Keyence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Keyence (Jackson, MS) in July 2019.

Interview

Phone interview went great ! Very informative about pay and benefits during the interview process. Not like several other companies who shy away from bringing up pay in first interview. They pride themselves on being number one in their field.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Very Lengthy. Several rounds of phone, skype, test taking. Final round is in-person interview at the Chicago location. They have you review and present one of their products and then have a sales role play interview after. There are at least three managers in the room during.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy which included several rounds. Phone screening, Skype Interview with automated questions, and personality tests. This is where my interview process ended. The Skype interview was uncomfortable because you were talking into a blank screen.

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Itasca, IL).

Interview

The process was 45 days long from when I applied for the position to when I received the rejection email. I was contacted by a recruiter two days after I applied. They were great and extremely helpful. Their involvement in the process was awesome and helped build confidence. That said, if it was not for the pay ($45,320 starting; $55,000 over a year), I would not have been too interested in the job. From the sounds of it, it is a cross between data entry and taking phone calls. You're expected to work over 40 hours a week. To me, that was fine.

It starts with a personality quiz, followed by an online video interview, followed by the first interview, and, in my case, a second interview. With the recruiters help, the personality quiz, the online video interview, and the first in-person interview went smoothly. The first in person interview went smoothly, but the two people interviewing me (one present, one on a video call) were very kind, easy to talk to, and we had some laughs.

The second interview, with individuals higher up in Keyence, was much harder. The interviewers (again, one present, one video call) were much more stoic and seemed disinterested. They were both on their laptops and one had a meeting directly after, so they seemed much less interested. In addition, while the recruiter had much more insight on the previous interview questions, I felt a bit blindsided by the questions in the second interview.

Despite not getting the position, I do not feel bitter about the interviews or the process in general. However, I do have one complaint. The process is long. In addition to the above process, there were numerous calls with the recruiters.

After I applied for the job, I was contacted two days later by the recruiter. I took the personality quiz the next day. I took the video interview four days after that. After the video interview, it was 22 days until my in-person interview (a Thursday). I was told by the next Tuesday, I would know the next stage of the process. After hearing nothing, I reached out the next Wednesday about the next stage of the process. I was inform later that day I would have my next interview the next Monday. After the second interview I was told I would know about the next stage/job offer on Tuesday (the next day). I reached out the following Thursday, having heard nothing the entire week about the next stage. I received, in an email, the following Friday that they decided to offer someone else the position.

From the day I applied for the position to the rejection email was 45 days. If you're interested in the position, not only should you be prepared to not get the position, but be prepared to wait to find out.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Paterson, NJ) in June 2018.

Interview

Was referred to this position by a recruiter. The recruiting team contacted a few days after my application was submitted. The whole process took about two weeks.

Steps:

-Personality Assessment
    -Caliper Test
    -HireView Interview

This is as far as I went.

Read up on the interview questions for the Hireview for preparation and use the Practice question if you're not familiar with this method. Some questions have a time limit for preparation (1min) other questions you can use as long as you need.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge challenge you were faced with and explain how you overcame it.   Answer Question

National Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Keyence (Pleasant Hill, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that coached me through the process. The day I was sent the interview instructions (HireVue video where you answer questions while watching yourself and Caliper which was about 140 personality questions with some IQ stuff thrown in) I had to also prep by researching the company as well as spend an hour on the phone with the recruiter. They contract with just about every recruiter in the area to scout out EVERYONE. The whole process took about a week and four solid hours of time on the interview day. All I got in response was a cold, cookie cutter denial email without explanation. They clearly do not value people if they are making you do all the work before they even bother to bring you in and get a feel for you themselves.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to change your attitude or approach to a situation as well as the outcome (30 second video prep time).   Answer Question

National Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process started with a recruiter reaching out to me and doing a basic phone interview. Then was an online application and a basic assessment test. After that, an online interview through hireview. Again, all pretty basic questions, but was different because there was no one else on the other end. Lastly, I flew out to their US headquarters in Chicago. Very laid back interview that lasted about an hour that covered the basics of the position and the corporate structure at Keyence. Unfortunatey I was not offered the position, but I would recommend them to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you gave an excellent customer service experience.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keyence (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

A phone screening, HireVue, Caliper assessment, and a physics test. Prepare for HireVue, the rest of the interview process was not really challenging. The Caliper assessment test takes approximately 70 minutes, so make sure you are prepared for that.

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (San Diego, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

There were two interviews set up: one phone interview with an HR manager, and one in-person interview with the sales engineer you will be working with. Both interviews were behavioral. Its a plus if you have sales experience.

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence in May 2019.

Interview

I applied the position online. A human resources company hit me back behalf of the Keyence to assist me. And then, I took a basic high school mechanical test. After I passed that test, I made a self record video interview.

Interview Questions

Keyence Response

Jun 3, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Business Partner

Thank you for the interview feedback. Could you please let us know what position you applied for? Reason being, we are in factory automation and do not sell medical devices.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter from Keyence at my college career fair that encouraged me to apply. I put in my application online and a recruiter reached out to me shortly after to do a basic test and self conducted interview. After some communication with the recruiter about location preferences, I got invited to Chicago to interview the company.