Keyence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.2

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Was reached out by a recruiter:

- personality test
    - took and passed Bennet test
    - completed a "hireview" interview
    - flew out to Chicago for a round of interviews and product sales role plays

- had a video conference call interview
    - one last phone interview with direct manager

Interview Questions

• Why Keyence/Sales?
      Do you have a background in Tech or Engineering?
      Why the location?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Sell me this pen   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable, they start you at a base salary based on where you will be working (cost of living).

Technical Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keyence.

Interview

First there was a Mechanical Aptitude test, a seven question Hirevu followed by a personality exam. After there is a final in person interview. I first applied through a recruiter but most of the process was done within the company itself

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keyence (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

A phone screening, HireVue, Caliper assessment, and a physics test. Prepare for HireVue, the rest of the interview process was not really challenging. The Caliper assessment test takes approximately 70 minutes, so make sure you are prepared for that.

Technical Sales Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keyence.

Interview

Started with a recruiter picking up my resume. Applied and then had to take a mechanical aptitude test. I took some online to practice but the one they had me take was easier than most I found online. Then was the prerecorded interview. Most of the questions were consistent with other that have been posted on this page. Just be prepared and have some confidence and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Keyence.

Interview

The first step was a rudimentary physics mechanics test. If you make it past this step, you go on to a HireVue interview. There are prerecorded questions and you have an allotted time to respond. After that, there is a personality test followed by an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you think are important for a technical sales rep?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

The process of getting through all the steps for this job can be long and strenuous, but definitely some great experience. Starts off with a physics aptitude test which is a 55 question test that you have to complete in 25 mins. If you pass this round you will move on to the pre-recorded HireVue interview where you have to answer 6 behaviorial questions, and the Caliper test which is a long 2 hour personality assessment. They show you the question and you have 30 seconds to think of an answer. You have up to 3 minutes to say the entirety of your answer. The Caliper asks you different scenarios and how you would rate each one based on your own personality. This is just to get an idea of what kind of person you are and to see if your personality would work well in a sales position. Both the prerecorded interview and Caliper are sent to hiring managers and if they like the results from both you get invited out to Chicago for the final round interview career day. Keyence receives thousands of applicants so if you make it this far you should be proud of yourself. At this stage you meet other candidates that got invited and learn about Keyence and all the different products they sell. Hiring managers all across the country will be there, and they evaluate you based on a 5 minute presentation of one of their products, a sales role playing scenario, and an the actual interview which can have 3-4 managers in the room at once.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      After you leave today, what is something you want us to remember you by?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview with Hirevue. Slightly awkward because you're talking to a screen. 7 questions 3 minutes each. You get to take 3 practice questions which really help before taking the actual interview. Right out your answers it makes answering them much easier.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

It was long and difficult. Had to do 2 phone interviews, followed by a physics test, then a video interview, followed by personality exam and then they flew me into the headquarters in Chicago for the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to sell them either white out fluid or white out tape and you are to assume whatever you are trying to sell them, they are already using the other; so you have to get them to switch.   1 Answer

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Keyence in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 4 parts
    -General Physics questionnaire (easy)
    -Online video interview with 6 or 7 sections where you respond to prompts with 1 minute to prepare before each question answering section begins
    -Personality test

Then if you get past all of those they send your info out for review by hiring managers and within a week they'll let you know if they want you to continue with the last portion of the interview. They would bring you in and you have a whole day of interviews and team building activities.

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Keyence in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was done through HireVue, and it was my first time doing something like that. It did not seem personal as much as they try to be personal with me.

Interview Questions

• Common questions for an interview: Tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.   Answer Question