Kelley Blue Book Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kelley Blue Book Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.9

Front End Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelley Blue Book.

Interview

There were 2 phones call interview from HR and Hiring Manager. There are really nice.
    And the last interview with team members at company. The interview included self-introduction and white-board interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kelley Blue Book (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It happened on 2:00 Monday, I waited on the front desk for 10 mins, the interviewer( Marv Chan) leaded me to their office , there were 2 rooms occupied by their employees discussed problems on white board at the meeting room. And I got one room latter, it was a group interview , Marv Chan and other girls took interview of me.

Interview Questions

• 1. talk about yourself for warm up.
      2. what is the lastest version of Angualr.js?
      3. do you know the cross domain, JsonP
      4. how the improved the profermance of web site?
      5. if I got one long time loading of website how can you detect which file is wasting time?
      6. please write the code on the board by using Bootstrap to design 3 columns with navgation bar
      7. what are new elements in HTML5?
      Answer Question

Market Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kelley Blue Book (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied for a designated position a month ago, and received an email with a request to do a phone interview. The interview will be 30-minute talk over the phone, which will be updated once done.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kelley Blue Book (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter who works for AutoTrader (KBB's parent company). He ask to setup a time to speak with him. I responded and gave him my availability. I never heard back from him. 2 months later, I'm contacted for the same position by a different recruiter asking me the same thing. I responded to him and let him know I was already contacted and never heard back. After speaking to the 2nd recruiter, I did a phone interview with hiring manager. I was contacted a few weeks later and asked to come in for an in-person interview. I was told that this that would be the final round interview. I came in for 90 minutes and meet with 6 people (panel interview). After that I was contacted 2 days later and asked to go back in for another interview to meet with a director. Really? It would of been nice to meet everyone in a single day especially since I was only there for 90 minutes, why ask someone to come back again just for 30 minutes. I asked if I could talk to the director by phone or skype and the recruiter said I must interview with him in person. After going in for the 2nd in person interview, I followed up with the recruiter and he sent a gernic email saying they are moving on with other candidates. I contacted the recruiter and asked if he had any specific feedback as to why I was not selected. All the interviews went very well so I was surprised that I didn't get an offer and not getting any feedback was also surprising. For someone who took days away from their schedule to interview, the least they could do is give that person some feedback. The recruiter ignored me.

KBB does not value people's time as they make them come in multiple times just to meet a few people for interviews. The HR there does not seem to have their act together. I should of not even bothered interviewing at all after I was ignored and then contacted by another recruiter 2 months later for the same role. That right there is a red flag.

Don't waste your time interviewing with KBB, it'll likely be a waste of your time. Moving on...

Interview Questions

• All describe a situation when... type questions. nothing very meaningful or technical at all   Answer Question

Senior Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kelley Blue Book (Irvine, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn website. I was contacted by HR within the hour, for an HR phone screening. Manager interview the next week. Director interview the week after.

Manager was very professional and exited about the company's future. Included lots of insight into responsibilities of the position and a good work/life balance.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kelley Blue Book (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very smooth, professional and helpful.

I was contacted shortly after applying for the job. A phone screening was set up. The HR (recruitment) person asked relevant intelligent questions pertaining to experience required for the job, which she described in adequate detail.

Shortly after that a phone interview was set up with the hiring manager. He gave a good description of the role and some insights to the culture, asked good questions about my experience to ascertain suitability to the role.

Shortly after that interview, the HR person contacted me to set up a face to face with the same hiring manager. This interview took place soon afterwards. This entailed a deeper description of the role and many 'what if' questions - what would you do in this situation? etc to determine whether I really had the experience I claimed.

Shortly after that I was contacted to meet with 3 others to get a sense of different areas of the company and culture.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any of the questions particularly difficult or surprising. They were clearly intended to ascertain whether or not I could do the job effectively and to understand how I work with other people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had already been told the max that I could be offered and there was no room for negotiotion.

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kelley Blue Book (Irvine, CA).

Interview

(1st) Phone interview, then (2nd) onsite interview with subject matter experts and hiring manager. Written SQL test. In some cases, (third) an interview would be scheduled with a manager from a department that the individual would be matrixed to, if this applies to the position. (4th) The last interview will be with the Vice President or Director of the group, depending on their availability.

Interview Questions

• There will be several behavioral questions about work situations at current or past jobs.   Answer Question

Senior Market Intelligence Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kelley Blue Book (Irvine, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The Recruiter was very pleasant and very professional but that is because she is located in a other state; separate office. I was set up in two panel interviews (with 5 in each) and allowed 30 minutes each session at Headquarters.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to take an online quiz that was not applicable to the position posted. In addition, the questions that were directed to me during these two interviews were very unprofessional as they were asking me questions about key terms and not focusing on my background. Obviously my experience is much higher than a Specialist so I was more concerned about how they conducted the interview and if this is how the company operated. After that experience I did not want to be employed there, from what I understand they have a very disconnected environment since AutoTrader took over.   Answer Question

Software QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelley Blue Book (Irvine, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Called for a face to face interview. Interviewed by 3 people. All the questions were general testing questions about the past experience and how to manage the work and questions related scrum methodologies.

Analyst, Vehicle Valuation Interview

Application

Interview

I was first prompt via email with an interview appointment at their Irvine location. The initial interview took a liI was first prompt via email with an interview appointment at their Irvine location. The initial interview took a little longer than expected, as I met with 4 different people. The interview was very straight forward, your typical behavioral questions. One of the employees that I met with was very dry and you could tell he did not want to be there (I mean doing the interview). However, the other three were very friendly and accommodating. I was also asked twice by different people if I had been referred by someone in the office, which made me uncomfortable. (In their words: “are you friend with…? Just asking because he said he was going to have his friend apply”). Towards the end of the interview I asked about the procedure to follow after the interview and was told to wait 3 week as they had received many applications. I waited 4 weeks and did not receive any updates. I emailed the HR person that first contacted me and one of the interviewers. However, I never received an update. ttle longer that expected, as I met with 4 different people. The interview was very straight forward, your typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a variety of market specific questions, like what are the determinants of a used cars price? and what variables affect the demand for used vehicles?   Answer Question