John Snow, Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at John Snow, Inc

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

Straightforward - I had an in-person interview with the key people on the team I would be working with. The process was very streamlined (though I likely benefited from knowing some of the current team members) and they were quick to respond with their decision. The questions were a blend of technical background and experience and administrative and operations expertise, and the interview was conducted by a panel of staff.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you've juggled multiple priorities.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc (Arlington, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

1 Phone call and 1 in person Interview. They called during the middle of the day unexpectedly. Asked if I was still interested, full/part time, and scheduled interview dates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? Can you get along with different types of people?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc.

Interview

I first went through a phone screen and then I was invited to in-person interview. There were 3 interviewers. They asked pretty basic questions but I felt like I had to ask most of the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

About 5 interns were going to be hired at the DC office. We worked on different projects. We were very involved with maintaining financial documents and using social media. We also worked to edit materials.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if someone was talking on the phone? Tell us about yourself? Where would you like to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc.

Interview

Online application and phone interview that lasted around 30-40 mins

Basic questions, not too unexpected..
    1. Tell us about yourself and your qualifications.
    2. Why are you interested in this position?
    3. Give an example of when you worked on a team, challenges faced and how you overcame them.
    4. Example of cross-cultural experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing to do when working in a multi-cultural environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was recommended to apply by an employee, who told me to be on the look out for an application coming out in the next month. I sent in my resume and cover letter, and then I was called for a brief phone interview. After the phone interview, I had a Skype interview with two people.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward questions like: "tell us about a time you worked on a team" and "tell us about a time you worked cross culturally"   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is dependent on class year for internships.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc (Boston, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

Transparent

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty casual. They asked me to come into the office and we discussed college, career plans for the future, if I had any interest in public health, and what I hoped to gain from this internship. The interview was close to half an hour and not very difficult at all.

Senior Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc (Arlington, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed within 4 weeks. The panel was composed of very nice professionals and made you comfortable. Their was HR only technical experts. It was on phone and the interview took 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background ?
      give us example of your Technical expertise et professional experience success?   1 Answer

Interview

I apply using a hunter, then they contact me, I just went to an interview and which is perfect. There are three HRs, they ask very normal questions, like introduce yourself, what is my favorite career in 5 years, and what I like about the job. And ask me whether I'm a detail-oriented person.