Keyence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

3.2

Texhnical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Franklin, TN).

Interview

This is a very time consuming and tedious interview process. It starts with a Bennett test to test your basic understanding of physics, followed by a very awkward online recorded interview, followed by a very lengthy personality test. The recruiter was very helpful with each step and helping me prepare.

Interview Questions

• Why you chose the locations? What aspects about work motivate you? What aspects demotivate you? Why sales? Why Keyence?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Interview

First was the Bennetts test and then I got asked to do a skype interview. The test was basically just simple physics questions. The video interview was weird because you had to record yourself and you only got one attempt.

Interview Questions

• What was an uncomfortable situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

-Start with a recruiter who will look through your resume, do a brief over the phone interview, and then refer you to apply through the company website. After that the steps are as follows:
    1) Caliper mechanical aptitude test
    2) Recorded video interview (through hirevue software)
    3) IQ and Personality test.
    These three steps are to weed out the people who don't seem like they would be a good fit for the job from the start. Keyence gets a ton of applicants. If you have passable scores on all these and your locations are still open, you will be invited to a career day in atlanta or chicago.

The career day: this is a great experience. You will interview with managers from across the country. Give a sales presentation on a keyence product, Do a sales role play, and get to know a ton about keyence products. This is something like the last 1% of candidates at this point, and there is still far from a guarantee of a job.

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Keyence in May 2017.

Interview

First you apply, then you take a mechanical aptitude test. The test is very hard if you haven't done physics since High School. I recommend really studying hard for it. I did not make it to the next phase which is a recorded video interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked several questions related to directional gears.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Same as everyone else has said, so i'll just skip to the final interview.
    They call it "Career Day" at their headquarters in Chicago. They'll fly you up the night before, pay for your hotel, car ride, etc. It's all very impressive. Career day is from 7am to 2pm at the very latest. It's intense. You do a group scenario discussion, 2 types of sales presentations which you MUST prepare for, and a final interview. I killed it all, and received a phone call a few days later saying I would need to travel way more than what I expected. Every state is different, so don't think outside sales is only an hour away. Living out of a suitcase Mon-Thurs for 3 weeks out of the month did not sound fun to me.

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Keyence.

Interview

Went through a hiring agency. After initial call did a Bennett test. If you pass that they email you and set up a video interview with pre recorded questions. They contact you if you like you and set up a in person interview with the manager.

Technician Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keyence.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter for the technical sales representative position who was very helpful throughout the process. First, you take an aptitude test which is very basic. Soon after, you will complete a prerecorded interview using Hire View and you will complete a personality test which can be quite lengthy. Meeting with an actual person is the last step throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Keyence.

Interview

Pretty lengthy but not hard. Was contacted by a third party recruiter who actually helps you along the whole application process. There are two tests, one mechanical understanding and then a personality test. You have to record an interview and then there is an in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Keyence (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process is exactly as described in previous comments. Pretty easy.

After going through the Bennett, video interview, and Caliper process I got an email saying they didn't have openings for my location preference.

Frustrating that my time was wasted after being asked location preferences MULTIPLE times during the initial stages of the interview process. It is more than likely you will get to the stage where they send your info to the "hiring managers", but don't expect much after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position online and was contacted by an outside recruiter a several weeks later. The company was searching for recent graduates that are able to start in that upcoming May/June. The recruiter set up an initial call to explain a bit more about the company as well as the position I had applied for. She asked several basic interview questions such as, why I wanted that position, what I look for in a company, why I am interested in a technology based company, etc. From there you have to apply to the company itself. If your resume is accepted you have to complete a 55 question exam in 25 minutes on basic conceptual physics.

Interview Questions

• You are asked 55 questions in 25 minutes on conceptual physics, If your score is high enough you will be contacted to take a personal assessment test and an online computer ran interview. Meaning that the questions are asked via a recorded simulation and then record your answer to play back to managers later. If you move through the process from there you have a third in person interview.   Answer Question