Kimley-Horn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.8

Transportation Planning/Traffic Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Nashville, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

Met a recruiter at an on-campus career fair where they took my information. A few weeks later the recruiter called me to see if I was still interested in the job and to get a feel of what type of person I was by asking me basic questions about myself. An in-office interview was set up about a month later which consisted of 4 rounds of interviews. The first round was with two mid-level employees who explained what all the company had to offer, a few questions about myself but more about the company. The second round was with two mid to higher level employees who asked basic interview questions, some behavioral and some technical. The second round was more like a traditional interview in the manner that they wanted to see if I was qualified and would be a good fit. The third round was with a higher-level employee who gave me the opportunity to ask any questions about the company/job I had. The last round two younger employees took me out to get coffee and gave me another opportunity to ask any questions I might have had.
    Overall the interview process took about 2 months. The entire process was pleasant, the company really wants to make sure you are a right fit for the company as well as the company being a right fit for you. The company offers great benefits and pay, as well as offering an exceptional amount of training to help you grow as an engineer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had conflict at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn.

Interview

Very friendly and laid back. Wanted to make sure the job was a good fit for me in addition to the other way around. They love involvement with school groups so be sure to mention it if they don't bring it up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your career goals? Describe your interests in detail   Answer Question

Civil Engineer In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in late December and had a brief phone interview with HR in early January. They wanted to get to know me and my interests and get some info on my college/intern experience. The call went great but I was discouraged after not hearing from them as soon as I expected. Months had gone by with no update, I was very disappointed. They then reached out to me mid-March wanting to transport me to town for an in-person interview. I met 1-on-1 with the VP, a project manager, and another PE all asking questions mostly wanting get to know me as a person, my career interests, and a little bit about my experience, which was followed up by lunch with some young engineers. An all-around great total experience.

Inter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn.

Interview

Met with recruiters at campus for a career fair with an interview that followed. It was a relaxed setting with questions about school experiences and school projects. This followed an interview at the office.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (West Palm Beach, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Process was very slow. Took no time to get a phone interview but took over a month to hear back from them. The people there were very nice and kind.

Interview Questions

• Basic entry level questions. Why civil engineering? What specialty?   Answer Question

Civil EIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview Path
    -On Campus Interview
    -On Site Interview/Tour
    -Follow-Up Phone Interview

First on campus interview is very formal, the later interviews are much more in formal in nature. They do take quite a bit of time between steps in their recruiting process, so you must be patient with the company's schedule.

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn in December 2016.

Interview

30 min phone interview originally. About two weeks after, traveled to the office for an in person interview. Two people interviewed me at a time for about 30 minutes a piece. 4 rounds so 8 people total in about a span of 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What skills/experience made me the best candidate for the job?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR and it was overall a very laid back interview. Mainly focused on personal questions and seemed to have a genuine interest in getting to know me as a person. Some technical questions also and asking me to further explain different parts of my resume. Still waiting to hear back after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of on your resume?
      Time where you had to persuade someone of a decision?
      Answer Question

Transportation Engineer, Civil Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Initially called up by HR person for personality screening, asking me for my interests in the company and the position. Asked of my involvement in transportation field, desired career path, etc. Set me up with an in person interview at the office, where I met with employees my age and got a tour of the office.

Finally interviewed with two of the design managers for roughly 45 min. to an hour. After this, got coffee with the younger employees for another 30 min. Overall, enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical personal questions like what has been the biggest challenge you overcame, examples of leadership, etc. Few actual technical questions, more questions about past experience in school and internships (entry-level position) and involvement in related fields.

2 interviewers, with one asking more hard-hitting personal questions, while the other was more laid back and encouraging. Not sure if it was the process or just a personal experience.
      Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a series of interviews with multiple staff members (technical and management). The questions and atmosphere was comfortable and appropriate. Total compensation was emphasized over base salary.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Kimley-Horn?   1 Answer