Jackson Hewitt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

1.7

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Phone call to set up interview. When I arrived I had to sign in and fill out a questionnaire. I was asked the same questions that I had just answered on the form. I was told I would hear back by Friday. Still waiting.

Real Estate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Sarasota, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Had a telephone interview with the Human Resource rep prior to the face to face interview. Interviewed at location with two people, both very nice. Was shown around building by the Human Resources representative. Was asked to read a lease and answer a question, which I found in about two minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

Applied online, Was called for an in person interview. Manager asked questions about my experience with taxes and customer service. Drug screening the next day. Started work as soon a drug screen came back

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to deal with a customer issue or complaint   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with taxes and/or accounting?   Answer Question

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Responded to a Craigslist ad that was advertising Seasonal help for $13-$20 an hour. I thought that even $15.00 would be ok for the experience. I have completed dozens of tax returns, just not as a "paid tax preparer" Had in person interview. I walked into the office and it was dark and drab. There was a tax preparer with clients and the hiring manager was on the phone, "she yelled to me that she would be with me in a minute." it was like 20... (Unprofessional) Hiring manager's desk was about 8 feet adjacent to the other tax preparer and clients desk.( I thought where is the privacy????)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a client?
      What do you know about Jackson Hewitt.
      Tell me about a time you went above for a coworker?
      What computer programs are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Sarasota, FL).

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with the HR representative, and then I interviewed with the Application Development team lead, a senior application developer and a senior application architect. Each meeting was one on one.

Interview Questions

• If you had a string variable and had to add to it several times, how would you accomplish that?   1 Answer
    • What version of SQL Server have you been working in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Wales, PA

Application

I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (North Wales, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Ask your academic backgrounds and related experiences. Try to identify your skill sets and fit in for this position. There are also pre-job training before you really help a customer. PTIN is required.

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Astoria, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Astoria, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The franchise owner sat down and asked me comprehensive tax questions and asked about my knowledge of taxes. He asked where I received this knowledge. The interviewer was very straightforward and didn't ask questions to trick me. Instead, he simply asked questions to gain an understanding of how much tax law I knew.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience doing individual tax returns?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Peoria, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

It was real good! The young lady was real professional in her goal of obtaining a good interview. She asked the right questions and got the most out of you. She wanted to know the thing you done to help other people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

first a quick phone interview. Then doing tax class on line or in classroom setting. then asked to come in and interview. typical questions. then they offer employment based on tax school performance.

Interview Questions

• what are you goals? what is your experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Ithaca, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I took the free tax prep course. I did well in the class and was hired shortly after the course was over. It seemed that the course was the interview process.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions   1 Answer