KVH Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at KVH Co.

3.5

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KVH Co. (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

I had two interviews - one with the team, and one with HR (both interviews were in both English and Japanese)

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any surprising or unusual questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation

Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process is a classical one. three interviews. The first one by HR staff, the second one by technical staff and the last one by the CEO (or a member of the board). Japanese conversational level is necessary.

NOT Recommended Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KVH Co. (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

Interview process was normal, and went well, although I was hired to do a job that I did not actually interview for. They also refused to give me an extended contract so that they would not have to eventually hire me full time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate for as high a salary as you can get at the beginning because it won't change and it is hard to get promoted or salary bonuses. Since you will be working overtime and not getting paid for it, make sure you are getting a fair salary inclusive of overtime pay since there are no other benefits.

Pre-Sales Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KVH Co. (Tokyo (Japan)) in October 2011.

Interview

The company uses many recruiters because the company doesn't have a good name in Tokyo.
    Sometimes the company allows personal introductions if you know someone there.
    I had 5 interviews: Team manager, the team manager's line manager, the head of sales, technical interview by a team member, and HR. Be prepared for a lengthy interviews.
    If they like you they will get back to you quickly as in my case. From start to finish it took about 10 days before I got an offer.
    Once you get an offer your CV will be checked by a third party company, so make sure everything in your CV is legit.

Negotiation

I stated my current salary and then added 15% more which they accepted.

Management Development Program MDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KVH Co. (Tokyo (Japan)) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied through the school career management center in USA. Had a half hour phone interview. Few days later I was invited to come to Tokyo for a personal interview on a short notice. Once I reached there I was with few others who all came from USA for the same interview. It was a hectic one day with the company presentation followed by lunch at a Japanese restaurant and then 2 rounds of interviews at their office followed by dinner gathering.

Their decision was quick. After dinner the HR person individually gave everyone some message. I was asked to come back to their office the next day ( at my own expense) to take an apartment tour. (They arranged for some relocation guys to take us around showing apartments in Tokyo).

I took that as a positive sign - why else do I need to look at their apartments. So I (along with other candidates in the same boat as me) showed up the next day at the said time at their office only to find out that we were not given the offer. The ones who got the job were called few hours before us to have those discussions.

I failed to understand the point of us taking the apartment tour. Did the relocation guys require a certain number of people to show apartments and so we were needed? It certainly was not in good taste. I was disappointed with the way they built expectation and treated me.