Lattice Engines Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 20 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lattice Engines

Lattice Engines

Application

I interviewed at Lattice Engines

Interview

Great experience in the office meeting numerous teammates back to back. Super casual and friendly. Nice conversation with current teammates as well as manager and CRO. Would recommend the experience.

Interview Questions
  • Why am I fit to be an SDR?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lattice Engines (San Bruno, CA) in Jun 2019

Interview

The initial phone call was direct with the hiring manager. Then he wanted to see if I had the technical chops so he had the CTO talk with me. I didn't have Saas background and was upfront with them. They said it wasn't a requirement but I am not sure if others in the team were aware based on the questions I got. I was called onsite to give an hour long presentation of a project I did and my learnings from it. Plus had 6 interviewers lined up for the day. On the day of interview, I am told that a 7th interviewer is added with not enough notice or regard for my time. I was able to adjust by already having some buffer (PM thinking). I had couple of folks coming in halfway in my presentation and now they are trying to catch up to what I have already gone through. The hiring manager was nice to help the team relate to their company. After the presentation, he walked me through their product for like 5 mins. The 1st interviewer was eng architect who started asking me questions on the Saas product that I got a demo for 5 mins. You wouldn't be able to answer them unless you have the product UX in front of you. His questions was around give me how you build this feature in the product. I asked if I can see the product again but he said, no just tell me what you would put in the BRD. He wasn't clear in his questioning and walked in late in my presentation. The rest of the interviews were good. One of the eng managers, Brian, was super nice, great to talk to and related to the challenges I described in my presentation and chat. The curveball was the new person added. He went over his time and kept asking me questions on UX. I am drained by this time since I had talked with so many people. I had to cut him and tell him that I think the last interviewer is still remaining and I had to leave after. The hiring manager came in last and gave me an overview of org and the system architecture. He was shocked that no one asked me any follow up questions from my presentation. He had specifically asked the team to do that. After 2 phone screens including the CTO, a group presentation and 7 in-person interviewers, I didn't hear back from them. No courtesy email from the coordinator or hiring manager, pure ghosting. As much as they interviewed me, I also learnt about them. The feeling seems mutual. Have the group panel members join on time or do not join unless they are key decision makers. You can cut down on the two phone rounds unless you will later skip some other interviewers. The onsite interview is long and does not need that many people talking to you. You should be able to judge candidates with a shorter audience. Avoid changes in the interview line up by setting the expectation upfront or asking if you can accommodate on another day (the candidates have also spent time researching the people and preparing questions for the interviewers). Get structured in the interview question areas (like some folks do execution, some do product sense and so on). Provide a response on your decision. Hoping this helps them mature, learn and become better in their interview process.

Interview Questions
  • How do you decide you should build on a feature when no product in the market has that capability?
  • How do you measure the success of a SaaS feature that you have built?

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

181 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Lattice Engines (San Mateo, CA) in May 2017

Interview

On-site interview with staff accountant, accounting manager, and HR manager. Everyone was very friendly during the interview. The duration was about 20 -25 minutes. Some basic interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strength and weakness? Tell me something about yourself. What is your goal in the next 3-5 years?

Lattice Engines

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lattice Engines

Interview

Be prepared to know a lot about the product. Culture fit is huge. The panel interview can get stressful, but most ask the same questions. Most of the people want to make sure you are a culture fit, as well as know the product and able to sell it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lattice Engines (Austin, TX) in Aug 2016

Interview

It was one long interview, about an hour and a half, with each of the Customer Success Managers and the current Customer Success Analyst. Each group of interviewers had a different vibe (first was just "get to know you" stuff, second and third were more typical interview questions). Everyone was really laid-back and loved the company. The office had a start-up feel. Overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever been asked to complete a task that involved a lot of ambiguity? How did you approach it?

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lattice Engines (Austin, TX) in Aug 2015

Interview

I had a case study followed by four separate interviews with the CSMs. Interview questions ranged from Excel skills to how well I can analyze data. They asked me to describe a data-centric project that I had worked on in the past.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about Excel formulas, pivot tables, and how well I know SQL.

Lattice Engines

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lattice Engines

Interview

The company contacted me shortly after I applied. There doesn't seem to be an HR department and a peer was handling the phone screening and interview scheduling. The job set up was vague and expectations were not set from the get-go (part time, temporary and the future of the role was unclear). Interview length and difficulty were complex considering the type of job. Company should be honest about the pay up front. The people are nice, but the company doesn't seem to know what it wants.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Lattice Engines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lattice Engines

Interview

Recruiter phone convo- brief Came in for an in person interview , with 4 different people. Great people and easy to talk to. You meet with two SDRs as well as the hiring managers. Great benefits and fun perks. Be prepared to exactly explain what lattice does and how they do it. It gets a little confusing.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lattice Engines (Boston, MA) in Feb 2015

Interview

My interview process with Lattice Engines was an interesting one, covering multiple interviews with the recruiter as well as many interviews internally. Speaking for the overall process it was very loosely organized, spanning over several departments and with different levels of employees. I interviewed with the Director of Pre-sales, two sales reps, two pre-sales engineers, the CMO, and the VP of sales. I had mostly positive reviews with the different members of the team, however, I was not happy with being interviewed by people that have little experience interviewing. I felt that the interview questions by those particular individuals were not professional and were not related to the work I would have been doing. Also, there were a few times that we had to arrange last minute interviews because "now this person needs to know more about you." Finally, after all these interviews and multiple trips to Boston, I was told that the direct hiring manager was starting the process to pen an offer letter pending one more interview in the company. After completing the interview I was told the same day that I didn't do as well in the final or the math questions and would not be extended an offer. Overall, I felt the process was disjointed and disorganized and was not impressive. Also, overriding the direct hiring manager made me feel that it was probably better off not receiving a position. Advice: Streamline your process, train your interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • The asked me to work through Archimedes principle. Essentially asking me what would happen to the level of a lake if a weight was dropped in it.

Lattice Engines

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lattice Engines

Interview

I had an initial 30-minute call with the hiring manager. Questions were standard for role and directly related to analytics space. A second interviewed was scheduled with a higher-ranking member of the team. This individual was somewhat unclear in his questions and lacked the insight on competitive advantage.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Interviews