Lam Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lam Research Interview Questions

Interviews at Lam Research

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

Long phone interview by hiring manager first. Detailed discussion on my resume, previous experience in the industry, answering some technical questions. Then invited to face to face interview including 5-6 people and across lunch.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to previous experience in the industry   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

There were 5 individuals in the interview team and they were from different groups with different expertise but in the same area. It totally took nearly 3 hrs and they were more focused on your resume

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

This company is not for seasoned professionals. They are looking for people who will take a minimum salary in the Bay Area that will be at least $50,000 less than comparable jobs. I’ve never dealt with a company that cares so little about prospective employees. It makes me question what the work atmosphere is if someone actually accepted a job. It seems that the majority of people that they hire are strait out of grad school, in order to keep salaries low. I do have an MBA. I am not an older individual, but have worked for tech start up companies in SF my entire career. I applied at LAM, had a phone interview that I thought went well. At the end of the interview they asked what I thought my salary range was. I quoted the amount that I was currently getting paid, plus a very small increase. Apparently that was way out of their budget. By about $50,000 dollars over what they expected to pay for the job. I wasn’t asking for the moon. They really wanted to pay half of what a sales operations manager position is worth in the Bay Area. It was equivalent to my starting salary out of undergrad. After speaking to LAM on the phone, I had forgotten about them as I accepted a managerial position at a great company about a week later. The real issue is that I have been working at my new company for 8 months now..... out of the blue I got an email from them this week saying that I was not accepted for the job. I don’t care about working for this company. I started at a great new company last summer. How does it take 8 months to hear back about an interview from a company that exploits its employees? If you are desperate, I’m sure it’s fine to interview here. If you have self worth, care about the environment you work in, and wish to be paid for your skills, look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research in April 2020.

Interview

I was involved with a Skype interview with 5 people, 2 engineers, 1 manager, 2 directors. Two engineers and the manager described in detail about the position and asked me multiple technical questions; all were related to my background, my resume and all are fair questions. Two directors gave me an understanding of the scope of the bigger project that the team is a part of as well as asking many behavioral questions. All these behavioral questions were based on my resume and I think they were very thoughtful and sharp. I think these questions were asked to find out if my personality, working style aligns with the company's core values and work culture. In my opinion, these questions were more in-depth than the standard of the hardware industry.

Interview Questions

• What qualities make a good direct manager? What makes you uncomfortable the most at your current workplace?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

After I applied, there were three interviews. HR Phone Interview then Hiring Manager Phone Interview then All Day Onsite Interview. The onsite interview contained a presentation, panel interview, and a handful of one on one interviews. The process took about a month.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

It is a very nice interview. You can meet a lot of people and people are nice. So you need to be confident. I talked about my research and they are interested. I am very happy to discuss with them about my research.

Senior Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lam Research (Tualatin, OR) in January 2020.

Interview

First a phone interview and then a panel interview with 5-6 people. Some emotional intelligence questions mixed with technical details and background. Individuals were knowledgeable. Manager was very nice and informative about the company background.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lam Research in October 2019.

Interview

Phone screen with HR rep, then in person informal interview with hiring manager. After informal interview, proceed to on-site interview. On the on-site interview, you will be presenting a technical topic of your choice. Members from the team will be there for Q&A about the presentation. Most of the questions will be about your technical presentation and some general EE stuff. Interviewers were nice and friendly.

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lam Research (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

First round was written test. They told only f2f interview
    After written test next round is F2F technical interview
    Whoever selected again after 2 days they called me for an MR & HR
    after that they told we will inform but no one informed no updates nothing

Interview Questions

• All rounds are done and document verification also done. finally I didn't get an offer..   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

I had to give a 20 min presentation on my thesis followed by 5 mins of Q&A.

Then I had 2 panel interviews ( 6 interviewers in each panel) for 30 mins each.

Interview Questions

• What skillsets can you transfer from your academic studies to the company?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

Resume submit-> 15 minutes phone interview with HR -> In person meeting with hiring manager at Starbucks (informal) -> on site interview.
    Phone interview was pretty basic questions.
    In person interview with hiring manager, he/she asks you about your projects and experiences.