LAMPS PLUS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 26, 2018

2.5

Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS (San Diego, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

basic questions, previous job experiences was asked if i had the ability to multitask pretty much the interview felt like it was to see if you could hold a relevant conversation after the interview they send you to security check if they're interested in hiring you then they ask you all these questions then if you pass you get hired pretty simple

Negotiation

couldn't negotiate anything really it was my first job, got thrown in full time had to work weekends

Web Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS (Chatsworth, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

a little bit of a dated process. happens in stages. you first interview with HR over the phone usually. then they call you in to meet with a supervisor following that you come in to meet with head of security for a background check and interview

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS.

Interview

Applied online with resume through career builder. They sent me an email the next day asking to respond to about 15 questions and attach my resume again. Submitted answers and never heard anything. Not even a thanks we'll contact you if you're a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about coworkers   1 Answer
    • How many times have you called in sick or were late in the last year.   1 Answer
    • What is your employment situation and why are you applying   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS (Tukwila, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Met first time with Manager and basically just listened to her talk. She had very few questions but then asked me to set up a second interview with a private detective to run a security check on me. Made a second trip to the store for that and then got an email request for another security check.
    I spent the next week calling the manager to find out about the status of my application but none of my calls were returned.

Interview Questions

• No question in particular was unexpected. Meeting with a private detective was unexpected and odd.   1 Answer

A/R Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through email, replied the next day, interviewed on the phone couple days later, a week later, brought in per in person interview with recruiter, Manager, and a Senior staff. A week later interviewed with the Controller and got the job.

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS.

Interview

task on codepen, I recreated picture with HTML and CSS. and add javascript function to find consecutive letters in string. after that recruiter made me an appointment with senior front end developer. there is a form to fill out and he will guide in building and then we went to interview room.

Interview Questions

• css divs, parse json to javascript and make an animation using it   Answer Question

Front-End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS (Chatsworth, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Was asked to complete a code test consisting of a two column layout, an ordered list on the left, a paragraph on the right, and a center vertical border equal to the height of the tallest side. Inckrporate some method to enlarge and reduce the content of each side and include the ability to randomly sort the ordered list elements. Focus on object oriented coding patterns.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a in depth process. Through background check. Called past employers multiple times. When I was asked to come in to interview, I was asked to fill out a lengthy application which mostly was already in my resume. Very few questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS.

Interview

Professional. They emailed me step by step instructions every step of the way and sent me an on line application to fill out before the phone interview. The laid out the process and the expectations. The phone interview was professional and courteous. I was not told why I did not go in to the next step but overall a positive experience.

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LAMPS PLUS (Chatsworth, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Before in-person interview, there is a Codepen Javascript test to be done. It asks you to replicate a screen using HTML/CSS with a little of javascript. It may take several hours to complete nicely.
    Upon in-person interview, a paper application form needs to be filled out. The actual interview was mostly coding test, focuses on CSS and Javascript (two problems). It could be challenging for some. You sit in a conference room with a large screen and code right there with interviewers watching. Other than that, most questions were experience related and other pretty standard interview questions.