Keysight Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Keysight Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (State College, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Got interview from campus recruiters during college career fair. After three weeks, in person, on campus technical interview. Follow up phone conversation about available positions. Follow up phone interview with personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Graph an underdamped, critically damped, and overdamped response.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (State College, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was asked through my resume. Then a list of technical questions ranging from voltage dividers to nodal analysis to designing a full bridge rectifier. Then they asked me what I wanted to do to be a part of this company, and they kind of guided me into positions that I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Design a full bridge rectifier   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Santa Rosa, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online via their career page. Took ~ 2 months to hear back. Then had a single phone screening with HR/recruiting. Then about a week later had another phone interview. Then about 2 weeks later I had a technical phone screening. After that, I was invited to an all-day onsight interview. I had to do a 45-minute presentation and several one-on-one interviews. Riddles, behavioral, 2 technical. Everyone was very friendly and nice. The campus is HUGEEEE

Interview Questions

• Tricky riddles. How do you handle conflict? How was this part made? Show me what the dominant mode of heat transfer is on this part.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

Phone screen in person interview and follow up phone screen. Phone screen was talk a bit about the company and some question about my background. In Person I interview with a number of different people. Some puzzle and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you eat an elephant?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies.

Interview

Was contacted by hiring manager after University Career Fair. First had to set up initial phone screen with hiring manager to discuss the position and learn more about the company. Afterwards set up technical phone interview. Both people I spoke with were very friendly and really nice individuals. They reflected the company culture really well and definitely made me what to become a part of the team.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Santa Rosa, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Cielo Talent acts as the recruiting agent for Keysight Technologies. Speaking as a candidate previous employed by other high tech companies, Cielo's communication and follow up was dreadful.

In regards to Keysight, the interview process included 3 phone and 2 on site interviews. At the conclusion of each interview, I was left in the dark about what the next steps were. Adding to my frustration was how slow Keysight's interview process was. My 5 interviews took literally 2 months to complete. Point being, I invested a lot of time and energy in this endeavor.

As of this writing it has been a month since I last heard from Cielo Talent. Apparently the professional courtesy of final communication or status update regarding the position will never be sent.

If this mode of recruiting talent is typical of Keysight, I am a happy I was not hired to work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict on a team project.   1 Answer

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The interview process is is what you would expect from most companies. There was a 30-40 minute phone interview. After this, there is an on-site interview which is around 3 hours long. For me, I was in a conference room, and every 30 minutes someone new would come in and ask me different technical questions. All technical questions in person and a few personal questions over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between and abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between overloading and overwriting methods?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process took 5 weeks from HR contact. I was invited to onsite interview in San Diego,California. The interview started with a ppt presentation about myself and long term career plan. The questions were mainly behavioral rather than technical.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies.

Interview

I had applied for several positions. A recruiter contacted me and said I was a great fit for one of them, asked me to fill out a questionnaire, and was even more interested after that. We spoke a few times over the phone and through email and then I finally did the phone interview with the hiring manager. She was an hour late calling me, her tone was that of she was being bothered, then when she learned I was a medically retired veteran the interview pretty much ended after that. I filled out the voluntary disclosure form when applying, so there was no need to lie. I sent a thank you email to both the hiring manager and the recruiter (who had previously been responding to my emails within an hour) and never received a reply back from either of them.

Interview Questions

• What was the reason for you leaving your last place of employment.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview that asked about my projects. Received an e-mail that I will have an on-campus interview. On campus interview went well. Asked about CMOS, Op Amps, Low Pass Filter Active/Non-Active, some hardware coding logic. Received an e-mail to have an interview at the site in San Jose. Arrived and had 5 different interviewers, 2 were really easy and asked about my interests and projects. The first two asked about SPI and D flip flops. Also asked about non-inverting op-amps. Last interviewer went over a schematic and walked through each component and asked me to analyze what is going on.