Janssen Research & Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Janssen Research & Development Interview Questions

Director CMC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development (Malvern, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Connected by recruiter followed by phone interview with team member. Then invited for on-site interview with HR, hiring manager and team members as panel for total one hour. No consideration that the candidate traveled for 9 hours for total one hour meeting.

Senior Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development.

Interview

I applied online, got an email about two weeks later asking for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 40 min. They told me they're going to invite me for an onsite interview. HR called about 2 days later to fill out forms for onsite interview..asked me if I needed sponsorship later on. After 1 week I received an email saying that due to lack of support for sponsorship they can't offer me the position.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development (Horsham, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I met someone from the Data Science team at my university's career fair. They were seeking PhD with computational and statistical skills. I submitted my resume and received an email asking to set up a time for a phone interview. There were three stages:
    (1) Phone: 30-45 minutes call asking about research, interest, coding experience, etc.
    (2) Video conference: you are asked to prepare a 15 minutes, 5 slides presentation about your research, your presentation is followed with questions
    (3) On site interview: day-long, give 1 hour presentation about research, followed by ~5-8 30 minute meetings with the team

Interview Questions

• Mostly going through your resume and typical interview questions. No coding or algorithm questions were asked.

- Tell me about your research.
      - Why are you interested in Data Science?
      - Describe how you overcame a challenge in your work.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial HR phone screen with basic questions i.e. Why do you want to work for J&J (30 min). Then video interview with two directors with basic and behavioral questions (45 minutes). Followed by full day on-site interview with directors and group members in one on one and panel interview formats .

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy. Just be prepared and actually research all the ins and outs of your position. Be sure to ask some questions as well. If applying for a research position. Know the technic names of devices you have used and know the ins and outs of the experiments you have performed.

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development (Malvern, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Was referred by an employee. The phone interview was with the Associate Director who asked a couple of technical questions. About 2 weeks later, I was invited for an in-person panel interview which was scheduled for 45 min, but lasted about 1 hour 20 min. I walked into a conference room to see 5 people sitting at the table and one empty chair at the end for me with a bottle of water. Panel interview process was intimidating, asked a lot of technical, behavioral, and situational questions. A lot of the situational questions I did not have a situation for, so I said "I have not been faced with this situation in my career yet, but if I did, I would do ...." After my interview, I did not feel 100% confident that I nailed the interview, but then 2 weeks later I got the offer!

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you deal with confrontation, and provide an example
      2. Name a time when an employee did something unethical, and how did you deal with it?
      3. Name a time when a project partner did not do their share of the work, and what you did.
      4. What do you do if a partner has an idea that you are sure will not work?
      5. If you plan out a schedule, what do you do if something goes wrong? I answered "I would go back to the drawing board and try to figure out what went wrong and prevent it from happening again." But then they asked what if you did all that, and something still went wrong?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by HR for a 15 min phone screen within a few days. The on-site interview was a half day interview with peers/ supervisor. Everyone was friendly and informative. It was very straightforward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would have liked more vacation time, but was told that was non-negotiable

Regulatory Affairs Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development (Raritan, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is like always, you speak to your contracting company and then they provide you with time of the phone interview. You speak on the phone with the manager of the team that you are going to be working with. If they like you, you will come in for an interview at the site and typically you will sit with everyone on the team to see how you will mesh. Once that is done they will decide to hire you or not.

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

phone interview with recruiter about fit, phone interview with HR to make sure you're not crazy, phone interview with hiring manager about position specifics, half day in person interview with 45-min talk, meeting with other scientists

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development in October 2014.

Interview

Because I was not near the facility, the first interview was conducted by phone. It was a fairly general interview, asking me to go through my resume, along with a few questions regarding my responses to specific scenarios. The interviewers were very helpful in answering any questions I had, and the entire process lasted for a total of maybe 40 minutes or so.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult. They were very straightforward with what they wanted.   Answer Question