Janssen Research & Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Janssen Research & Development

Sort:

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development (Malvern, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Was referred by an employee. The phone interview was with the Associate Director who asked a couple of technical questions. About 2 weeks later, I was invited for an in-person panel interview which was scheduled for 45 min, but lasted about 1 hour 20 min. I walked into a conference room to see 5 people sitting at the table and one empty chair at the end for me with a bottle of water. Panel interview process was intimidating, asked a lot of technical, behavioral, and situational questions. A lot of the situational questions I did not have a situation for, so I said "I have not been faced with this situation in my career yet, but if I did, I would do ...." After my interview, I did not feel 100% confident that I nailed the interview, but then 2 weeks later I got the offer!

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you deal with confrontation, and provide an example
      2. Name a time when an employee did something unethical, and how did you deal with it?
      3. Name a time when a project partner did not do their share of the work, and what you did.
      4. What do you do if a partner has an idea that you are sure will not work?
      5. If you plan out a schedule, what do you do if something goes wrong? I answered "I would go back to the drawing board and try to figure out what went wrong and prevent it from happening again." But then they asked what if you did all that, and something still went wrong?   1 Answer

Senior Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development.

Interview

I applied online, got an email about two weeks later asking for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 40 min. They told me they're going to invite me for an onsite interview. HR called about 2 days later to fill out forms for onsite interview..asked me if I needed sponsorship later on. After 1 week I received an email saying that due to lack of support for sponsorship they can't offer me the position.

Finance Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting, interview was very pleasant and non-threatening.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial HR phone screen with basic questions i.e. Why do you want to work for J&J (30 min). Then video interview with two directors with basic and behavioral questions (45 minutes). Followed by full day on-site interview with directors and group members in one on one and panel interview formats .

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development in August 2014.

Interview

Mixed feelings. Phone interview and on site interview went well, Everyone was very professional and I felt confident that I will get the job. However, since then there have been no communication. I have written to the people in charge but did not get any feedback or tentative decision. I am assuming I was not selected but a personal note is minimum courtesy for someone who spends whole day to be on site for interview, shares their ideas and unpublished data.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a situation when things are not moving at the pace you want.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Easy going. Got the interview thru a career fair. Simple questions, nothing really out of the ordinary. What are some tough situations you faced? Tell me about situations in which you acted as part of a team? Tell me about x, y, and z off your resume? What skills can you contribute to the team? How do your past research experiences make you a better scientist?

Interview Questions

• They ask questions about your research. So if it has been a while since you did your research make sure to brush up on it so you are prepared.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by HR for a 15 min phone screen within a few days. The on-site interview was a half day interview with peers/ supervisor. Everyone was friendly and informative. It was very straightforward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I would have liked more vacation time, but was told that was non-negotiable

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development.

Interview

Recruiter, then phone interview. Seminar plus interviews.

Interview Questions

• How much time are you willing to spend in a lab/desk/travel   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Research & Development (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

phone interview with recruiter about fit, phone interview with HR to make sure you're not crazy, phone interview with hiring manager about position specifics, half day in person interview with 45-min talk, meeting with other scientists

Director of Medical Affairs Interview

Interview

I thought the Interviews were well balanced. I spoke to people who would be at my level, my direct manager, and his manager. I got a good feel for the position and I thought the questions posed to me were reasonable. I think the selection is based more on the CV than the interview, which is appropriate.