LSU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2017

2.3

Midstream Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LSU (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview before getting invited to Houston for a two-day interview. In Houston, they had a pre-meet with dinner and drinks the night before. The second day consisted of 30 minute interviews with 6 different employees.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite/least favorite subject in school?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the department chair, who was also my former statistics professor. He was kind and helpful. He described the position and which professors I would be working with. We talked about my career goals and job opportunities that would likely be available to me after I graduated. The entire interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in working in private industry or at a research university after you graduate?
      Do you think you can handle working 20 hours a week while going to classes full time?
      What area of educational research interests you?
      Answer Question

Assistant Professor, Medicine Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LSU.

Interview

very brief, was not really interested in the job. They were very kind and did their best to see to my needs. the people were very kind and i would absolutely recommend the mto colelagues, this thing is making me type more

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LSU.

Interview

basically I was called about the position and when I went to the office they asked had I completed my test to work there at the dmv I told them that I was headed there after I left there and they also sent me for a physical. It was the easiest job that I have ever got but then again I'm really good at test.

Interview Questions

• They just asked had I taken my test and did I do my physical.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

apply online, email to schedule phone interview. can also be done with skype. very nice. they called me, and after a week, give me an offer. During the phone call, it is not clearly at beginning, they are nice to try again. It works.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

As a freshman, I went to the department I wanted to work for and asked if they had any student worker jobs open. They placed me in a position. Later, I was asked if I wanted to move up a position, so I did. The person in charge of the new position asked me a few questions and I was hired.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

First a telephone interview, then flown out for in-person interviews with group panel and department heads and lunch. Slightly delayed process due to university holidays. Later participated in multiple interview processes that involved the entire department, seeking the right fit for each position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a question from someone you were having trouble understanding?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

Excellent communication, met all members of hiring department in an informative, but not overwhelming settings. 1 executive, 1 director and 1 peer participated in the interview for a well rounded perspective on what the role offered.

Interview Questions

• What more do you want to know about the job we do here?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator UREC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was over Skype to a committee of 7 people. They asked questions one and at time then all stared and jotted down things you said. They told me they would follow up the next week regardless if I received I was moving on or not but I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a week long marketing plan for an even this weekend.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

Th interview process for LSU involved a group interview with the leadership of the department I applied for. Each panel member read from the same sheet and asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with software related to fundraising used on this campus?   Answer Question