KBR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2018

2.5

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

A formal process that selected internally from peers. Resume was reviewed and the interview process personable and appropriate. The interview process included a panel of 3 KBR senior level managers who each asked a series of 2 to 3 questions. The questions were more situation based as opposed to a military style tribunal.

Interview Questions

• They asked a series of questions focused on: ethics, behavioral traits, interpersonal skills, finance basics, business administration, strategy, market scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only negotiating point was salary. I was an internal employee so the process would be different than if I had applied externally.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

worked for company prior, was called and asked if interested. Once I learned of the location, I definitely was interested in returning to work for KBR, They immediately put me through my physical, and sorted out my work visa for Australia, and in a matter of weeks I was ready to mobilize to Singapore, Indonesia and Australia for thee Gorgon project.

Interview Questions

• is family ok with me working overses   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at KBR.

Interview

Sat down with hiring mgr for lunch and he interviewed me. He questioned me on my education, background, and experience. He didn't ask too may specific questions about qualifications. Really discussed the requirements of the job which I told him I was more than capable of fulfilling

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made an offer which I accepted. I didn't' try to negotiate the deal.

Pipe Fitter Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at KBR (Longview, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online then went and applied in person, while at the office an individual lightly interviewed me. 2 days later i got a call to come up there and interview again. I was then offered the job, drug tested and did paperwork all the same day.

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KBR (Longview, TX).

Interview

Interviewed by a genuine good man. Very smart and knew his business. He was fair and honest. Like I said some really good men there. Sat down after I took a drug test and talked about what I knew about the industry. Told me to bring a tape measure and a pair of channel locks the following Monday. It was there that I learned just about everything I know about pipefitting.

Interview Questions

• Experience, which I had none when I started there.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Enid, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at KBR (Enid, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

I walked in and asked ifthey was hiring. they told me to fill out a app. online. i filled the app. out using a username and password. went back the next day to find out what i have to do next. they told me to come talk to the interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Pascagoula, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KBR (Pascagoula, MS) in March 2012.

Interview

I was a returning employee who heard that a project was going on at a chevron refinery I talked with a recruiter and was scheduled for my physical and drug test. I then went through safety orientation and started work the following day

Interview Questions

• How many years experience did I have   1 Answer
    • Do you have a twic card   1 Answer
    • Do you have a current safety council card   1 Answer
    • Are you NCCER certified   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work outside your craft if asked   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short and yes I would recommend they take it

Ops Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KBR in March 2013.

Interview

By phone then visit. When accepted, followed up with phone call and offer letter. Need was immediate, so had to resign from existing job, pack necessities and travel to new job, with understanding that I would have to return to old location to clear house, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your leadership style.   1 Answer

Welder/Fabricator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KBR (Richmond, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was over the phone. I spoke with the Quality Assurance Manager about my background and welding qualifications. Within a couple hours later, I received a call to schedule a date to take my weld test.

Interview Questions

• What welding qualifications do you have?   1 Answer

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KBR (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview with a Application Support lead followed by interview with Application Support manager. Both were not very thorough and lasted about 20 - 30 minutes each. I was hired straight out of college. Drug test was required and provided on site. I don't believe they do the onsite drug testing any longer. Questions were very basic about my schooling and previous work experience.