Lakeshore Learning Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lakeshore Learning Materials Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2017

2.4

Order Taker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Interview

such a friendly person who interviewed me , didn’t make anything uncomfortable, let me know expectations beforehand. l really appreciated that the interviewer gave me time to think and answer the questions.

Seasonal Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

1st - phone call
    2nd - in person
    3rd - typing test (right after the in-person interview)

Everyone was very nice and professional throughout the process. They communicated by phone and email.

Once I was in the office, they took their time with each candidate and offered everyone coffee/snacks.

Interview Questions

• What is your familiarity with Lakeshore products?
      What is your definition of customer service?
      Tell me about your past office experiences?
      Do you think you will get bored with this type of repetitive work?   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Was called in regards to the recruiter position, had a short but detailed phone interview. Came in the next day for an in person interview, ended up interviewing with a few people. Was told that I would hear back within the next 2 days. Not a ton of paperwork to be filled out, one simple online application.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It started with a phone interview and a few basic questions. Like why are you leaving your current position? She asked a few questions about my resume. Then she told me she would like me to come in for an interview/excel test.
    I was able to schedule the in-person interview for a few days after I spoke with her over the phone. The interview was first and it went really well. Just basic questions an employer would want to know. She explained the day-to-day of the job so I knew what I was going to be doing on a regular basis. Then she excuses you for a 15 minute timed excel formatting test. It was not too bad if you brush up on excel formatting. She clearly told me (during the phone interview) the excel test would be on formatting and a few formulas so that is what I studied up on and that is exactly how it was. I felt really confident about the interview because it was not a nerve racking conversation and the girl in HR was very nice and easy to talk to.
    However, I found out shortly after I did not get the position I interviewed for. She said I would be put in a talent pool, which they then will pick from if they get another job opening that they think you are qualified for.
    Two weeks later the person I interviewed with called me back to say there was an Admin. position open in another department. I went in for one more interview with someone from that particular dept. and got the job.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle you had to overcome, either in life or at a past job?   Answer Question

Lakeshore Learning Materials Response

Aug 22, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

I’m so glad to hear that you went into your interview feeling confident and prepared! Our goal is to ensure that every candidate has a positive experience with us, and we always strive to be clear... More

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

- Process moved very quick and efficiently. Highly organized.
    - Series of 3-4 phone interviews than a series of final interviews at the Corp. Offices in California.
    - Very focused on you personally. Resume is important but very focussed on who you are as a person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me as little or as much as you want me to know about you as a person?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Interview

Typical retail store application and interview process: went into the store to request an application and received a call for an interview about a week later. The interview was extremely relaxed and flowed like a conversation and consisted of the typical basic level interview questions. A few days after my interview I received a call from the Store Manager offering me the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Lakeshore?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a conflict in a professional setting. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very easy and straightforward. A call, set an appointment for 2 days later and interview. The interview does take quite a bit of time so clear your schedule. All the employees I spoke with were very happy, kind and personable. And never hesitated to answer any questions. Everything is thoroughly explained so there is no confusion if you are offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for in a new job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Started by a typing test, then an interview with a HR Representative, then with the Department manager. Everyone was really friendly and happy. They also offered snacks and water before hand. It was a somewhat long interview where I was there for a couple of hours, but it was all worth it at the end!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you noticed that an order came in incomplete with missing information (i.e. an order came in with the amount, but not the color...how would you resolve?)   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I spoke with an HR person, Store Manager, and finally the District Manager. They were all professional and personable. They were all forward with the culture of the company and expectations from the staff. The process was quick and enjoyable.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Five rounds of interview in total - beginning with HR round, next technical with two team leads in a panel mode, next manager, next VP and finally the President of the organization.

Interview Questions

• What's the primary difference between working full-time and consulting?   Answer Question