Keysight Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Keysight Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2018

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Everett, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by an HR representative about one week later where we went over my skills and the requirements for the job.

Later scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. We went over my resume in further detail with questions relating my technical experience with their needs.

Scheduled on-site interview for two weeks after the previous conversation. Process lasted about 6.5 hours with a company paid lunch. Initially met with the hiring manager where we toured the facility and talked about the company. Was then handed off to four engineers, two before lunch and two after. Went over resume details with each interviewer and was presented a small technical question. The lunch was off-site with three other engineers and served as a personality check. Discussion during lunch was mostly technical in nature, but low pressure with no drilling questions or challenges.

Overall, the interview was a good experience. Many of the engineers were very knowledgeable and a pleasure to talk to. Be prepared to be questioned deeply about anything on your resume. Unfortunately, I was coming off an illness and had other offers available so admittedly I did not bring my A-game to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to use an oscilloscope and probes to find the location of an audible leak in a pipe.   Answer Question
    • Standard fizzbuzz exercise in language of your choice.   1 Answer
    • Walk through this code and describe how you could test and improve it.   Answer Question
    • On paper, create a linked list in C or C++.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

Phone screen in person interview and follow up phone screen. Phone screen was talk a bit about the company and some question about my background. In Person I interview with a number of different people. Some puzzle and technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies in October 2016.

Interview

Two rounds interviews. HR first called you about resume screening. After a week, there was a phone technical interview. It took an hour. The interviewer asked some basic cs questions and two coding problems. It was strange that the interviewer did not understand my coding.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies in November 2016.

Interview

phone interview. Ask basic java questions, abstract and interface. Two easy codings.It is very strange that the interviewer is not familiar with java. After that, I lost contact with hr.

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The interview process is is what you would expect from most companies. There was a 30-40 minute phone interview. After this, there is an on-site interview which is around 3 hours long. For me, I was in a conference room, and every 30 minutes someone new would come in and ask me different technical questions. All technical questions in person and a few personal questions over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between and abstract class and an interface?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between overloading and overwriting methods?   1 Answer

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Loveland, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then was contacted by a recruiter. Next was a call with the hiring manager who was fantastic, and then tech screens. The first round of tech screens involved two 1-hr calls with a software engineer and an architect. The hiring manager had recommended focusing on C#, but all programming questions were focused on C++ (which I had stressed I had not been hands-on with for about 5 years.) Following this round, I was asked to do a walkthrough of some of my own code on a webex, this time with the same two interviewers along with another architect. I was asked to prepare Java code for review, and when I emailed my carefully prepared code out to the team late on the day before the call, I was asked to please cover some C++ too - again, 5 year old code with no time to review or clean up. Unzip an old archive and put it on screen....

The job requisition emphasized broad technical base, great communication skills, and ability to work across organizational boundaries, and not hands-on development. No languages were identified as critical, but most of the technical questions seemed focused on being a hardcore C++ developer.

After the code review, the recruiter called to say if I wanted to continue interviewing it would be for a pay band about 40% lower than initially discussed. The job req has since been re-opened (3rd time that I know of) which leads me to believe they are not finding candidates because the advertised position is not actually what the team is looking for in this case. I liked all the personalities of the people that I talked to but found the process quite frustrating as targets shifted at multiple times.

Interview Questions

• Copy constructors, assignment operators, class definitions. Why make a destructor virtual? Discuss locks, semaphores, critical sections, joining, etc. Questions about multiple inheritance. Questions about the STL.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (San Luis Obispo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

My interview process consisted of two parts: interview with the team manager and then the technical interview with of the electrical engineers who was on the team. After that they contacted me and asked to come to the career fair at my school to discuss more details.

Interview Questions

• Why helium particles tend to leave the Earth gravitational field and how do they overcome the gravitational forces.   Answer Question
    • What's the conservation of energy law and what are the formulas related to it.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Santa Rosa, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online via their career page. Took ~ 2 months to hear back. Then had a single phone screening with HR/recruiting. Then about a week later had another phone interview. Then about 2 weeks later I had a technical phone screening. After that, I was invited to an all-day onsight interview. I had to do a 45-minute presentation and several one-on-one interviews. Riddles, behavioral, 2 technical. Everyone was very friendly and nice. The campus is HUGEEEE

Interview Questions

• Tricky riddles. How do you handle conflict? How was this part made? Show me what the dominant mode of heat transfer is on this part.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies.

Interview

I interviewed with several employees. In addition, I interviewed with several managers. The interview was very typical. The questions were not particularly difficult. In order to prepare for the interview, I studied the description of the internship position and Keysight's website.

Materials Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keysight Technologies (Santa Rosa, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 individuals. Two were managers and two were engineers. They asked me to review my work experience, career goals and skills that I bring to the job. I had prior experience working at Agilent Technologies and Hewlett Packard. They did ask me to work thru some circuit problems to determine that I understood the basics of electronic hardware theory.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself. Describe the product you worked on at your previous company.   1 Answer