Kleinfelder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Concord, NC) in February 2019.

Interview

The process takes about 2 months. The hiring coordinator has to sell me to NCDOT and then they submit an offer then Kleinfelder get a % of that. So DOT says 23$/hr Kleinfelder will give me 19$/hr. So Kleinfelder is get 17.39%/hr of the 23$/hr DOT is giving them. But Kleinfelder is giving me the money up front only to be reimbursed by DOT

Interview Questions

• So why do you want to leave the company your with now???   1 Answer

IT Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kleinfelder.

Interview

Process was quick and easy. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where you had a issue and how did you over come it.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kleinfelder in March 2013.

Interview

After submitting my application, I received a phone screen interview from Kleinfelder's recruiting department. Shortly thereafter, I was notified for an in person interview. During the in person interview I met with the Area Manager and Business Services Manager. The interview lasted approximately one hour and was very pleasant, relaxed. I was told a decision would be made an all candidates would be notified within one week of the decision. I received an offer three days post interview and accepted. Kleinfelder made the interview process very simple.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions included Previous work experience; relevant work experience; what did I know about the company; what skills differentiate my from other candidates; what my long term goals and short term goals are.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with people from HR, engineering and administrative departments. A group interview with Q&A from all three. I supplied each with a hard copy of my resume and summary of past duties. We discussed what the position entailed, what the company mission and personality consisted of. We discussed my past work history and what I liked and disliked about my former position.

Interview Questions

• Why was I looking for a job?
      What would be my idea salary?   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Houston, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

Lasted about 40 minutes, they were very nice and understanding. They wanted to know about me as a person as well as my history. They asked a lot of questions on why I wanted this position and what I knew about the company.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Interview

If they like your application, then they will email you within a week or two, telling you the location of which ever job you applied for but not the actual position if you applied to several, and ask when the best time to talk for a phone interview is.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Asked to come in to interview with one person but midway through was joined by the interviewer ' s boss. Lots of verbal promises made but when it came down to written offer, verbal promises (carrots offered to entice) were no longer included. Very shady method for selling a company to a potential employee. Not the kind of people I want to work for.

Interview Questions

Entire process seemed disorganized at best and verbal offers not put in writing are "tricks", not actual offers.

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kleinfelder (Hamilton, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview lead to an in-person interview. Candid interview with principal engineer and a project manager. Pretty easy to talk to, but projects promised were not consistent with actual project involvement.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses; describe a technical project from initiation to conclusion. Nothing overly difficult.   1 Answer

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kleinfelder in September 2016.

Interview

I live in Orange County and my interview was in Los Angeles. However, the admin assistant who emailed me my interview time told me to come at 10:00 am when my interview was actually at 9:00 am. So I got there at 9:45 and was told I was 'late' even though I showed up at the time I was supposed to (after commuting to downtown LA and paying for parking). Therefore, I was only able to talk to the project manager who was looking to fill the position for about 15 minutes and that was it. And Kleinfelder has done nothing to reschedule an interview or at least acknowledge the time and trouble I spent going to the interview. Thanks so much kleinfelder.

Interview Questions

• they didn't have time for questions since they told me to come at the wrong time .   2 Answers

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kleinfelder.

Interview

Talked about past job experiences, past field work especially. Informal and very open. There were two interviews. First, a preliminary interview in which they asked general questions, such as what are your strengths and weaknesses. This was with two people. A week and a half later, I received a second email, for a second round of interviews, this time with six people.