Juno Therapeutics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Juno Therapeutics

3.2

Sort:

Associate Interview

Interview

I did not interview recently, but I suspect the process has not changed too much in the last 8 months or so. This was a typical interview process: talent acquisition phone screen, hiring manager phone screen, and F2F interview so that they can essentially flesh out a reason to *not * select you. There are several of glassdoor reviews which state the interviewers are "nice", but come on! What would you expect of their interview behavior?! For them to maul you?!

"Nice" doesn't get you a job offer nor does it give you any tangible insight into what these people are really like to work with. For all you know they could be a set of professional backstabbers who aren't interested in your narratives. If you want to get away from Amgen culture my advice is to stay away from this place.

More importantly start-ups need talent not only with technical skills, but are flexible enough to help other areas where needed. If you're a team-player whose ambition is to work here it may be best for you to downplay this personality characteristic. Those of us who worked in tech start-up speak from experience when we say that we need to be able to lend our resources where resources are needed. This company apparently sees no value in that (or diversity) , despite it's promising anit-cancer tech.

Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Irrelvant. Just be prepared to answer questions using the STAR format and tell them whatever they indicate they want to hear, your narrative doesn't matter. They've already prejudged you, despite the "small company" environment they want to portray.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Juno Therapeutics (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I reached out to a current employee via LinkedIn to learn more about an open position and within a couple days, HR contacted me to set-up an initial phone screen. After the phone screen with the hiring manager, I was brought in about a week later to meet with the interview panel. It was a full day of interviews. Everyone that I met with was on time and prepared with questions. The company was very responsive and treats candidates with respect and graciousness. Juno is looking for top talent and shows this in the way they treat candidates. This was, by far, the best interview experience I've had.

Interview Questions

• What is one word your colleagues would use to describe you?   1 Answer
    • Why Juno?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juno Therapeutics (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. We coordinated the call over email. Overall a very pleasant discussion with a motivated and experienced hiring manager. He was very prompt with communication before and after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have executing cancer therapy partnerships?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Juno Therapeutics (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was hired on as a temp, and then moved into a full time position. I worked as a temp for three months. When I was brought on as a temp, a recruiter recommended me for the position and I did an interview with both the senior executive assistant and another executive assistant that I would be supporting.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important aspect of work culture for you?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Juno Therapeutics (Bothell, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager, on-site interview with seven peers or manager. Behavior and situational based questions.
    Be prepared and confident and tell the truth.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of feedback you were given and what did you do   Answer Question

Feb 14, 2018 – People Team

Thank you for you feedback and welcome to Juno!

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Juno Therapeutics (Bothell, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was recently invited for an on-site interview for a senior research associate position, and I had a very positive experience. Everyone from the HR associate to the hiring manager and interview team were all supportive and impressed with my skill set. In the end, I was edged out by someone with more relevant experience, but was encouraged by the manager to seek future opportunities at Juno. I appreciated their feedback and encouragement, and left the interview process feeling good about the connections I made with through the interview team. I'll be keeping my eye out for other opportunities at Juno.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions:
      "How did you overcome an unexpected result in the lab?"
      "Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with someone in the lab or your group...?"
      "What percentage do you expect/want to work in the lab?"
      "What are your short-term and long-term career goals?"
      "Why are you looking for employment elsewhere, and why Juno?"   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Juno Therapeutics (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

This was a primary interview with a Juno phone screen person from Human Resources. I did not get the opportunity to speak to the hiring manager for the position. She made an appointment to speak with me (the appointment was made via Email). She specified that she was interested in making sure I had a good phone connection in preparation for the interview, so I made sure i called her via a land line. Cell phone service in my area is very spotty, so being able to call from a land line is a much more reliable way to communicate to a potential employer.

Interview Questions

• How would you define "unreasonable expectations"   2 Answers

Nov 5, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback. We are highly focused on candidate experience and our interview process. We interview so many people each week and strive for all candidates to have a positive experience... More

Associate Director, Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Juno Therapeutics (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was clear that intelligence was used to create this smooth and thoughtful process. Significant amount of communication to ensure you knew the next steps. It was your standard phone interview by the hiring manager followed by a nearly all day (8am-3pm) on-site interview. All interviews were 1:1 vs. panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake/error and the steps that you went through to resolve/rectify this?   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Juno Therapeutics (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, followed by half day in person interview w/ 5 people. It was very conversational, they are mostly looking for a good fit and allow your resume to speak for your experience. There are Juno leadership tenants that they are looking to ensure you meet.

Interview Questions

• Discuss why you went to the schools you did and how they have affected your career   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Juno Therapeutics in May 2015.

Interview

Applied for a position online. A week or two later had an HR phone screen. They use "contractor" recruiters who aren't well organized. I was passed between three of them before I had my phone screen. When I finally got to the HR phone screen, she wasn't the most professional. She took the call in a crowded coffee shop, paused me constantly to type my answers into her system, and took over 90 minutes!

Most HR screens are in my field are on the lines of 20-30 minutes mostly with behaioral types of questions. Not this one...

Had a great conversation with the Hiring Manager but despite being very qualified for the position, didn't make the threshold for a live interview since I was coming from out of town.

Interview Questions

• What was the nature of your experience? Did you provide automation as a service?   Answer Question

Nov 5, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback and we are very sorry that you had a bad experience.

We are looking into the issues, with regards to your phone screen experience. There is much to be improved upon... More