Lancome Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lancome Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancome (Hickory, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview on Friday with the account executive. I was then called into Dillards for an interview on Monday with the cosmetics manager and the store manager. I filled out paperwork and a background check. After my background check was cleared I was hired on and started training with Dillards the next day. I am waiting to hear where they will send me for the Lancome training.

Interview Questions

• How would you personally prepare for events and what ideas can you bring to your team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancome (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for an interview at Macy's (Kenwood Towne Centre in Cincinnati, OH). Angela (woman who gave my interview) went out of the way to tell me how they don't hire people who have never worked Lancôme at Macy's before to work this counter and told me she had six applicants after me and that I wouldn't know for a week. I got an email two hours later saying I wouldn't be considered (after going to visit the counter and discovering that both the women currently working it had never worked in cosmetics before and were hired by her less than two weeks ago). I also included how I love Lancôme and use so much of their makeup regularly and also use almost exclusively Lancôme brushes. I told her how excited and thrilled I would be to represent the Lancôme brand and what it would mean to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your best experiences with a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lancome (Covina, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

This is the 2nd time this has happened to me now. I got an email to schedule an interview, and when I get there, they already filled the spot. 1st time was Montebello mall, and the 2nd time was West Covina mall. It's very infuriating when you prepare for a job and you get there and already fill the position you were applying for. At the montebello mall, the lady didn't even bother interviewing me. She just said "sorry, maybe next time." The West Covina lady was extremely nice, interviewed me, apologized, and informed me on how I could get a position there. But I just don't understand the reasoning behind scheduling someone for an interview, but filling the position anyway. It's a waste of time. They seriously need to finish the interview process before just filling spots right away and wasting time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you've had success in as a team   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about selling someone a Macy's credit card, and how would you go about it?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about selling and applying makeup to a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancome (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They interviewed me through phone first and 2 weeks later they scheduled me for an actual interview with the AE and coordinator it took couple weeks for me. I actually got the job just be prepared and put on nicely make up

Lancome Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lancome (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

usual retail interview questions. the manager will ask you what is you goal in life? they will ask if you have retail experience or if you have experience in selling cosmetics. they will ask you how are you going to do if other counters are busy and your counter have no clients

Interview Questions

• how do you handle customer conflict or deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lancome (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I haven't been hired and overall my interview went well but a few things caught me off guard. I interviewed with the department manger and was offered an interviewed on the spot right then and there to interview with the store manager so come prepared to possibly interview with multiple people in one day so that your nerves don't get the best of you.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this block of wood...   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor - Lancome Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lancome (San Marcos, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Quick and simple, mainly ask questions about customer service and knowledge of costmetics, They also asked how much kknowledge i had about the company, where i heard of them and if i have ever used their products before

Interview Questions

• How long have you been interested in working in the cosmetic industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lancome (Waldorf, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

Meeting with manager of cosmetics to go over question about past experiences. You are asked about beauty advice you would give to a clients. Also, work ethic and working under pressure. They would give you scenarios to see how you would handle each situation. They go over your availability as well.

Interview Questions

• How are you under pressure?   1 Answer

Counter Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lancome.

Interview

Very nice, you must have sales or retail experience. This is more of a sales position than working in make up. You have to meet your weekly,monthly, yearly sales goals.

Interview Questions

• What are your top 3 goals?
      What do you know about Lancome?   Answer Question

Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lancome (DeKalb, IL).

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager and H&R manager -- they asked about my leadership experience, my job experiences, my communication skills, how to solve conflicts in team settings, my experience with the product (I wore a Lancome shadow palette to the interview and knew the colors by name, bonus points!), what my best/worst qualities are, how to lead a team effectively, and a few situation-specific questions.

I then interviewed over the phone with a woman from Lancome corporate, it was more of a personality test with no right or wrong answers. I think she told me the results at the end or perhaps called me back with the results, she told me what my strongest qualities were and wished me luck.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your opinion of the cosmetic brands: Clinique, Estee Lauder, and Lancome?   1 Answer