K12 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at K12

2.5

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K12 (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

Very long. Interviewed 2x in-person and it took 2 months for HR rep to call me, only to ask if I could come in one more time for an interview. Unfortunately for them, I had already moved on with another job.

Interview Questions

• Very casual interview with department head and others already doing similar jobs   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K12.

Interview

The interview was held over Zoom. I was asked about seven questions. They were typical teacher interview questions I Heard back in two weeks. It was fairly easy overall. Sometimes it was tough if you haven't taught online before to answer the question.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K12 in July 2020.

Interview

8 days after submitting my application online, I received an automated email saying I had been moved to the next stage of the process. I had a zoom interview scheduled for 3 working days later. The interview was a very good experience. I heard back 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about? Tell us about a time that you used that passion to encourage others to become excited?   Answer Question

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K12.

Interview

I was initially sent an email to see if I was still interested and if I would like them to send me a test followed by virtual interview. As I was, I replied that I would like to an hour later.

The HR corresponded responded to me a week later with the test. The 'test' was incredibly easy. All I had to do was follow a component tutorial in Figma and make an instance of it, give file access to a couple people, then send an email with answers to a couple questions.

I did that in 15-30minutes on the same day as I received the email. I had no response so I followed up 3 times in the following two week. twice with the HR correspondent and once with the official careers email. I have still not heard anything back.

TLDR; Very tardy responses, embarrassingly easy test, got ghosted

Interview Questions

• Did you experience any difficulties setting up the component? If so, what were they?

What are some benefits to using master components and instances in a design file?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K12 in June 2020.

Interview

I applied and got an email back within a week. The earlier you take the video interview the better. It’s a recorded video with 4 questions. I received an offer 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an upset customer who is calling about their child being bullied?   1 Answer

Enrollment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K12 (Denver, CO) in May 2020.

Interview

I was sent an email about 5 days after applying online. The email requested I engage in HireVue which is a digital interview website. Questions appear on the page and you respond to them. You are given time to think between questions. There were about 7 of them and not all were recorded video. You were given 2 opportunities to record yourself for each verbally answered question. I have done HireVue interviews before and I always try to look my best, speak in to the camera, and share my background to the best of my ability. I think people need to remember that when interviewing in this capacity.

About 2 days after I submitted my video I was sent another HireVue, with "Recommended for Hire" in the title. I followed the link and had the option of accepting or declining. However, no other information was given about the role, pay, or hours. About 2 days after accepting the offer, I received an email with all of the information listed. I did speak on the phone with the recruiter. She was very polite, answered my questions about the role and company, and what to expect. Even with the poor reviews, I feel accepting this position is the right choice and hope it opens the door for greater opportunities more in line with my career goals.

I gave the overall experience a "No Opinion" rating because it was such a weird way to be hired. No real human interaction until I called.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you felt successful.
      What experience do you have in sales?
      How would you deal with a difficult customer?
      Write a sample email to a customer who is concerned about a product.   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Interview

K12 created an interview process that was friendly, responsive, and provided a very clear insight into what the company offered. They keep applicants up to date on status of the application process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K12.

Interview

It was very easy, it was a digital interview which it had about eight questions, and then i received a call from head director that they were interested in hiring me, i accpeted

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K12.

Interview

It was a short video that allowed you as much time as you needed to record your response. You also had unlimited time to think of your answer. The questions were fairly basic.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses? What's your passion for education? Why are you a good fit?   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at K12 (San Antonio, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

It was a very lengthy and thorough interview. I had to do a video recording of questions and answers and then and video tape a sample lesson. I had a second interview with another k12 school and it was much easier. It was just a casual phone conversation. So I guess it really depends on the school. Every school and principal is probably a different experience.