Knight Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Knight Transportation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Knight Transportation (Plainfield, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

A recruiter from the corporate office in Phoenix called on Monday and asked me basic questions about my job history then scheduled me for an interview that same week on Thursday. I came in the for the interview and the person who I was told to ask for takes me somewhere I can wait. 5 minutes later someone else lets me know it was cancelled yesterday and the Arizona recruiter should've let me know. That was it - no explanation for why it was cancelled and I never received a call. I ended up letting the recruiter know I was no longer interested.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Knight Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Treat candidates like people!

As a candidate who applied for a position via the careers page of Knight, I was shortly thereafter contacted by a recruiter and spent valuable time engaging with them through that of a phone screen and more than one onsite interviews (while the second onsite interview was reported to be with the VP - after waiting for some time past the start time, this did not happen and I was merely taken into a room for a typing test). After the second in person meeting, I was told a decision would be made within the following week.
    While rejection is never desired, if not selected I would have at least expected a canned email indicating so even when a personalized email and constructive feedback would have been most appropriate at this stage. However, neither happened. So to the Knight leadership - please train your team to get back to people. Say yes. Say no. Say I don't know. Say anything. But say something. Ghosting is an ugly practice in the dating world, and an even uglier practice in the business world. So please, grow up and treat your candidates with respect.

Interview Questions

• Typical experience questions and discussion about work environment and expectations.   Answer Question

Credit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Knight Transportation.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview in which they asked me numerous questions regarding my past work experiences. Then they scheduled a time for me to have a personal interview. During the personal interview they asked me relative questions to the job I was applying for. I sat with the department manager and he wanted to see if I understood the core concepts of the position. From there I sat with other employees to see what it is that I would be doing on a daily basis. I then went to an on-loction nurse from a drug screening, and that completed the interview. After they had gathered feedback from the other employees and mangers, I was called and given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Truck Driver Interview

Interview

Phone interview, then bus ticket to the terminal. 3 day "class" (what a joke) drug test, road test, then here are your keys. Most of the time spent sitting waiting. Messing around in the computer.

Driver Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knight Transportation (Memphis, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then went to the office and had a panel interview with several of the current employees that work there. The interview lasted around 30 to 45 mins. The panel took turns asking questions.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knight Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

They contacted me for a phone interview, which was followed by an all expenses paid for travel. The interview was simple and straightforward. In the end, I was not happy with the salary so I moved on. I really enjoyed it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knight Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

The HR rep called me and did a phone screening. Then, I went to the corporate offices to meet with two senior account execs first. A few days later, I was called back to meet with more folks from the team. The interview process was reasonably casual and seemed more personality based versus skills/experience. The biggest concern was the job requires an extremely high volume of calls and emails and they wanted to make sure that's understood.

Logistics Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Knight Transportation (Tempe, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Introduced myself, shared any relative work experience in supply chain management area, briefly reviewed the company's background and history, gave feasible suggestions for the company in the next few years, and wide-opened Q&A in the last.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Knight Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone Interview. Followed by a three-person panel interview using the STAR interview method. Third interview following a situational basis of what may happen on a day on the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when something negative happened where you worked and how did you solve it.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Knight Transportation.

Interview

Pretty easy going process. First is a phone screening by HR Recruiter. Then you are interviewed by a panel of employees. You are required to do a drug test if you are offered an opportunity. Training takes several months and they fly you out to corporate typically.