LSU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

LSU Interview Questions

Interviews at LSU

2.3

Janitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not very difficult at all. The hiring manager was very easy to talk to and simply wanted to understand what type of person I was. They asked about my time availability and took it into consideration once I started working. The entire process did not take very long.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LSU.

Interview

Process took a month before getting email on interview. It was a group panel of 4 people no phone interview was done prior. This was for a information technology analyst 3 position at the Baton Rouge location:

IT Interview

Interview

Interviewed in person. Casual conversation discussing basic aptitude. They were pretty desperate for IT personnel so I was hired immediately and began training. Basically just had to prove that I was capable of handling basic IT service requests for faculty and the occasional server outage.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2013.

Interview

There was an informal phone interview, followed by an on campus interview. The interviews did not provide an accurate picture of what the job would be.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about finance laws, which had nothing to do with my job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

Excellent communication, met all members of hiring department in an informative, but not overwhelming settings. 1 executive, 1 director and 1 peer participated in the interview for a well rounded perspective on what the role offered.

Interview Questions

• What more do you want to know about the job we do here?   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2009.

Interview

You'll meet with the Tutor Supervisor and she/he will interview you on your skills to become a tutor. They'll ask if you are sensitive to teaching and providing for people academic needs. Then, they will test you on a few mathematics question to see if you are up for the job. After the interview process and you accept the job, you'll have to go through a rigorous series of questions/quizzes to pass in order to start your job.

Interview Questions

• How do you factor x^2+2x+1=0?   1 Answer
    • In Trig, is the Sine function an even or odd function?   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Interview

One interview to prove that you can explain the math. The question was extremely easy if you know what you are doing. If you can do algebra and trigonometry the math is extremely easy

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process was easy. I had previously taken the class and did well so I was offered a teaching assistant position when I went to thank him for helping me through the class

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2011.

Interview

phone interview, ask questions about English and classes have taught before. Asked about activities classes I have taught before. Talked about the lab. Introduced the teaching load and typical salary in the department and what students do in summer.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LSU (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2013.

Interview

Offered the position by chair of department. Was asked what type of class I would like to "TA" for. Asked about any special areas I felt I was specifically skilled in. Asked about prior experience in teaching/ grading papers and exams. Showed the lab I would be working and and given some pointers on how to perform.