Keysight Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2018

3.1

R&D Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

2 step process, one Skype ( coding) and one on-site. Skype interview was alright, basic coding stuff to see if you know how to code. On-site interview consisted of 30 minute presentation and 5 different interviews. Interviews were brutal. They expect you to basically know everything. One behavioral and 4 technical. The 4 technical interviews consisted of the following: going through schematic and data sheets, fixing a code, and 2 op amps heavy interview. Each interview get a bit condensing because I wouldn’t get the answer correct and I can tell the disappointment. Really glad I didn’t get an offer though. As I was on site, I got a really bad vibe of the entire place. I felt like Keysight is an older company where you go after having experience, it isn’t for a fresh grad( as I am). Overall, the technical interviews were tough and if you aren’t really smart, it will feel as they are looking down on you.

HR contacted me days later for reimbursement fees and 2 months later, no reimbursement and HR’s email doesn’t exist anymore.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2018.

Interview

Long five hour interview 95% behavioral for entry level. 5% Technical based on engineering. Started with a phone screen with a final interview a week later. Very helpful and quick compared to some companies who take MONTHS to get back to candidates.

Interview Questions

• Look at this engineering drawing. How would you create cost savings?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The entire process took about two weeks. It began with two phone screens and then an onsite that lasted a couple hours. Questions were both behavioral and technical. All interviewers were both quick to respond and informative in there answers.

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (State College, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Got interview from campus recruiters during college career fair. After three weeks, in person, on campus technical interview. Follow up phone conversation about available positions. Follow up phone interview with personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Graph an underdamped, critically damped, and overdamped response.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (State College, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was asked through my resume. Then a list of technical questions ranging from voltage dividers to nodal analysis to designing a full bridge rectifier. Then they asked me what I wanted to do to be a part of this company, and they kind of guided me into positions that I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Design a full bridge rectifier   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Santa Rosa, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online via their career page. Took ~ 2 months to hear back. Then had a single phone screening with HR/recruiting. Then about a week later had another phone interview. Then about 2 weeks later I had a technical phone screening. After that, I was invited to an all-day onsight interview. I had to do a 45-minute presentation and several one-on-one interviews. Riddles, behavioral, 2 technical. Everyone was very friendly and nice. The campus is HUGEEEE

Interview Questions

• Tricky riddles. How do you handle conflict? How was this part made? Show me what the dominant mode of heat transfer is on this part.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

Phone screen in person interview and follow up phone screen. Phone screen was talk a bit about the company and some question about my background. In Person I interview with a number of different people. Some puzzle and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you eat an elephant?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies.

Interview

Was contacted by hiring manager after University Career Fair. First had to set up initial phone screen with hiring manager to discuss the position and learn more about the company. Afterwards set up technical phone interview. Both people I spoke with were very friendly and really nice individuals. They reflected the company culture really well and definitely made me what to become a part of the team.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Santa Rosa, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Cielo Talent acts as the recruiting agent for Keysight Technologies. Speaking as a candidate previous employed by other high tech companies, Cielo's communication and follow up was dreadful.

In regards to Keysight, the interview process included 3 phone and 2 on site interviews. At the conclusion of each interview, I was left in the dark about what the next steps were. Adding to my frustration was how slow Keysight's interview process was. My 5 interviews took literally 2 months to complete. Point being, I invested a lot of time and energy in this endeavor.

As of this writing it has been a month since I last heard from Cielo Talent. Apparently the professional courtesy of final communication or status update regarding the position will never be sent.

If this mode of recruiting talent is typical of Keysight, I am a happy I was not hired to work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict on a team project.   1 Answer

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The interview process is is what you would expect from most companies. There was a 30-40 minute phone interview. After this, there is an on-site interview which is around 3 hours long. For me, I was in a conference room, and every 30 minutes someone new would come in and ask me different technical questions. All technical questions in person and a few personal questions over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between and abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between overloading and overwriting methods?   Answer Question