La Quinta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at La Quinta

1.9

Laundry Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at La Quinta (Elizabethtown, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

Didn't get an interview. Manager/Owner was out of town & a current employee spoke with manager on getting me in the laundry until receptionist position opened.
    Did have to fill out application & paperwork for files.

Interview Questions

• What days & shift can you work?   2 Answers

Laundry Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at La Quinta (Bozeman, MT) in October 2017.

Interview

Went through a lot of unnecessary psychological questioning as to the importance of being a laundry attendant and what role it plays in the company and also asking a lot of redundant questions about the same topic only using different words they made it seem like I was applying for a job at NASA I mean seriously you basically wait for the dirty laundry to come to you you put it in the washer wait for that put it in the dryer wait for that and then continue to finish the rest of the load by folding and stacking how much psychological intelligence do you need to do something that simple

Interview Questions

• What are the psychological aspects of being a laundry attendant?   Answer Question

Shuttle Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at La Quinta (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2013.

Interview

I put in my application. My brother worked there so he handed it to the manager. A few days later, I was told to come in and I met with the general manager. He hired me on the spot because they needed someone badly and I had a clean driving record. He asked if I could drive a van and how important customer service was. I started working a couple days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at La Quinta (Columbus, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process went great. Had a great conversation with the recruiter. She told me everything that the company had to offer and what the job entailed. I briefed her on what I did and the things that I had done in my career up to this point and we seemed to really hit it off.

Interview Questions

• What would you do as a General Manager   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at La Quinta (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2010.

Interview

You speak with an HR person fill out a "survey" assessment then if you qualify you are reffered to an RVP who then interviews you and makes the decision with HR

Negotiation

I was told i would not get more than offered due to my experience level. Depending on your RVP the starting pay can vary greatly some of them really short change their GM's others

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, IN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at La Quinta (Frankfort, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

Came to the property during renovation while they were between being Holiday Inn Express and La Quinta. It was an average interview, going over past experience and qualifications. As it was for a management position, there were multiple people in and out for the interview, only 2 of them are still with the organization as others have gone on to better positions.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable firing people?   1 Answer
    • If we ran a background check, would there be any issues.   1 Answer
    • Can you stick to a budget?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to manage a hotel?   1 Answer

Area Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at La Quinta (Dallas, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter from La Quinta Corporate HR after being referred by local sales Colleague. Telephone interview lasted 40 minutes and included typical questions re: experience, likes/dislikes, etc. Recruiter was very professional and personable and closed conversation explaining that I would be contacted by Regional DOS for next step. Was contacted approximately 7 days later by Regional DOS via telephone. Was told upon conclusion of interview that I would be contacted by VP of Sales after their annual sales rally, which would take place the following week.

I did not pursue further as I did not feel the 2nd interviewer possessed the articulation skills or industry knowledge of someone I would do well reporting to. I also did not want to be part of an organization that place such little importance on filling such a critical position.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at La Quinta.

Interview

Interview process was very professional and organized. HR recruiter called me and did a standard screening reviewing my qualifications. After that I was told to complete an online assessment through the LQ website .
    I then met with two GM's at different properties where my qualifications and future ambitions were further reviewed.
    The last phase was a brief meeting with the SVP.

Interview Questions

• Company is focused on promoting AGM to GM, is that an ideal career move for you?   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Interview

I applied on line, the next day I received a call to set up the interview, I was so excited.
    I scheduled the interview by phone, I thought interview went very well. I took the on line screening. Two weeks went by, no phone calls or emails. I then called HR, they said everyone was at the Convention. For me to wait. so I waited another 10 days. So after a total of 4 weeks, I got a voice mail, if I was interested in a personal interview, to call and the local GM would interview me. Sadly I had an ER situation for my family. I was not able to interview.I think I was labeled for life. I kept calling, emailing, I applied four more times, I was told someone else was hired.
    I am so dissapointed, that I thought this was a wonderful national chain, I am well trained as a GM and would have been grateful to be an ASST MGR. with this Company, however, I will never ever be given the chance, because I was at the ER. than one day.
    sad, the position is now open again, and several more. they could have had a great Asst Mgr. who would have helped them rank high, and been loyal to them for years to come.
    But Darn the emergency we had, will haunt me:(.
    Wait, not anymore, I just got the job of my dreams, yesterday :)))
    and it's not La Quinta .

Interview Questions

• if you are interested in the interview call us back, but if you dont the second we ask you to.
      we will write your name in the book of NO HIRE EVER AGAIN>   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at La Quinta (Atlanta, GA) in July 2018.

Interview

The process was okay. Not a lot of feedback. Was sent informaton regarding position, however, I was told after the psychological interview that they were going to move on to someone else because they could not meet my salary expectations???