was hired it was typical to be under contract for 6 months. After my contract expired, I was offered full time work.

I had a short phone interview with the recruiter, that was the only pre-screening.

My interview was only a couple days after the initial contact from the recruiter. I was interviewed by 4 Engineers and Managers. They were most interested in my desire to perform the job they were interviewing for. Since I was fresh out of college I didn't really have real world experience outside of my internships.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were generic interview questions.
      What interests you about JR?
      What exposure do you have to automation?
      What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JR Automation Technologies (Holland, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with about 10 ME managers from all the business units for the first interview, then went to another business unit for my second. I met with that units lead engineers and had a great interview. I could tell everyone was very experienced and a great team feel overall.

Interview Questions

• What was my favorite design project I have done and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JR Automation Technologies (Holland, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with manager to discuss the opening and what my potential job roles would be. Then had an on site interview with management which included a shop tour and group interview in which we discussed daily life at JR and the jobs roles. Interview was light on technical questions and more personality based.

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Automation Technologies (Holland, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter called me and discussed the position they were trying to fill, later we had another hour long phone interview, followed by about a 2 hour phone interview with a couple engineering managers. They then flew me back to Michigan and took me to dinner a couple times as we discussed things, and had a formal interview with several managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage teams and deadlines?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JR Automation Technologies (Holland, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

JR contacted me about a Mechanical Engineering position. They were flexible and considerate with every arrangement from the phone interview to a tour of potential living situation near their office. They had multiple managers describe exactly were they wanted me in the company and what my role would be. They stressed that a culture fit was just as important as qualification fit.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to keep up with the pace and demand of this position?

Will you be able to switch quickly from project to project?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a competitive offer but was unable to relocate for personal reasons.