Lane Bryant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lane Bryant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lane Bryant (Hampton, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very small interval for interviewing, some interviews overlapping into those waiting to be seen. The manager seemed stern but nice, didn't smile all that much but whose daughter was floating around the store complaining of hunger.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lane Bryant?   Answer Question
    • If a customer was in the fitting room trying on a item that did not fit, how would you suggest something different?   Answer Question
    • Pick an out outfit that I would wear to a certain scenario   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lane Bryant (New York, NY).

Interview

There are two interviews you have to do, to get this position. I was okay during my first interview, but when we moved to the second interview, she got so personal that I wanted to cry, and I did not want to be there anymore. Because of this, I did not get the position that I wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lane Bryant (Lakeland, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was very fun and casual, and the manager made you feel comfortable. We talked about our alma mater (she graduated from the same college I'm currently attending) and had a fun conversation.

Interview Questions

• What was one instant where you made a mistake and learned from it?   Answer Question

Store Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lane Bryant.

Interview

The screening interview with the recruiter was the worst experience I've ever had. She was short with me and tried every way she could to exclude me from the candidate search. Comments about pay not being high enough for me, there were good internal candidates being considered, no opportunity for advancement, etc.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lane Bryant (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for three store manager positions that were posted in my area. I was called a few days later by a store I didn't apply to and was told to call a fifth store to ask if she had any positions. Apparently there were no store manager positions available, despite at least three being posted on LinkedIn within the past week. I called the fifth store and was asked to come in an interview for an assistant manager position. The store manager told me the store couldn't pay me the wage I was asking but could get close - and would I be willing to accept at a slightly lower rate? I told her I would be willing to consider it if the offer came with a clear career pathing goal. The interview seemed to go well and by the end I was told my resume would be submitted to the DM. I was called later that afternoon and told my DM phone interview was scheduled for the following day. The DM and I got along well. The interview was very thorough and lasted over an hour. I was told I'd be contacted on Friday with an answer. Friday came and I got the call telling me that the DM loved me, but couldn't pay me what I was asking. Then silence. No offer - not even a lower offer. I said I was sorry to hear that, but that I enjoyed getting to know her and the DM, too. She said they enjoyed speaking to me and the DM was going to keep my resume on file for when a store manager position came up. When the conversation was over, I checked LinkedIn and found three more store manager positions posted that day.

Interview Questions

• How would you keep up on all your tasks when there is only you and one other person in the store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lane Bryant (Dublin, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I walked in and had a quick interview with the manager. It was a quick interview because she was working on the sales floor at the time. She asked a couple of basic interview questions and I explained my answers in great detail. She hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for this position? Where do you see yourself in the future?How much customer service experience do you have?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lane Bryant.

Interview

it was fairly short and to the point - i discussed my experience and qualifications with the manager. She was very friendly and made me comfortable and want to actually work there as opposed to some managers who are constantly frustrated, and that shows in the interview.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in this position? how flexible are your hours? how did you like your last sales position?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lane Bryant in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was straight forward. Standard questions were asked. Felt very comfortable with the manager who conducted the interview. She put me at ease. Great environment and workplace. Excellent vibe! Manager was well prepared,concise and organized. Questions came from resume, experience, and store requirements. The interview was conducted on site at store, in managers office. Other staff appeared cheerful and happy with their work. Store was well organized, stock arrangements were precise and the atmosphere was great.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep current on fashion and styles? What resources do you use to do so?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lane Bryant (North Attleboro, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Was VERY short. I think the entire interview was 10 minutes and the manager was trying to rush me out the door because she had an appointment or something.

Anonymous Employee in Millville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lane Bryant (Millville, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

fast pace, easy questions, mostly questions about fashion. they are really big with store theft and knowing how to stop it.