KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Kabam Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 96 of over 96 interviews

Recruiter13%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Kabam

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kabam

Interview

I was tasked with writing a free Marketing and PR Plan for two new Kabam games, along with other candidates. I spent over a week writing the plans into a 45-slide PowerPoint. They 'loved' the plans and promptly hired someone else.

Interview Questions
  • Write us a Marketing and PR plan for two new games. We won't pay you.
    1 Answer

Kabam

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Kabam

Interview

Started with a initial phone call, and then got asked to create a case study and then officially present to three team members over zoom. Everyone was super friendly, although it was a bit intimidating doing a presentation as a interview.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have an example of a company that has strong brand voice that you would pull inspiration from

Kabam

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Kabam

Interview

I only made it to the recruiter screening stage for this position but I really enjoyed my conversation with the recruiter. He was very compassionate and a good communicator, one of the best recruitment experiences I've had. I wasn't quite qualified for the position in the end, but I enjoyed meeting folks at Kabam and would apply again if something came up.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Kabam

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kabam in Oct 2021

Interview

I applied online and was reached out to by the recruiter in a week. He was one of the best recruiters I've ever interacted with. He explained the job description and the whole interview process very well. He set up an interview with the hiring manager within a week. The interview with the hiring manager took 1 hour and went amazing. That was a general interview and he provided a good overview of the position and team. The final interview was 1 week after the second interview. That was a technical interview with different teams and was one of the best interview experiences that I ever had. All team members were very friendly and interview questions were completely related to the job. Overall, the whole interview process was very well developed and organized. They are very professional and friendly and really care about the interviewees.

Interview Questions
  • Resume-based questions. Behavioral questions. Technical questions related to the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kabam (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a lead position. There were in total 3 interviews after that. 1 with the hiring manager, 1 Technical with coding questions and 1 with the engg. directors. The first couple of interviews went quite well. The tech team was good and respective but then the whole process took a turn for the worse. The directors were not much interested to take the interview and were hardly any attentive in the process. It felt like they didn't care. The recruiter came back with an offer but instead of the lead position they came back with Senior dev position citing I didn't have management experience. If that was the case that could have been evident from the start. It would have saved my time at least if they were not ready to hire. The recruiter also gave generic growth map answer we will make you lead etc in the coming months as we don't want to upset the current hierarchy. If the hierarchy and the current structure was so delicate they shouldn't have approached me at all. Also, they lowballed the offer so much that it was disrecpecting. Though to keep in mind the discussion about payscale was discussed right at the start. They just wanted the candidate to compromise on everything and join them. This shows they have little to no regard for the candidates or their growth or their concerns. This doesn't paint a good picture for the company. Any one who is interviewing there I would call for caution as it seems they have a tendency to flip flop and undermine the candidates. The disregard and disrespect for the candidates looks quite high

Interview Questions
  • Excel columntoTitle, Lucky wheel (a seed and weights are given find the random lootbox depending on the probability). JS debugging question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kabam (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2021

Interview

at first, confirm a date, then HR sent u 2 separate interviews which are: 45 min of the behavioral questions, 45 min of technical questions. During the interview, they give you a brief introduction of the company then start asking about your background and questions.

Interview Questions
  • For the technical part, they provided me with a dictionary list of strings and integers, then they gave me a random integer and want me to output the string name. It's like a lucky wheel.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kabam (Vancouver, BC)

Interview

HR screening > interview with the hiring manager > case study > presenting case study to the team It was probably the worst interview experience I've ever had. The hiring manager gave me false hope by bluntly saying things like "You will be a great fit" "you are perfect for this role" "I'm not worried about onboarding you at all" "you will love the office" during the interview. They require you to do a case study and for me there was only positive feedback after presenting the "case study". They ended up rejecting me for some BS generic reason through HR, no feedback when asked. They also asked me to send in the case study pdf for "documentation" purposes. Looking back, perhaps the interview was a tactic to get new ideas for free. What a waste of time and energy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Kabam (Vancouver, BC) in Nov 2020

Interview

Relaxed, one on one zoom interview for a 30 minute period. Questions regarding my past related experience to project management. We discussed two project management roles that were available there at the time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kabam (Vancouver, BC) in Feb 2020

Interview

Everybody was super nice. One of the interviewers was on the team I was interviewing for. They asked some fairly basic OOP questions which I couldn't answer (lol) then asked 2 fairly easy whiteboard questions which I did pretty well on.

Interview Questions
  • The first one was a palindrome checker, which was basically just a fizz buzz. The next one was super specific to Kabam and I wont go into the details to maintain anonymity but it was about leetcode easy which should be solvable with basic data structure knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kabam (Vancouver, BC)

Interview

Overall great! Took atleast 3 weeks. Van made everything so coordinated and straight forward. I had choppy internet connection, that made talking over white boarding and coding question a bit difficult. They asked brain teaser which I don’t think had any relevance with the job, I would have went with lot more mathematical approach but I didn’t know the secret trick to solving the problem - oh well!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 96 Interviews

Kabam Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at Kabam according to 83 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 26.98%