Kimley-Horn Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 221 of over 221 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kimley-Horn

Kimley-Horn

Application

I interviewed at Kimley-Horn

Interview

Very pleasant experience starting with an introductory phone call and moving on to a formal interview with 3 separate sessions which included 2 interviewers each. Kimley-Horn's human resources center is incredible and make the entire interview process a breeze. Most likely the best interview experience I had in my job search.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a little bit about yourself? Not going to give away their questions :)
    Answer Question

Kimley-Horn

Application

I interviewed at Kimley-Horn

Interview

The interview was over Zoom and included discussions and an interview session with a total of three pairs and an office tour to conclude. The entire process was 3 hours and was intense but the interviewers were very professional and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
  • Describe one time during a group project where you faced some difficulty.

Kimley-Horn

Application

I interviewed at Kimley-Horn

Interview

Very informative and causal. There was multiple interview with individuals from the company. The interview process was a bit extensive but they want to make sure that everyone is comfortable from all areas of the business

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Kimley-Horn

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn

Interview

i applied online through their website and was contacted by HR 5 days later to set up a phone call. the call with HR was great! she was so nice and made me feel comfortable. after that call she contacted me a day later saying the team wanted to meet with me. i met with the team over Microsoft teams 2 days later. it was 1.5 hours long and was split into 30 minute intervals. i talked to 2 different people each interval. the first interval was more about background and personality, second was technical questions, and third was about leadership. overall, my experience was great. the employees were very nice and made me feel comfortable. it was organized as well and everyone was on time which i appreciated.

Interview Questions
  • they asked questions about my resume like my background, internship, and skills. they asked a lot about leadership and project experience. expect questions like how would you lead a team, how would you deal with conflict in a group, how do you manage multiple projects or issues with your project
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Atlanta, GA) in May 2021

Interview

I had an amazing interview process. Speaking with multiple groups from different locations really ensured I had the best possible introduction to the firm as possible. I enjoyed the questions posed that prompted introspection. The staff is incredibly smart and the firm did a wonderful job explaining the position and process.

Interview Questions
  • What was one of the most interesting projects you have worked on that you encountered a difficulty?

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Saint Paul, MN)

Interview

Applied online and heard from recruiter a few weeks later to set up phone interview and discussed my interests and described those openings in certain offices. Two days later got phone call from one of the offices to set up and in person interview. They took care of all my travel expenses. Interview was with three different teams of two people that each lasted about 45 minutes. Then was taken to lunch by two people who I would be working with to ask them about the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Kimley-Horn

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn

Interview

Interview with recruiter. A week later I interviewed with a member in the same division I applied to. Two weeks later I interviewed with the team I’d be working with varying in experience. Three weeks I heard back

Interview Questions
  • What leadership experiences have I learned from?

Kimley-Horn

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn in Apr 2021

Interview

Had two Microsoft teams calls with some of their engineers. Both calls were relatively casual and informative. Their engineers were intelligent and personable and I enjoyed speaking with them. The position and work seemed interesting, but there were a lot of red flags to me related to their expectations and company culture. Was told 50 hours/ week is considered below burnout rate and 115% was expected in all facets as well as a very high utilzation ratio. As an engineer who understands how percentages work, I found this upsetting and insulting. It was implied that people who work only 40 hours a week don't care about their careers and are just showing up for a paycheck. I felt I would be potentially entering a toxic work environment and felt unsure if this would be a company I would want to work for, but felt good overall about the interview. I was told that they liked my background and interests but felt I did not show enthusiasm for the position and they would be moving forward with other candidates. I had planned on turning down any offer unless the salary was 115% of what I had originally planned on asking for, but didn't get the chance. While I enjoyed talking with their engineers I'm rating the overall experience as negative due to above mentioned red flags.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Orlando, FL) in Apr 2021

Interview

Hiring company first conducted screening interview via short phone call conversation. From there, employer screening official ask desired job or role types, and asks for desired work locations. Then screener suggests sending candidates resume/cridentials to qualifying company locations/offices and if associates at that location are interested in candidate, they will personally reach out to candidate for further interview processes. Screening official also suggests that company employees at specific locations, if interested, may request for in-person interview

Interview Questions
  • What types of roles, or engineering departments, are of interest to you? What location(s) are you seeking employment in?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

It was a phone interview that lasted for 30 minutes. I thought it went pretty well but I never heard from them again even though they seemed eager to meet me at first.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 221 Interviews