Lam Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

First round of the recruiting process being the online test, included technical and aptitude questions. This was conducted in the college campus. Results of the same were intimated a week later. For further rounds, we were called to Bangalore Office, where one Technical Round was taken. For the one who were shortlisted after this, HR interview was taken. Results of the same were made known after one week. I am glad to be one among them.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were focused on the topics like C programming, and the projects that I had carried out, along with some brain teasers.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lam Research (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Employee referral. Waited a few months for the e-mail about scheduling the interview. Phone interview. 30 minutes. 2 days for preparation after the scheduling e-mail. 1/2 interviews to get the job complete.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?
      What languages have you learned?
      What is your thinking process when coding?
      Do you think your skill-set is a good fit for our team?
      Do you think you can be useful to us?
      What do you expect to gain from this internship?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lam Research (Tualatin, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR rep, then a half day interview on site. Interviewed by the hiring manager and a few of the software engineers. I had plenty of opportunities to ask questions. I got the impression it was a very high pressure, high stress job. I didn't get an offer; they said they decided to recruit recent college grads instead. (I had almost 20 years experience at the time.)

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone screening with HR, a phone interview with the hiring manager and then an on-site interview with 3 of team members, each an hour long. The interview questions spanned a your average swath of cs trivia: deadlock, threads, message passing, advanced data structures. I was shown a piece of code and told find the errors. There were basic logic puzzles as well.

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lam Research in May 2014.

Interview

I was called through a recruiter. I was upfront about my skillset and the recruiter insisted on going through the interview process. The interview process consisted of phone interview , and five in person interviews. The phone interview was fine. For the five person interviews, 1/5 was kind, all the others seemed disrespectful. (For example, one was on their cell phone during the interview).

Interview Questions

• For the in person interviews, each person had their own technical question on a piece of paper. There was no formalities, straight to the questions.   Answer Question

Staff Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I knew several people at Lam before I started. I interviewed with my director-to-be and proposed several solutions to the problems the group had been baffled by. (To be fair my solutions needed a lot of work and required a team effort.) I then interviewed with the entire group. The particular director insisted that every candidate be vetted by all group members. (This is not the standard process at Lam). The group liked me and an offer was made within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any difficult questions. The most tricky question asked by most interviewers is: What do you see yourself doing in the future? Its difficult because not only there is no right answer, but the same answer can be perceived as positive by one interviewer and negative by the other.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked for more vacation. HR would not budge. Instead got an increased signing bonus.

Staff Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

It was fairly casual. I had an interview with the technical director for the “Conductor Etch Productivity Solutions” group. He asked about my PhD research, which I explained to him and he followed up with some basic questions concerning the work (nothing too difficult). The interviewer constantly emphasized how much pressure and how intense the job was especially in solving problems for customers on site. Then, he pretty much said that there was a laid out procedure to follow to troubleshoot issues and it seemed actually fairly straightforward. Mostly, it just seems like there is a lot of pressure to fix a problem a customer might be having within a really short amount of time. He said you might hear about a problem late Friday, then flight out Sunday to Taiwan or wherever, then work on the issue for a couple days to troubleshoot, then fly back to propose a solution to the team or I am not sure who. I asked him how much training would be involved and he said it was basically trial by fire (maybe jokingly...?), but then he said 4-6 months shadowing and working with another person. So, basically, during the whole interview the interviewer was not consistent with what he was saying and it was difficult to get a good feel for what this job would be like. I got the impression he is not so happy with his job. Seemed like he was trying to discourage me from being interested or maybe make sure I would be able to deal with the pressure? I told him I thought I could handle it fine, but I have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay to work with customers who could be extremely mad at you and screaming at you?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Interview

The application took about one week. After submitting the resume, I got a phone call from HR to schedule an interview few days later. Overall it went smoothly, but no news and no offer after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the technical Expert of the team who wanted to understand my technical understanding which would benefit the team and wanted to understand what kind of a person I am and made sure to specify the exact work what they do .

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to learn from this internship?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. first got a call. 20 minutes interview, then asked to for an on site interview. I really enjoyed the time I was being interviewed. There was two people interviewed me. Session took an hour and it was casual. some questions were novel and challenging.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

thought it's not negociable, i didn't talk about it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research in June 2011.

Interview

They called me and asked me a few questions regarding what I was looking for and then we set up an in person interview. There will usually be between 1-3 interviews. 1 being for non technical internships and 3 being for post graduate internships. They'll take between 2-8 days to deliberate and if they get back to you, you have the job. If not, they usually don't get back to you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as an intern.