LG Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.7

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LG Electronics (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

The process was terrible ever. I applied online for one position, and recruiter at LG found me on Indeed if I am interested in other position. Anyhow we scheduled for hiring manager, I was under impression that he was trying to find out what my previous company was doing rather than interviewing the person as candidate. questioning very unprofessional manner, we sat for one hour mostly talking about personal things rather than job competencies, he was justifying himself I don't have this skills and that skills and so on. At the end, he said other position fits me better. I walked out of door after interview, I would never want to work for this company even if I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• why you didn't get promoted at previous work, no specific "Typical" question I remember since he was more interested in getting intel for my previous company.   Answer Question

Senior AI Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LG Electronics (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The phone interview was scheduled for 45 minutes. I was asked about my Ph.D. research. One week later, I visited LGE for the onsite interview. I gave 1-hour presentation (also based on my PhD work), and then I meet three scientists and one manager individually.

Interview Questions

• The first scientist asked me a few signal process problems in depth. Since my background is machine learning, I am not familiar with his terminology and did not answer all his questions. The second scientist asked me a few deep learning tools, such as Tensorflow. The third scientist asked my understanding about autonomous vehicles.   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LG Electronics.

Interview

I received a call for technical interview. The interview started with questioning my research and project experience from my school. I also was asked what other experience I have and if I have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any other experience other than things done in school?   1 Answer

Product Planning Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LG Electronics.

Interview

Really tough. Had to analyze competitor products and consumer behaviors on unfamiliar categories. Was asked psychological questions on work ethic and culture. Lee was seriously insane during the interview

Interview Questions

• What would you rather have: a unique innovation that sells $10MM or a me-too product that sells $50MM?   Answer Question

Brand Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LG Electronics (Englewood, NJ).

Interview

went into interview for a brand marketing role in the cell phone division. i know they are 3rd place with a ~10% share behind samsung ~30% and apple ~40%. did phone/skype interviews and all of those individuals were amazing. actually felt like family to be honest. HR was amazing throughout the entire time by the way.

the live interview was a complete joke. i have never come out a final round interview knowing i would decline any offer. their phone division has lots of promise based on their recent streak of innovations and tremendous opportunity obviously. so you'd figure theyd be buttoned up but that was not the case. im not talking about being casual but rather this was a Poop Show.

spoke with the head of marketing. i asked questions 80% of the time. maybe they were already going to give me the role and wanted to sell me but for such an important and crucial role, seems like they would want to vet me more no? maybe im wrong. never had this type of experience in a final round interview. also his english was NOT good enough in my opinion to lead a business unit and im an immigrant myself so its not racial at all. i was surprised and think the lack of confidence may have been why i was forced to ask questions 80-90% of the time

interviewed with a guy named ray cruz who was probably the most hostile interviewer ive ever interviewed with live. he's a short fat guy and tries to come off as tough but given the fact that he's one of the few non asians (i'm an immigrant) he comes across as if he has to throw his "weight" around and was so obvious he was trying to display his power around. he leads trade marketing. i almost laughed because of all the machine gun like questions he kept peppering me with. he kept saying, "is it fair to say xyz" about my resume and id tell him no. it was obvious he makes assumptions/conclusions very quickly but that's on him. the reason i mention all this is because if he's one of the senior leaders, he's not someone i want to work with. his background was not impressive either as it was some lower tier cpg. RB i think.

head of digital social was fantastic and i wanted to ask him so many questions as we're in a digital/mobile first age but mr ray cruz had gone so over that this gentlemen only had 10-15 minutes unfortunately. i mention this because ray had gone over his time and failed to allow a 2nd senior leader to evaluate me properly. again a huge miss by senior leadership in evaulating talent. the details matter

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a group interview. The person who asks questions was very friendly and easy to approach. They start with "Tell me about yourself." Overall, it was definitely a great experience for me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LG Electronics.

Interview

One phone call; One skype call which involved interviewing with three different people. The process was fairly quick. The questions focused on my past projects and internships. The interviewers asked seemingly simple questions which I answered fairly well.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers focused on one of my projects which was extremely relevant to my field of interest.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at LG Electronics in May 2017.

Interview

HR requests to look at your resume and reviews it with the related department's director. Within a few day's was requested to set up a phone conference interview with the department's leader. There was only one interview. They ask you about your resume and then to describe yourself outside of the resume as a person. It's a less structured interview and more conversational.

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LG Electronics (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

First I talked to an recruiter person over the phone who asked basic questions about my resume and went through my background. It was standard interview questions. At the actual interview, I met two potential team members and it was a fairly standard interview. There weren't really any hard questions but they did ask me questions about what I knew about Korean culture. I didn't get the sense I would be a good fit there.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the businesses of LGE?   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LG Electronics (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

HR screening call and then face-to-face. HR rep for the screening call was 45 min late. Facilities were run down and dirty. Only 1 or 2 people said hello as I waited or asked to help as HR just left me in the break room for 30 min.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to teach them how to run a B2B marketing campaign for the energy sector.   1 Answer
    • Ok, but how do you get more customers?   1 Answer
    • I asked what was to be a first softball "What do you enjoy most about working at LG?" The hiring manager was flabbergasted and literally unable to reply. The HR rambled of some story but, I was to distracted as the hiring manager composed himself.   1 Answer
    • Joke, Total Joke... I determined that LG doesn't have the resources or corporate culture to enact a successful B2B marketing campaign.   Answer Question