LAMPS PLUS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2018

2.5

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

This process was ridiculous. A recruiter contacted me November of 2017. They did nothing after my information was submitted. Then January of 2018 I was contacted for a phone screen. Yes, 3 months for a phone screen but what the heck. I didn't secure a new position yet, so why not. Their primary needs were a PM that could capture requirements and work with developers. I have 15 years of experience. I was gathering requirements 3 months out of undergrad, I have an MBA from a top school, and my undergrad is in electrical engineering. So how could an electrical engineer, MBA, PM at an electrical device manufacturer not be successful? I have no idea. My recruiter said that after 3 months and 1 phone screen with a PM that couldn't match even one of my credentials, I was told that I likely wouldn't be successful in this position. That's who you're dealing with. Pure incompetence at an old stuffy formal dress company in LA. My advice. Don't waste your time unless you're a year or so out of school and must have a job. Good luck

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with developers before?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS (Chatsworth, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Take home coding test that was easy, but time consuming if you wanted to do iti well, and then a long in-person interview. The take home test was relatively easy but not commensurate with the skills they were looking for so it was kind of a waste of time. At the in-person interview, three people gave me code challenges to complete as they watched. It ran over two hours.

A/R Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through email, replied the next day, interviewed on the phone couple days later, a week later, brought in per in person interview with recruiter, Manager, and a Senior staff. A week later interviewed with the Controller and got the job.

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS (Chatsworth, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Before in-person interview, there is a Codepen Javascript test to be done. It asks you to replicate a screen using HTML/CSS with a little of javascript. It may take several hours to complete nicely.
    Upon in-person interview, a paper application form needs to be filled out. The actual interview was mostly coding test, focuses on CSS and Javascript (two problems). It could be challenging for some. You sit in a conference room with a large screen and code right there with interviewers watching. Other than that, most questions were experience related and other pretty standard interview questions.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS.

Interview

Professional. They emailed me step by step instructions every step of the way and sent me an on line application to fill out before the phone interview. The laid out the process and the expectations. The phone interview was professional and courteous. I was not told why I did not go in to the next step but overall a positive experience.

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS.

Interview

task on codepen, I recreated picture with HTML and CSS. and add javascript function to find consecutive letters in string. after that recruiter made me an appointment with senior front end developer. there is a form to fill out and he will guide in building and then we went to interview room.

Interview Questions

• css divs, parse json to javascript and make an animation using it   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS.

Interview

Applied online with resume through career builder. They sent me an email the next day asking to respond to about 15 questions and attach my resume again. Submitted answers and never heard anything. Not even a thanks we'll contact you if you're a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about coworkers   1 Answer
    • How many times have you called in sick or were late in the last year.   1 Answer
    • What is your employment situation and why are you applying   1 Answer

Buyer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS.

Interview

met with recruiting coordinator and went through 2 interviews lasting about 15 minutes each. Very casual interview. Very interested in my experience, and interested in where I may want to be with the company in the future. Did a great job of explaining the job I was applying for and the benefits that come along with a full time position. Each interviewer was well prepared and I felt at ease with the interview process

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

2 rounds:
    1 basic HTML and web programming questions
    2 basic asp.net and c# questions
    You can pretty much prepare for it from any online source. Though my review is about an earlier process, I doubt much would've changed now.

Interview Questions

• Basic HTML Questions that a beginner can answer easily.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter handled all negotiations. I didn't participate.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a in depth process. Through background check. Called past employers multiple times. When I was asked to come in to interview, I was asked to fill out a lengthy application which mostly was already in my resume. Very few questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job.   1 Answer