Kleinfelder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 23, 2017

2.8

Project Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

After initial contact by phone was invited for an interview. Interview consisted of several senior level engineers and geologists. Questions focused on skills, experience, and comfort level with work. Discussed work culture and typical tasks and projects.

Entry Level Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

They had me drive to their office. The receptionist let me into the interview room before the other interviewers. The interviewers shook my hand and handed me a card when they entered. Then they asked questions which took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe environmental consulting entails?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Went through two rounds of interviews and I was interviewed by a total of six people (3 people per round of interviews). I was interviewed a company branch by people I would potentially be working with.

Interview Questions

• Classes taken that correlated to this position?   1 Answer

Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Madison, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall it was a fine process, was a pretty typical interview nothing out of the ordinary. People I interviewed with seemed nice. Asked pretty basic questions mainly character based a little about my experience as an engineer.

Civil/Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview is about 1 hour long. It was a group interview with three project managers. They first asked me to introduce myself. And they asked a few simple technical questions such as how to draw moment diagram, etc.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job online, and got a phone interview online. I didn't imply any of civil engineer experience in my interview. But HR still asked me a lot about that. I hope they could read my resume first and then set up an interview. Other than that, the process is quite good. They are polite and helpful. HR even gave suggestions for my job hunting process. So I think if your experience matches the job description, it worth trying.

Interview Questions

• Do you have civil design experience?
      Do u have mining site experience?   1 Answer

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kleinfelder in September 2016.

Interview

I live in Orange County and my interview was in Los Angeles. However, the admin assistant who emailed me my interview time told me to come at 10:00 am when my interview was actually at 9:00 am. So I got there at 9:45 and was told I was 'late' even though I showed up at the time I was supposed to (after commuting to downtown LA and paying for parking). Therefore, I was only able to talk to the project manager who was looking to fill the position for about 15 minutes and that was it. And Kleinfelder has done nothing to reschedule an interview or at least acknowledge the time and trouble I spent going to the interview. Thanks so much kleinfelder.

Interview Questions

• they didn't have time for questions since they told me to come at the wrong time .   2 Answers

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kleinfelder.

Interview

Talked about past job experiences, past field work especially. Informal and very open. There were two interviews. First, a preliminary interview in which they asked general questions, such as what are your strengths and weaknesses. This was with two people. A week and a half later, I received a second email, for a second round of interviews, this time with six people.

Civil Engineer/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Twp, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Cranberry Twp, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Lengthy telephone screening with face to face meeting at facility if selected. This was a very disingenuous process. A specific job description was posted, I applied based on that, made it fine through the telephone screening. I was then sand bagged at the actual interview. The interview consisted of two managers present in conference room setting, one linked in via video conference, and one via telephone conference.

I have never been a part of a more ridiculous situation in twenty one years. I began getting grilled with questions (regarding technical engineering, but in a completely separate discipline than the advertised job) that were unreasonable and frankly somewhat insulting. I found the main interviewing manager incredibly rude and unprofessional (the other three were actually pleasant). However, this main manager was becoming visibly angry with the fact that I was not giving him what he was looking for. Sort of like an anger/disgust/frustration kind of thing. I SHOULD have stood up, thanked them, and walked out. However, I literally has lost my job 72 hours before this interview, and that's certainly not something that crosses your mind when you are in that state.

I just felt the entire process was mishandled and incredibly unprofessional. I certainly feel that this process is likely indicative of how this firm operates and treats its employees and clients.

Not even being able to patiently and appropriately ask interview questions certainly is a harbinger of what was to come.

I mean, is this sour grapes to some extent?...sure. However, I am one type of engineer, with a defined skill set. The advertised position met that profile. The interview was for a completely different type of engineering professional. One that I am not. Based on that, I wouldn't have hired me either! But I went into the interview expecting a line of questioning based on the job opportunity advertised. This was not a matter of throwing some curve balls, trying to weed out candidates. I have enough experience to recognize sonething like that, and frankly I have no problems with it.

However, this situation was almost as if the manager was reading from the wrong list of interview questions! It was not applicable in any way to what the advertised opportunity described.

I certainly would not recommend dealing with this firm. Not under any circumstances.

Interview Questions

• Several questions unrelated to posted job description.   1 Answer

Seasonal FLEX Time Ecologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a very brief 10 minute phone interview just asking why I wanted the job, just typical questions..no curveballs. Then we set up an interview for the following week. I spoke with a senior project manager who was very knowledgable in Florida ecology. We spoke for about 30-40 minutes about the position, the company and my studies and it seemed like I had done well. However, he explained the the hiring process had been delayed too long, which may lead to the termination of the seasonal position in the first place. I received an email a week later saying I did not get the job.