Leica Geosystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 6, 2017

2.9

Online Marketing & Ecommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Norcross, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Initially it began with a phone interview like usual. And then I came in for an in person interview that lasted for at least 5-6 hours for my particular position.

Marketing Campaign Manager EMEA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

A one hour first stage interview met with the Marketing Director and HR Manager. Interview seemed to go well and was shown around the office as I left the building. I then did not hear a thing not even that I was unsuccessful. So left hanging. Then a different recruitment agency contacted me saying that my CV matched the job description and asked me if I would like to have my CV submitted for this very job!

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous work experience, outline your career achievements. What can you bring to the role.   1 Answer

Mine Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Talcher (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Talcher (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

By interview,& group discuss

Interview Questions

Negotiation

as per my experience company hire me.

Leica Geosystems Response

Apr 27, 2015 – Head of People Development

We appreciate you providing a review of your interview experience with Leica Geosystems. We are glad you found it to be a positive experience. Many thanks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Au, St. Gall (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Au, St. Gall (Switzerland)) in June 2011.

Interview

Pretty lean, some few technical questions asked.
    Overall the in site interview is very straight forward. They talk about their products, you can ask questions at any time, and propose solutions to certain problems they face.
    It is interesting per se, and very interesting if you had some kind of experience with image processing.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve the problem of the camera mount shaking while in flight?   2 Answers

Software Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems in April 2010.

Interview

The notice for interview is very rush. Only one day before the actual interview Not much time to prepare for it.
    There are 3 people who are in this interview. They will ask different type of questions. The future boss will ask the technical questions.
    The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems in June 2009.

Interview

Basic C++ test
    Write the result of some programs

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smoothly

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Gall (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (St. Gall (Switzerland)) in November 2016.

Interview

(For salaries read the last paragraph)

I applied online. Response was fast. Due to the distance a telephone interview with the Head Of Human Resources and two main developers was scheduled. Some basic questions related to my CV were asked and also a few technical questions, but no coding questions. After that, I had been invited to a personal meeting. Leica Geosystems told me in advance that they would pay my traveling costs (including hotel). They kept their promise. The actual job interview consisted of the following steps:

1.) Meeting with the Head Of Human Resources and two main developers. The developers asked technical but fair questions. Writing code was not required. The Head Of Human Resources asked typical HR stuff (see questions below)

2.) They told me in advance to prepare a presentation with some slides about me and a topic which might be of interest for the developer audience. Since English is the company language the presentation was in English

3.) Other developers asked questions about my presentation

4.) Lead developer showed me the company and products

5.) Final talk (also about salary) with HR

I declined this job offering because the salary was too low in my opinion. I tried to increase their basic offering, but salary negotiation is definitely not possible. The Head Of Human Resources spent up to 5 minutes explaining me why he will definitely not increase his offering. Everyone gets almost the same with small differences between Bachelor, Master and PhD. You should not expect more than 93.000CHF (~86.700€) with a Master/PhD. In addition to the salary I declined since I got the impression that there are most likely no career opportunities.

Manager Marketing & Kommunikation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Au, St. Gall (Switzerland)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Au, St. Gall (Switzerland)) in January 2015.

Interview

Der Ablauf der Gesprächs war sehr gut organisiert und professionell. Der HR-Leiter begann, mir die Firma und die Position auf sehr informative und strukturierte Weise vorzustellen. Ich wusste genau, was von mir erwartet wurde und was die nächsten Schritte waren. Ich habe gesehen, dass wir dieselbe Art von Firmenkultur ohne versteckte Fragen sprachen. Es gab keine Feedbacks und keine langen Wartezeiten.

Interview process was very well organized and professional. HR Manager initiaiting process introduce me to the company and the position in a very informative and structured manner. I knew exaclty what is expected from me and what are the next steps. I was sure that we are talking the same corporate culture language with no hidden questions, no feeback or long waiting times.

Interview Questions

• Habe ich schon in einem internationalen Geschäftsumfeld gearbeitet?   Did I work in the international business enviroment?   Answer Question
    • Welche Art Marketingprojekte habe ich betreut?   What kind of marketing projects I was managing?   Answer Question
    • Habe ich Erfahrung mit dem Projektmanagement?   Do I have experience in Project Management?   Answer Question

Leica Geosystems Response

Apr 27, 2015 – Head of People Development

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that you had a positive experience when interviewing for one of our positions in Heerbrugg, Switzerland. Welcome to the team!