Kabam Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.9

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kabam (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Straight forward process. Phone screen, reference request, then in-person interview with 4 members of the company. 3 of the 4 interviews were only behavioral questions and the last was technical.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kabam (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview started with 2 phone screen which has lasted about 30 minutes each.The whole application to interview took about 2 and half months. Overall experience was okay. However, horror started afterward.

I wanted to start by saying "Be aware". They do not protect your privacy.
    If interviewer knows someone at your current work, they will let them know for their own joy.
    They will jeopardize your career without really thinking about it.

One of interviewer immediately brought up her relative's name at my current job as we started to talk. She told me not to worry as she will not tell anyone that I was at Kabam for an interview. All interviews done.
    Couple weeks later, my co-worker asks me that if I got a job at Kabam telling me that he heard it from this interviewer's relative that I was at Kabam for an interview.
    Felt betrayed, violated. Where is the code of conduct in this business?
    I've sent an email to COO letting her know how unprofessional it is for that interviewer to release my information to people in my current job.

Be very careful. You never know who you know may know someone that is interviewing you and may jeopardize your career.

Interview Questions

Kabam Response

Oct 6, 2016 – Head of Talent Acquisition

First, thank you so much for the time you spent with us interviewing for the Senior Project Manager position. I want to apologize for the negative experience you had post-interview process ... More

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kabam (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process took 1 month. Talked to Hiring Manager then was asked to come for an onsite where I talked to 5 different people. They all asked the same questions, for the most part. They wanted to know what I felt I could bring to the game I was going to work on. They wanted to know what social media tools I enjoyed most and how I would utilize them for the product.

Interview Questions

• What is your process of how to handle a difficult player?   Answer Question

Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kabam (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website and I was asked to come in to talk to some team members a week later.

The interview was a very casual conversation about my portfolio, my experience and workflow.
    We sat in a conference room and talked about the goals of the project and their expectations.

Interview Questions

• What is your work process? Do you play video games?   1 Answer

3D Game Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kabam in February 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview and was schedualed for another one in person at the company a week later. Got an email a few days later saying they went with someone else that closer matched the company's art style. Although I didnt get a chance at the second interview, I thought the phone interview went pretty well and the questions were normal and related to my expectation of the company and why I want to work there.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work at Kabam?
      - What's your favorite artist?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kabam (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online for a software engineering internship position. I did not hear back until 1-2 months later asking for a phone interview, but a few days later they changed their mind and wanted to bring me in for an onsite. The onsite interview was great, met w/ 3 employees w/ different positions for 30 mins each, learned a lot about what they do and what i will get to do, lots of behavioral, experience questions and only a few high level technicals (do you know X framework? do you know what Y means? etc.) Only declined because I was given an offer out of state and wanted to travel

Interview Questions

• Do you know what DOM is? Do you have experience with frontend/backend/fullstack? Go through resume   Answer Question

Kabam Response

Mar 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Sorry for the delay in providing you with an update on your application status. While we are sad to you will not be joining us, we wish you the best and hope you have awesome adventures in your new ... More

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Kabam (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

After applying online I heard back in a couple of weeks and did a online recorded interview. From there it went into a in person interview on site where I met all the design leads

Interview Questions

• I was given a small encounter and asked to break it down form mechanics to gameplay from a design perspective.   1 Answer

Platform Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kabam (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very cool!! The interviewees are really friendly. Interview was about 1.5 hrs. 15min was HR round and remaining time was for technical round.Questions in HR round were like, tell me about the company, eligibility (very basic questions). During the technical interview, they asked questions from the resume, about my projects, skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. I was given a table which includes few ids and values( they are the probability of generating each ids). Write a code to generate random ids .   Answer Question
    • 2. Basic question like to print values according to divisibility.   Answer Question

Live Ops Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kabam (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview started with an introduction, a breakdown of the company and what the company is looking for, was given a chance to present myself, followed by a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• What is your level of understanding of what Live Ops is?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kabam.

Interview

They gave an online coding test link. The questions are not hard. The time length is 70 minutes. eight questions in total. Including multi choice and subjective questions. Three coding problems. Not hard at all.