Kleinfelder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.7

Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Madison, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall it was a fine process, was a pretty typical interview nothing out of the ordinary. People I interviewed with seemed nice. Asked pretty basic questions mainly character based a little about my experience as an engineer.

Civil/Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview is about 1 hour long. It was a group interview with three project managers. They first asked me to introduce myself. And they asked a few simple technical questions such as how to draw moment diagram, etc.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job online, and got a phone interview online. I didn't imply any of civil engineer experience in my interview. But HR still asked me a lot about that. I hope they could read my resume first and then set up an interview. Other than that, the process is quite good. They are polite and helpful. HR even gave suggestions for my job hunting process. So I think if your experience matches the job description, it worth trying.

Interview Questions

• Do you have civil design experience?
      Do u have mining site experience?
      1 Answer

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kleinfelder in September 2016.

Interview

I live in Orange County and my interview was in Los Angeles. However, the admin assistant who emailed me my interview time told me to come at 10:00 am when my interview was actually at 9:00 am. So I got there at 9:45 and was told I was 'late' even though I showed up at the time I was supposed to (after commuting to downtown LA and paying for parking). Therefore, I was only able to talk to the project manager who was looking to fill the position for about 15 minutes and that was it. And Kleinfelder has done nothing to reschedule an interview or at least acknowledge the time and trouble I spent going to the interview. Thanks so much kleinfelder.

Interview Questions

• they didn't have time for questions since they told me to come at the wrong time .   2 Answers

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kleinfelder.

Interview

Talked about past job experiences, past field work especially. Informal and very open. There were two interviews. First, a preliminary interview in which they asked general questions, such as what are your strengths and weaknesses. This was with two people. A week and a half later, I received a second email, for a second round of interviews, this time with six people.

Seasonal FLEX Time Ecologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a very brief 10 minute phone interview just asking why I wanted the job, just typical questions..no curveballs. Then we set up an interview for the following week. I spoke with a senior project manager who was very knowledgable in Florida ecology. We spoke for about 30-40 minutes about the position, the company and my studies and it seemed like I had done well. However, he explained the the hiring process had been delayed too long, which may lead to the termination of the seasonal position in the first place. I received an email a week later saying I did not get the job.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with people from HR, engineering and administrative departments. A group interview with Q&A from all three. I supplied each with a hard copy of my resume and summary of past duties. We discussed what the position entailed, what the company mission and personality consisted of. We discussed my past work history and what I liked and disliked about my former position.

Interview Questions

• Why was I looking for a job?
      What would be my idea salary?
      Answer Question

Communications Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Sacramento, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week later via email. After playing some "phone-tag," I was finally able to schedule an interview onsite a week after initially being contacted. During the interview, I began to get the strange feeling that I was simply a "diversity candidate," as both interviewers were unprepared and disinterested. I also noticed that it seemed as if the interviewers were looking at my resume for the first time. Overall, I felt I gave a pretty good performance, but I was never contacted again afterward. Emails sent to my point-of-contact were never returned - completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Structural Bridge Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

In-person interview. They gave the impression that they would give an actual follow-up. After one "we still haven't selected our candidate yet" email, I never got a response afterward. Given where I am now, I'm not upset that I didn't get an offer, but I do feel like it's rude to never respond to anyone. For a fairly large company, it was extremely unprofessional and makes me wonder how well they treat their employees or how much trust you can put in your own workplace. When people are looking for jobs, we appreciate feedback as to why we weren't considered/chosen. Not left wondering for months.

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy questions about my past bridge design experience, software I've used, etc. Nothing technical.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kleinfelder.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews - interviewed with the Business Development team lead over the phone, then interviewed with a colleague of the team lead over the phone, then the team lead flew out to my location to have a face-to-face final interview where four additional team members were video conferenced into the meeting.

Interview Questions

• What metrics should the work of Marketing Coordinators be measured against to determined success?   Answer Question

couldn't negotiate agreeable salary terms