JoS. A. Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at JoS. A. Bank

1.9

Commission Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2008.

Interview

Didn't ask much saw resume and hired on spot

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Small base and commission

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Cleveland, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview took forever Almost 6 weeks from inital interview. Training was poor, no formalized process. basically told to follow another employee. not told how or when one is ready for advancement

Interview Questions

• There really wasnt a difficukt question. interviewing was done by store management. Interviewing is not their strong point   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank in September 2009.

Interview

Pretty superficial interviews, though all folks seemed nice and positive. Acknowledged the wide range of compensation available depending on which store you work at. Seemed like the major stores were OK $, but smaller stores would be a real struggle to get to a decent level.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Portland, ME) in January 2013.

Interview

Ask open ended questions
    Recommend what better suits the customer
    Learn what's in style
    Be a team leader
    Be a good supervisor
    Always try to learn
    Learn how to use computers
    Learn how to clean
    Learn how to fold
    Learn how to measure
    Watch training videos

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Englewood, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

First interviewed with a store manager who was frazzled and seemed unsure of what to ask while she interviewed me in a changing room. Then had me style some suits and told me her regional manager would call me. Weeks later a regional finally scheduled another interview in another location and it seemed to go well. She told me I would have to interview with her colleague who splits the territory with her. He took weeks to schedule again and it was another store location. He was 30 minutes late, seemed uninterested, asked me one question and then got up. Nobody ever called or returned my follow up messages to let me know the status of the opening. Completely unprofessional and lacking any structure.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Murfreesboro, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

It was brief I had a lot of fun interesting questions they told me to sell something make sure you pick a product that has versatility for instance a shirt so you could wear it under a blazer or with some jeans or a pair of khakis

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing was negotionable

Visual Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Gadsden, AL) in September 2011.

Interview

Was called for a phone interview by the District Visual Manager. Asked general questions and was then asked to submit photos of visual work I had done in the past. I submitted my photos next day I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about Visual?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever heard of Jos. A. Banks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting pay per hour is 14 an hour, it's higher because you do not get commission.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Tuscaloosa, AL) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a video interview. It was less than 5 minutes. A question would pop up on the screen, then you would have around a minute to record your video response. One of the questions I remember specifically was, “What are the steps to dressing a form?” In which I responded with something very generic: Take the form to the back of the store (out of customer sight), remove the existing clothes and hang them up, press the new clothes and put them on the form, take the form back out into the store. I don’t remember the other questions, but it was simple.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps to dressing a form   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview

It was an internal interview so it took about a week from start to finish. I interviewed with two people from management and HR called me with their decision in about two days. It was pretty simple.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampstead, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Hampstead, MD) in June 2009.

Interview

Telephone call from HR, in house interview with three separate members of merchandising/product development/sourcing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A