Jagex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Lake Tahoe, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jagex (South Lake Tahoe, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 2007RunescapeGold LLC United States in January 2015.Interview process was a total of 3 interviews consisting of 3-4 personal experience and situational questions each. They were looking for actual examples and a certain format- situation, behavior, outcome. Confidence is a must and they were looking for someone that was willing to lead the group. First interview was with HR, then STL, then the district team lead, all on different days.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jagex.

Interview

Several emails leading to a phone interview. I was one of the final 3 candidates but wasnt the best suited for the job. I was told i had a great interview.

Interview Questions

• What if your CEO asked you to complete a task and the CTO asked you to complete a task on the same day itself. How would you prioritize?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

There was an office I walked into and promptly seated. Then I was invited into a managers office where the interview began. He asked basic questions about business strategy and case studies. I gave him my advice on the game and the direction of the future gaming market. Pretty easy interview.

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interview with three member of staff.

Day at Jagex HQ with a group of other interviewees. Took part in group activities and then 1-1 interviews later on in the day.

Had a great experience over the phone and at the office. However they didn't bother to let me know if I was successful or not which I found to be quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Jagex?
      How much would this job mean to you?   Answer Question

Junior QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial Phone interview with Lead QA, Manager and Senior QA - Talked about experience, what did QA mean to you, games I had played and how much of Runescape I had played.

Interview Day at the Office in Cambridge - Spent the day going over some processes and the overall role of QA within Jagex, exercises on how to write reproductions steps, prioritize bugs and ability to understand code. The day finished with a session with a build of the game in which we were asked to test using the knowledge from the earlier sessions with a short 1 to 2 conversational interview during the period with the Lead and Manager.

The interview took place on a Monday and was contacted on the following Friday with an offer and feedback.

Interview Questions

• Describe, in detail, how you would describe the process of withdrawing cash from an ATM to another person.   1 Answer

Technical QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

A interview with 2 people of Jagex, it was a brief but very good interview. Very friendly atmosphere. They give you a very good view of what the job contains, what is expected...

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Application

Interview

I received an email asking me to give them a convenient date for a telephone interview. After replying them promptly, I did not received confirmation for a week. I had to chase HR to find out in regards to my email and they told me that it would take place on a specific day in February. On the interview day, I was waiting for 1 hour without anyone calling me. 2 hours later they have sent me an email saying that they had to reschedule the interview to which I have agreed. On the rescheduled day of the interview, I was asked only 4 questions, all of them HR related: eligibility to work in UK, notice period to give to the employer, daily activities at work and salary expectations. The interviewer was clearly trying to end the process within 15 minutes but I was keep asking him questions about the company to which he was having difficulties to answer. At the end of the interview he told me that he will let me know via email by end of the week the confirmed date for the second interview. I never received an email and when I chased it with their HR department they did not reply to me at all.

The company clearly acts unprofessional and I am not sure if I would like to work for them. I understand if they would consider me unsuitable for the role however, considering that I have already been invited for an interview, I would expect from a professional company to have the decency to sent an email informing me or when I send them an email to let me know of the outcome and not avoiding me.

I would recommend to future applicants to be very careful and do an in-depth research about the company prior to applying/accepting a job role with them as they are very unprofessional. There seems to be some organizational issues and there is also lack of communication between departments.

Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Good interview in general no complaints here would definitely go through the interview process again because it was easy simple and I was successful as a result of this interview process and I would one hundred percent recommend this company to another person because of this interview process that I took part in

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I felt like this intervew was overall good

Junior QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Full interview to begin with 3 people, QA manager, Lead QA and Senior QA. Taken upstairs to the office and sat in front of a old build of a game and told to find bugs. Also write down what bugs you found, what severity they were and reproduction steps. I was then taken into another room for any followup questions with the Senior and Lead QA. The taxi to the train station was fully paid for afterwards and was called around 3-4 days after the interview to be offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What's your Favourite game?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the QA process?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe what a QA's role is in the development process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, I was offered the role with the starting salary as it was an entry level position.

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex.

Interview

Generally very rude on the phone. Had clearly decided I was overqualified and despite having already asked me salary expectations (about 10k more than they planned to offer) still called.
    Basically laughed at me when I said I had only. Played game for a few hours to brush up for interview, had already found faults in the game and didn't feel like they cared and we're looking for a runescape fan boy to pay below the going rate.