Lakeshore Learning Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.4

Order Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very easy and straightforward. A call, set an appointment for 2 days later and interview. The interview does take quite a bit of time so clear your schedule. All the employees I spoke with were very happy, kind and personable. And never hesitated to answer any questions. Everything is thoroughly explained so there is no confusion if you are offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for in a new job.   1 Answer

Order Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Started by a typing test, then an interview with a HR Representative, then with the Department manager. Everyone was really friendly and happy. They also offered snacks and water before hand. It was a somewhat long interview where I was there for a couple of hours, but it was all worth it at the end!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you noticed that an order came in incomplete with missing information (i.e. an order came in with the amount, but not the color...how would you resolve?)   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I spoke with an HR person, Store Manager, and finally the District Manager. They were all professional and personable. They were all forward with the culture of the company and expectations from the staff. The process was quick and enjoyable.

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in January 2017.

Interview

I was called in advance for a pre-screen interview where I was given information about the position, company, and compensation package. The straightforwardness of the benefits package persuaded me to go in for a formal interview. The next day, I was given an interview in the Carson office. The process took roughly three hours. I spoke to five different individuals who listened to me attentively and asked questions about previous job experiences, skill sets, and interpersonal relationships. Overall, the experience was a positive one.

For future applicants, it is wise to look over these reviews. What most have in common is the fact Lakeshore Learning's interview process is always a positive one as they conduct it with such professionalism. Personally, it made me comfortable and to a certain extent feel like I would be hired but that was not the case. A great experience does not equate a higher probability of being hired.

Good luck on you job hunt!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a phone interview within 24 hours. Process was quick but I had to get through the "screener" first. I am not sure where the process goes from there since I didn't ,are it past the screener.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I filled out thru indeed. I received a phone call from hr we talk a little bit about my background and then she went ahead and scheduled a time for us to have a phone interview to talk more indepth about my resume tgat went good then I scheduled a time to talk to the dm and then met with the dm and store manager a week later. It was quick but very thorough process.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA).

Interview

I received a call from HR. I was asked a few questions over the phone, then asked to come in for a one on one. I met with her the following day. Just the standard interview questions. I thought it went well and that we connected. I asked questions about the company as well as a standard day as an Inside Sales Rep. I'm assuming that it's difficult and very competitive to get hired on here.

Interview Questions

• What mistake have you made at a current or former job and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Freelance Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a great interview with Alexxa Transue, and later with the Managing Editor and Proofreader Manager. They asked insightful questions about my life and work experience and how I fit well with the company's established working milieu.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were very pressured by deadlines and amount of work. How did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Seasonal Order Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Five minute wait in the lobby, where the receptionist offered me water and/or coffee, and had me fill out a form with name, address, phone number, and availability. The interview was super casual, 1:1 with a very friendly corporate recruiter who explained the position, job requirements, told me about the history of the company. She sounded very proud of the establishment, and seemed very happy to be working there. After a couple questions, she had me take a couple of typing speed tests (words and ten-key). She explained the whole thing very well. It was super simple, and straightforward. After she reviewed my results in a couple of minutes, she offered me the position, and then went over salary, training and scheduling, which she had already explained during our earlier phone conversation to set up the interview date. All in all, it took around 20 - 25 minutes, and was a great experience. Fun even.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job, and what made you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, since I was happy with their terms. The only thing I asked was if this position could turn into Full-time, and she said that there's no guarantee, but if something opens up, the seasonal associates are the first ones asked, before looking outside.

Lakeshore Learning Materials Response

Oct 5, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to meet with us, and it’s great to hear you had a positive and easy-going interview experience. We’re grateful you chose to join us—and lend a hand ... More

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The conversation was very personal. Right up front they try to get to know me on a personal level to understand my character. After, I was asked to to over my experiences. I was asked questions about my strong subjects in education and if I had a preference. I was asked to share my understanding of curriculum and my knowledge of it.