Kimley-Horn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kimley-Horn Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.8

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn.

Interview

Got the offer for interview through a campus recruitment session. Applied through the recruiter and got an offer for a webcam interview from the office. Got past that and received another offer for an on-site visit to the firm

Civil EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at the Dallas and Frisco offices on the same day. Long day, but provided a good feel of what it would be like to work there. I interviewed with 3 different pairs at each location.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe your leadership skills   1 Answer

Environmental Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

The interviewer asked very basic questions, more about why I wanted to work for Kimley-Horn versus asking about my experience. She was very disengaged in the conversation and did not answer questions I had about the company very well. About a month later, I asked if I had been selected to move further in the interview process- I assumed not but I wanted to confirm since I was pursuing another job- and even with that email I have yet to receive a response. I think poorly of companies who do not even send a polite rejection letter.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn.

Interview

5 employees had to all approve of me in the interview in order for me to get the job. There was one initial interview one on one with somebody. Then a week later I interviewed with four others, two at a time. They were overly friendly, but I was asked the same questions multiple times by different people.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you've faced and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Civil Engineer In Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn.

Interview

I went to the college career fair and had an interview the very next day. I got an email maybe 2 weeks later telling me they were interested and wanting to know deadlines I have from other offers. Still waiting on an offer.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you were a good listener?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us more about (insert activity/work experience on resume)?   1 Answer

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The initial screening process consisted of a phone interview. I was then invited to the office for a panel interview which was very extensive. The staff was very friendly, and a tour was given of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience? Why do you want to work for us? Just the usual interview questions, yet very in depth.   1 Answer

Transportation Planning/Traffic Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Nashville, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

Met a recruiter at an on-campus career fair where they took my information. A few weeks later the recruiter called me to see if I was still interested in the job and to get a feel of what type of person I was by asking me basic questions about myself. An in-office interview was set up about a month later which consisted of 4 rounds of interviews. The first round was with two mid-level employees who explained what all the company had to offer, a few questions about myself but more about the company. The second round was with two mid to higher level employees who asked basic interview questions, some behavioral and some technical. The second round was more like a traditional interview in the manner that they wanted to see if I was qualified and would be a good fit. The third round was with a higher-level employee who gave me the opportunity to ask any questions about the company/job I had. The last round two younger employees took me out to get coffee and gave me another opportunity to ask any questions I might have had.
    Overall the interview process took about 2 months. The entire process was pleasant, the company really wants to make sure you are a right fit for the company as well as the company being a right fit for you. The company offers great benefits and pay, as well as offering an exceptional amount of training to help you grow as an engineer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had conflict at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn.

Interview

Very friendly and laid back. Wanted to make sure the job was a good fit for me in addition to the other way around. They love involvement with school groups so be sure to mention it if they don't bring it up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your career goals? Describe your interests in detail   Answer Question

Civil Engineer In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in late December and had a brief phone interview with HR in early January. They wanted to get to know me and my interests and get some info on my college/intern experience. The call went great but I was discouraged after not hearing from them as soon as I expected. Months had gone by with no update, I was very disappointed. They then reached out to me mid-March wanting to transport me to town for an in-person interview. I met 1-on-1 with the VP, a project manager, and another PE all asking questions mostly wanting get to know me as a person, my career interests, and a little bit about my experience, which was followed up by lunch with some young engineers. An all-around great total experience.

Landscape Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Manhattan, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very succinct and comfortable. The interviewer had prepared by reading through my resume and looking at my portfolio of works, and had remarks and questions about specific projects. The interviewer brought informational materials to describe the company culture, benefits, and the type of individuals they are seeking to hire.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel that, as a designer, you could bring value to a company with predominately engineers?   Answer Question