Lane Bryant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lane Bryant

2.2

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lane Bryant (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Went in for the interview after about 20 minutes of discussing the position she told me that there was no Asst Manager Position only Sales. I felt very misled because there was an ad for a Management Position and I told that. She could tell that I was upset. The posting was very misleading and a waste of time. This was at Culver City,

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lane Bryant (Naperville, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Was offered the job where I was working before and was called for interview the next day interview was pretty simple it took twenty minutes. store manager conducted the interview.The next day I received a phone call and was offered assistant manager position. I was hired couple of days couple of days that involved a process where there were questions over the email I had to fill out.

Interview Questions

• What is your fashion statement? Do you read a fashion magazine? Describe a situation where you had to make a decision to resolve a problem? Customer service related questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lane Bryant in August 2016.

Interview

The interview questions are very specific to your performance and what you can contribute to Lane Bryant. They're based around customer service skills. They want to know how you work well with the company like most jobs do.

Interview Questions

• They asked you I work better in a group or do I work better alone.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lane Bryant (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for three store manager positions that were posted in my area. I was called a few days later by a store I didn't apply to and was told to call a fifth store to ask if she had any positions. Apparently there were no store manager positions available, despite at least three being posted on LinkedIn within the past week. I called the fifth store and was asked to come in an interview for an assistant manager position. The store manager told me the store couldn't pay me the wage I was asking but could get close - and would I be willing to accept at a slightly lower rate? I told her I would be willing to consider it if the offer came with a clear career pathing goal. The interview seemed to go well and by the end I was told my resume would be submitted to the DM. I was called later that afternoon and told my DM phone interview was scheduled for the following day. The DM and I got along well. The interview was very thorough and lasted over an hour. I was told I'd be contacted on Friday with an answer. Friday came and I got the call telling me that the DM loved me, but couldn't pay me what I was asking. Then silence. No offer - not even a lower offer. I said I was sorry to hear that, but that I enjoyed getting to know her and the DM, too. She said they enjoyed speaking to me and the DM was going to keep my resume on file for when a store manager position came up. When the conversation was over, I checked LinkedIn and found three more store manager positions posted that day.

Interview Questions

• How would you keep up on all your tasks when there is only you and one other person in the store?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lane Bryant (Columbus, OH).

Interview

phone interview, in person interview with 7 different people. received a call back several days after the in person interview and was made an offer. Began working at the office one week after the offer.

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Are you more analytical or creative?   Answer Question

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lane Bryant (Columbus, OH) in August 2007.

Interview

Employee referral for open position. It took 2 days for HR rep to call me. HR scheduled one on one interviews with 3 directors and 1 buyer. Whole interview process took 5 hours. Was made job offer 3 days after final interviews. Good HR rep kept the ball moving. Inside source ehlped.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Has your work ever been criticized or have you been told to improve your performance?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lane Bryant (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online in July, didn't get a phone call until late September. Had a phone interview, then in person interview. In person interview was with HR woman who I talked to on the phone, then a merchandiser from 3 different departments, and one merchandising assistant. One on one interviews, lasted about 3 hours total. Told me I would hear by end of the week, heard back 3 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing about our stores that you would change?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lane Bryant (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview first with the HR contact - pretty straight forward, mostly just covering your resume & skills. Next step was an in person interview at the Home Office with 3 of the current merchants & assistant merchants. Again, straight forward & no trick questions, typical interview questions. The interviewers seemed somewhat frantic as they were talking to me in between meetings but I guess that can be expected.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths & weaknesses?
      Explain what you think a merchant's role is?
      What is your greatest accomplishment thus far?   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lane Bryant.

Interview

The interview process took about four weeks in total. It was very clearly laid out and felt like it moved quickly. The recruiter was very kind and took time to check up with me and I had the opportunity to talk to employees working at multiple levels within the organization.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lane Bryant (American Fork, UT) in October 2012.

Interview

I interviewed at a Job Fair with the District Manager. We hit it off right away and I was offered the position right away. She was very professional and fun.

Interview Questions

• I was not ready to be asked how I felt about helping Plus Size women, as I am not one myself. The emotional pain some of these women are in is projected into their shopping experience and mood. I have been in retail for years and I think I dealt well with this question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was me telling them what I needed, and they met it. Hours are pretty easy to get regulated too as they employ many associates.