Kemp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kemp

2.9

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kemp (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job on glassdoor. First Step was an online interview where I had to record my responses and send them for review. Next was the phone interview and third was an in person interview at their site. Also after I was hired a background screening was performed.

Interview Questions

• Since the position was networking related, so most of the questions were on networking concepts and know how. Many questions were asked on troubleshooting, security and routing and switching protocols. Questions such as what is DNS, what is the three way handshake, what does a router do etc were asked.   Answer Question

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kemp (Melville, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview with recruiter, then phone interview, then in-person interview. Each reviewed my technical knowledge and how I would fit into the company culture. Overall a generally easy and simple process with steps and progress laid out clearly for me the entire way.

Interview Questions

• What are some common HTTP status codes?   1 Answer

Inside Territory Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kemp (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Had initial phone interviews with HR, then the hiring manager. Scheduled and met face to face with both managers in person twice to explain my background, as well as learn about the company, product and goals.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kemp (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

After initial outreach from the recruiter, there folllowed a telephone interview and subsequent face-to-face meeting with the hiring manager, then a paid visit to corporate HQ to meet with the executive team.
    I also met with peers in Ireland and Germany over skype to find out more about the role and their experiences with the company. The recruiter was very active throughout the entire process and was very helpful in providing guidance when I received a competing offer.

Interview Questions

• Do I have the ability to articulate the vision of the company? (probably the most critical question from the CMO)   1 Answer

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Kemp (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process was great. It took awhile to get to the final stages but it was definitely worth it. When I met everyone in the office, I felt like a rockstar. I am so excited to be working for this company!

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really difficult or unexpected. I did most of the talking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the salary was acceptable

Marketing Communications Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kemp (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Best interview process I've ever experienced. I never felt like my time was being wasted and I knew they were genuinely interested. A couple of phone screens and one in-person interview was all it took. Great communication all around. Great overall company culture. Very laid back and friendly.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really have a difficult or unexpected question. I did my research and was prepared for the interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kemp in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job and quickly got an email from hr to arrange a call with them before any technical interviews. I did the call with a junior hr person who was very nice on the phone and just asked some general screening questions. Two weeks later I still had not heard anything back from them so I sent a follow up email asking for an update and received no response. Another 2 weeks later I again sent a mail asking for some update but received no response.

A few months have gone by at this stage and the job is still being advertised and I am still being contacted by recruiters asking me to apply for the role but have received no feedback from the company.

This seems like it is a good company to work for and I was excited about interviewing here but this type of treatment of a potential colleague has soured the whole experience. Needless to say it is unlikely that I will be contacted about a follow up interview at this stage but if I am then I will not be interested.

Interview Questions

• Describe a software project you worked on and your role in the process.   1 Answer

Kemp Response

Apr 13, 2018 – Director of People Operations

I'm very sorry to hear about your negative experience. We try to get back to every candidate who applies but we may have had an influx of candidates this time and this could have just accidentally... More

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kemp (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in March 2018.

Interview

Good preparation by the personnel consultant, afterwards telephone and personal interview, friendly and without much effort. Fast handling and onboarding. The employees who talked to me were nice and answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

• What has been their greatest success in the last five years?   1 Answer

Presales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kemp (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Several Stage interviews - 2 Phone and 2 face to face.
    the first was with the HR manager just getting a feel for what I wanted in a role. the 2nd was with a presales engineer themselves.
    the face to face was first with the presales engineer (same as the tel) with the regional manager - asking about what i did and how my role would fit.
    the second face to face was with the regional manager and the emea sales director - this was tougher as it was direct questioning and very inward looking questions.

none of them asked for feedback from the others - they wanted to form their own opinions, which i think is very good and i would do that if i was in their position.

feedback was very quick and all positive.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle stress and high workloads?   1 Answer

Junior QA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kemp.

Interview

It was a really friendly interview and not at all difficult. Included a lot of questions about me and my cv and experiences and also some technical questions about my profession

Interview Questions

• What is the problem with this code   1 Answer