Jagex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jagex Interview Questions

Interviews at Jagex

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

There was an office I walked into and promptly seated. Then I was invited into a managers office where the interview began. He asked basic questions about business strategy and case studies. I gave him my advice on the game and the direction of the future gaming market. Pretty easy interview.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Lake Tahoe, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jagex (South Lake Tahoe, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 2007RunescapeGold LLC United States in January 2015.Interview process was a total of 3 interviews consisting of 3-4 personal experience and situational questions each. They were looking for actual examples and a certain format- situation, behavior, outcome. Confidence is a must and they were looking for someone that was willing to lead the group. First interview was with HR, then STL, then the district team lead, all on different days.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jagex.

Interview

Several emails leading to a phone interview. I was one of the final 3 candidates but wasnt the best suited for the job. I was told i had a great interview.

Interview Questions

• What if your CEO asked you to complete a task and the CTO asked you to complete a task on the same day itself. How would you prioritize?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial communication was a phone interview and an online assessment. This was followed by an assessment day where I worked on an example problem.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing really difficult or awkward about the process   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

A telephone interview initiated the process. The call consisted of some technical assessment questions and the typical work history/skills discussions.

Following the telephone interview was a slightly eclectic day on-site. Interviewed by members of multiple teams and asked (old) Google-esque psychoanalysis questions, etc.

The process was very casual (fitting for the environment) and as such, relatively stress-free.

Interview Questions

• "How would you describe the colour pink to a blind person?"   1 Answer

Artist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jagex in March 2018.

Interview

Contacted a senior figure to inquire about a role. After an initially positive interaction the contact said they'd arrange for an art test to be sent to me ASAP. After a week of silence they contacted again to say they hadn't forgotten me, but for various reasons the art test was delayed. After several more weeks I contacted them again and they seemed surprised I still hadn't received an art test and assured me they'd get right on it. At the time of writing it's been 3 months without hearing anything.

Friendly staff but bad organisation and communication.

IT Technician Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex.

Interview

Application involved submitting my CV and writing a covering letter. First interview was a phone interview in which I was asked about my experience and motivation for applying.
    Following this I was invited to a face to face interview. Genuinely had a lot of fun at the interview, very relaxed and informal. I was asked standard interview questions, not competency questions.

Then got shown around the building and met the rest of the team. All really nice people.
    Got a call the next day saying they won't be moving forward with my application, that they wanted someone with more experience.

Still had a great time! It was worth going there just to see the offices and meet the staff.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Apply directly. Most posts are not advertised with agencies.
    1 - 2 interviews, normally around half a day and include interviews, office tour and generally an exercise to demonstrate your ability to do the job you are applying for.

Offer or contact are normally made within a week of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your personality is the right fit for this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

I am located in Newcastle, but had a very positive experience once my application was picked up by the recruitment team.

I actually ended up doing a variety of technical exercises, one “take home project”, and another that involved answering some of the shelf Java questions.

The recruitment invited me down to Cambridge at the expense of the company, and I spent a half day on site interviewing with a handful of different personnel.

All interviews were super polite, great to talk with and the brief introduction to the team I would be working with was great.

I went home and took a trip to Italy, whilst out there I’d heard that I received an offer, after some negotiation I had a very impressive offer but due to financial concerns within my family, we had to unfortunately turn it down.

Should circumstances change, I would love to approach Jagex again, I had a thoroughly positive experience and had I accepted I have no doubt the experience would have been positive.

Localisation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jagex (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

I first sent my cv in June 2018, and just got an answer a month after. They sent me in July a test which was the 1st stage of the application process. I had to make the rest in 4 hours. There were 2 translation exercises and 3 more related to customer service. Then, one month after they invited me for an assessment day. I spent a day in the company, did 4 tests and then the interview. By the time I went for the interview I was already knackered, my brain was just exploding. There were 3 people interviewing me in a small room. They literally "bombed" me with so many questions. I think there was around 50 questions in total but most of them very similar. They said they would get back to me in 3 weeks but it's been over a month and no feedback so far, which is so disrespectful.