Lazard Asset Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lazard Asset Management Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

Helpdesk Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview consisted of a 20-minute phone call from an IT manager, who started off telling me about the company and the position. Then, he asked me about my technical experience and my resume. The questions were rather typical and pertained to desktop support topics. There were times when I could sense the interviewer seemed annoyed with me, though I don't know why.

Interview Questions

• How would you use remote desktop to support a customer?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management in January 2017.

Interview

I applied as a software engineer intern but some how through the process the role was changed to an IT intern role. I thought the whole process was a bit disorganized in that HR wasn't clear on what was needed or the interview process.

For the interview itself, the interview was done through their online video software, no onsites. Questions asked didn't really test programming skills I thought that were needed for the caliber to be a software engineer. See interview questions below.

The interview process was 2 parts. First with manager. Second with another manager and the team lead. Questions were repeated from the first to second interview. One of the interviewers was very happy that his team was still employed and that they had free coffee which seemed like a red flag to me. It seems that the company puts tech on the lower end of their business needs. There were no coding or programming questions. Only HR and simple computer concept questions.

Also I had to email HR to ask what their decision was. Overall I would not apply here if you are a software engineer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They had an info session at campus and I gave my resume to them and got a phone interview? It was a pretty quick process actually. They just wanted to Make sure that you had am investing background and some financial experience

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was fairly quick. Phone interview with HR and phone interview with assistant to CEO. Then came into the office for interviews with a portfolio managers. Laid back environment and typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Gave a fair offer. Didn't have to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was pretty standard. 2 people interviewed me for on-campus recruiting at the same time, 30 minute interview. I applied through on-campus recruiting during winter break, got notified of an interview a couple weeks before the actual interview. Took a while for them to formally tell me I got rejected, but by then I had already knew.

Interview Questions

• Mostly skipped the behavioral questions, they tend to focus on pitching and defending your stock. I had a minor stock pitch competition I did at school on my resume, and wasn't expecting to be grilled about it as intensely as I was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly expedited at my school, which is a target for AM companies. Do the industry research aspect of the role, the interviewers had high technical abilities, but expected little in the way of knowledge of specific industries or finance in general. Most questions were behavioral in nature, which I assume to mean that most questions were asked in later rounds of interviews. Ultimately I believe that there were only two rounds.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management.

Interview

HR Folks were pretty keyed into making my experience in setting up the interview an attractive introduction to the firm. The initial interview was a bit strange - the room that had been reserved for me was commandeered by a team that I was not interviewing with. The principals that I was supposed to interview with were 30 minutes late and one of them left after 10 minutes. The COO of the group helped to start and keep the conversation going. The interview was more focused on explaining the team, the firm, the product and the clients rather than testing to see if my skills matched the job spec. The interviewers all indicated that they were excited to bring me back to talk to some other team members. After a dozen emails and phone calls to the Hiring team and the HR folks, I have yet to see an invitation for a second round after 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask many questions. It was more of an open dialogue and focused mostly on fit and behavioral.   Answer Question

EMD Sovereign Debt Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a first round phone interview. I then went to NY for an in person interview with the Managing Director of the EMD division. I did a power point presentation on a country as a potential fixed income investment.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

CERY slow process throughout despite the "rush" to get someone in the seat. Slow with the offer and getting paperwork etc. once offer was accepted. Interview process was high level, no technical questions. Mostly to see if you are a fit for the company team and have attention to detail. Be sure to quantify any sort of traits you name while interviewing with an actual accomplishment

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Be sure to read the wsj before coming in just to make sure you are up to date on world and market news.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hr is very tough. Be confident. Know what you want and why you want it. He is looking to find a weakness in what your saying, harp on that until your tired of hearing it, then change the subject.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lazard Asset Management (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Poorly set up and not organized. Seems to be interested in hiring only a certain type of people. Need to increase their reach and not be in an ivory tower.