JoS. A. Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JoS. A. Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2017

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview

IT was quick. They mainly wanted to know if I liked helping customers and what days I could work. Once that was made clear, I was asked to put together an outfit from the store's inventory. IF you get this far then make sure to add as much clothing and accessories as you can. It shows that you want to maximize your sell and show your customer everything available to them.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haughton, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Haughton, LA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called the morning after I sent in my resume and asked to come in that afternoon- had a fairly quick interview and offered the position for full time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?
      What do you like about retail?
      Do you have any experience in retail?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Evanston, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I got called within one or two days of filling out the online application for an interview. The scheduling for the interview was quick, in the afternoon the next day. The interview happened in the back, in the tailor shop and it was laid back.

I was pretty much offered the job on the spot, but the district manager needed to be in the loop, so the official offer wasn't made until maybe three days later. All in all, though, the time between me completing the online, initial application and me having my first day on the job was about a week which was really nice!

Interview Questions

• *the interview was very typical, "what are you looking for in a job?... how many hours are you looking to work?... describe your prior experiences in retail..." etcetc   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview

It was an internal interview so it took about a week from start to finish. I interviewed with two people from management and HR called me with their decision in about two days. It was pretty simple.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, recieved a phone screen from Human Resources and face-to-face interview with Regional Manager the following week. A face-to-face offer was made by the Regional Manager the week after.

Interview Questions

• Standard management skills questions with a focus on one on one commisioned sales experience.   Answer Question

Offensively low salary offer of $13/hr due to "commission potential". Location was not location posted and applied to but instead was an additional 20miles away. Great offer for the inexperienced looking to get a leg up on their resume or for those who need a hobby.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Discussed strengths, weaknesses, as well as how one could assist customers as a "[fashion] consultant" as opposed to a "clerk".
    The interview was one on one with a regional manager, low pressure, nothing too terrible. Friendly, and very professional.

Interview Questions

• How i could help change the selling selling model over toward what Mens wearhouse standards.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Stamford, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

A group of us met with 6 people on the first interview
    Then several of us on the second
    The next 3 were one on one
    It was a long tedious process that we had to go through , but u learned a lot about the company .
    By the end u knew exactly what was expected

Interview Questions

• Gave us work scenarios and asked to explain what we would do   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied in store, called by store manager within 48 hours. Met store manager, had a casual chat about the store and the new branding - JaB was recently purchased by Mens Warehouse - and the direction of the company.
    In the formalinterview, the SM asked the usual questions like 'why do you want to work here,' 'have you shopped before,' etc. She was very nice and upfront about her expectations and how I could grow within the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you shopped here before?
      What would you do to alter the customer experience?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview

Not Very Specific...No background check. Were not clear about the salary or the benefits. Simple stock questions. The whole process took around 15 minutes and there was no tests ( background or drug). I was offered on the spot. Make sure you get a clear description on the commission structure.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy and convenient. The RSM just happened to be in the store the day I walked in. The process was short and sweet due to my experience in men's clothing and otherwise. I was able to interview and get hired in a very short time.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have   1 Answer