K12 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.5

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at K12 (Little Rock, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on the website and was e-mailed a few weeks later. I interviewed via HireVue in a recorded video format. After that, they called me and set up a phone interview. I am waiting to hear back from the phone interview.

Family Academic Services Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at K12 (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The day after submitting my application online, I received an invitation to participate in a digital interview. The digital interview was easy, with as much prep time as you wanted and up to two opportunities to record a response.

A week later I was informed that I was moving on to the next round, which involved a telephone interview with two people. The telephone interview was fairly intense but they said that I felt like a good fit. I was told that I would hear something either way.

It's been two weeks and I haven't heard anything at all.

Salesforce Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at K12 (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Direct face to face ..interview process divided among 4 people in the team.
    First round of interview was done by salesforce admins..Both of them were nice and friendly.For the second round there was a senior developer and a manager.They were judging me right from the moment they entered the room.
    Extremely Rude , extremely unfriendly and arrogant.I felt they were very unprofessional and the manager kept quiet throughout the process.I felt like they were themselves not aware of questions they want to ask so the senior developer was constantly referring to her laptop..They couldn't understand the variation of the replies and kept changing /reframing the same questions and sounded quite confused.
    Total waste of my time.

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at K12 (Durham, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, next day was asked to do their prescreening video interview. They pose a question and you have two tries to record your response for three questions. The same day I submitted the video interview, I was contacted by the local hiring manager. Five days later I had an in person interview with the hiring manager who would be the position's manager and the office manager. We met for 45 minutes on a Monday and they said they would make a decision by the end of the day. The next morning I received an email that I was the top candidate and they would be submitting it through corporate for approval. This took about a week before I received an offer via phone.

Virtual Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at K12 (New York, NY).

Interview

I completed the online recorded interview with Hirevue. I received an email saying the position was filled but then received another email asking to set up a time for a phone interview. I set up a time and date for the phone call. I was emailed with a change in date and time which was fine, but no one ever called on the second agreed upon time. I emailed the person who set the interview two times with no response. This unprofessional and incompetent experience was disappointing.

Teacher, Elementary School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K12 (Olathe, KS) in November 2016.

Interview

The online video interview process was a bit uncomfortable. You have a few seconds to prepare your answers before the video starts recording. The uncomfortable part comes from the fact that you aren't getting the face-to-face feedback that you would get from an actual interview. There are also a few written response questions you must answer.

Interview Questions

• List 2-3 key instructional concepts relevant to your subject/grade level. For each concept, identify the questioning strategy, include specific questions, you would use with students.   Answer Question

Part Time Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K12 (Corpus Christi, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Received a questionnaire from Hirevue. Very easy process. Still waiting to hear of the next process. I have read where this process can take up to 4 weeks in some cases. I feel that in this process patience is a virtue. The Hirevue corp is a recruiter and once you submit your interview it is transferred to a teacher who reviews it and will contact each candidate as he/she deems necessary.

Virtual Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K12.

Interview

The interview was simple and smooth. I had to answer questions on Hirevue, which is a virtual interview program in which a question is asked and you record your answer virtually. Hirevue allows you to do practice questions before you actually record your real responses.

Student Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K12 (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online and then about a month later I received an invitation to interview via an app (HireVue). The interview was basically a virtual recording of myself answering a set of predetermined questions by K12. It's been about five weeks and I still haven't received an update.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation in which you had to handle a conflict.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at K12 in July 2016.

Interview

There is a virtual interview over a Skype like platform as well as a recorded video interview initially. The process was slightly difficult in that you needed to download an app to submit the recorded video interview of you answering questions.