John Snow, Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Snow, Inc Interview Questions

3.1

Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc.

Interview

It was a lengthy interview process that can involve up to 5 interviews. There was an initial phone interview and then a follow up interview on skype with three people. The interview was done normally done in person but they were able to accommodate me overseas.

Interview Questions

• They asked the standard questions along with some case study questions.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc.

Interview

Very professional, but long, intense process. Met with many individuals at different levels of the organization. Initial phone screen, followed by 4 person teleconference interview. Was invited for in person interview, met with and was interviewed by at least 10 people that day, including a written test.

International Division Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview questions were very straight-forward. I think expectations are very high, though, despite how easy the questions are and there's a lot of competition for positions at JSI. The interviewer got back to me two weeks later, but I wasn't selected to move on.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

About 5 interns were going to be hired at the DC office. We worked on different projects. We were very involved with maintaining financial documents and using social media. We also worked to edit materials.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if someone was talking on the phone? Tell us about yourself? Where would you like to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Interview

I apply using a hunter, then they contact me, I just went to an interview and which is perfect. There are three HRs, they ask very normal questions, like introduce yourself, what is my favorite career in 5 years, and what I like about the job. And ask me whether I'm a detail-oriented person.

Finance and Administration Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Job is posted on the website, you apply, if chosen you come in for an interview. They prefer to hire internal candidates so your best bet is to already be working there in some capacity.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are about relevant work experience and work style.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc.

Interview

I first went through a phone screen and then I was invited to in-person interview. There were 3 interviewers. They asked pretty basic questions but I felt like I had to ask most of the questions.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc.

Interview

Overall good experience, however the managers seemed to rush throughout the interview. The questions asked were typical behavioral and past experience type questions. The panel did not leave enough time for questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past work related to project management, project operations, communication, and new business development.   Answer Question

International Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first with HR, then invited to an in-person interview by 3 program officers. Nothing out of the ordinary. They each told me a brief bit about what projects they are working on and then asked me more questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern here, what do you see yourself doing after you are done with school?   Answer Question

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at John Snow, Inc (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone interview (30 minutes) with an HR person followed by a Skype interview with three current staff members (current PO's). The second interview was more challenging than the first and was made up almost entirely of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: We plan an event every year for our employees; last year we planned a kayaking trip. What is one event you would plan for the company and why?   Answer Question