Jackson Hewitt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

1.8

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Detroit, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

Hired on the spot!! Interviewer was very professional and she knew exactly what she was looking for in an employee. She explained schedule, salary and end of the year bonuses. Overall beautiful experience.

Interview Questions

• What much experience do you have preparing taxes for last few years.   1 Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Interview

Applied by sending my resume by email to local office. Then received an email with tax class credentials. Got a phone call to come in for an interview and office procedures.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in November 2017.

Interview

The normal interviewer was sick so I spoke to someone else. He explained what the position was and daily tasks. He asked me about my work history and my customer service and technical experience. It was about a 15 min interview and when I asked what the next steps are he told me that he was offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer a position that is customer service or technical based?   Answer Question

Interview

Started taking the class. Never really a true interview. They sent application and paperwork to fill out after the start of the class was established. You have to make a passing grade for the entire class, then you start as a tax preparer

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Everett, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online in the company's career portal and emailed a coworker to arrange a face to face interview with the district manager for Oct 20th followed by the background check and I-9 paperwork.

Interview Questions

• How was your season last year?   1 Answer

Income Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

You must fill out an application online, and then you will be contacted to start classes to be qualified for employment. There is also an assessment and background check performed. If you pass the tax class, you are then offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever prepared taxes for another company before?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Phone call to set up interview. When I arrived I had to sign in and fill out a questionnaire. I was asked the same questions that I had just answered on the form. I was told I would hear back by Friday. Still waiting.

Real Estate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Sarasota, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Had a telephone interview with the Human Resource rep prior to the face to face interview. Interviewed at location with two people, both very nice. Was shown around building by the Human Resources representative. Was asked to read a lease and answer a question, which I found in about two minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

Applied online, Was called for an in person interview. Manager asked questions about my experience with taxes and customer service. Drug screening the next day. Started work as soon a drug screen came back

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to deal with a customer issue or complaint   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with taxes and/or accounting?   Answer Question

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Interview

Responded to a Craigslist ad that was advertising Seasonal help for $13-$20 an hour. I thought that even $15.00 would be ok for the experience. I have completed dozens of tax returns, just not as a "paid tax preparer" Had in person interview. I walked into the office and it was dark and drab. There was a tax preparer with clients and the hiring manager was on the phone, "she yelled to me that she would be with me in a minute." it was like 20... (Unprofessional) Hiring manager's desk was about 8 feet adjacent to the other tax preparer and clients desk.( I thought where is the privacy????)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a client?
      What do you know about Jackson Hewitt.
      Tell me about a time you went above for a coworker?
      What computer programs are you familiar with?   1 Answer