Leica Geosystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Leica Geosystems Interview Questions

Interviews at Leica Geosystems

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems.

Interview

I got the interview through internal referral because I happen to know a friend who was working here, and he helped me pass resume to the direct manager and we setup interview time very quickly, and it is pretty straightforward process and the interview went smoothly

Interview Questions

• What type of animal would you be if you can become a wild animal ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (San Ramon, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I spoke with the hiring manager over the phone and then I was invited for the onsite interview process in San Ramon, CA. The onsite interview was one-on-one interviews with each of their team members including the hiring manager that he mostly spoke about his accomplishments in his life! Most of the companies have the courtesy to email you or call after the interview and let you know the outcome of interviews but I never heard anything from them!

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you visualize a circle (midpoint circle algorithm)
      Tell me how you remove elements of container A from container B (like how to remove the elements of std:vector "A" from std:vector B)   Answer Question

E-commerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Norcross, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview (~30 min), In person interview with Direct manager for the role (~1 hour), and then a third interview at their main Atlanta office in Norcross(I was interviewing for a role that worked out of the Duluth office). The final interview took about half a day. I met with HR, the VP of Marketing and the President for North America. Direct Manager and VP of marketing talked a lot about my skills and how I was suited for the job. Really straight forward interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. HR was really just there to answer my questions about the company. My interview with the President was the most laid back. He asked more personality questions, probably to get a better idea if I would be a good culture fit. I met with each person individually. Overall it was pretty easy. It was heavy on my experience and technical questions about the job but there were a fair amount of questions about my work style and personality as well.

Payroll & Benefits Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree Corners, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Peachtree Corners, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

First a pretty simple phone interview. Then I received an email inviting me to do a face to face interview. I came into the Peachtree Corners (Norcross) location and interview with 5 people. The interview took about 4 hours. After speaking to the 3 person, I was annoyed, tired and hungry. The person I would have worked under was very rude and not pleasant at all. At Leica they replaced the word rude with STRONG PERSONALITY. Thank god I didn't get the job, couldn't see myself working with those people in the payroll department. Its cool to be rude and have a nasty personality in the workplace there. P.S. The work STRONG PERSONALITY came from their employees describing the work environment I applied for

Online Marketing & Ecommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Norcross, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Initially it began with a phone interview like usual. And then I came in for an in person interview that lasted for at least 5-6 hours for my particular position.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Au, St. Gall (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Au, St. Gall (Switzerland)) in June 2011.

Interview

Pretty lean, some few technical questions asked.
    Overall the in site interview is very straight forward. They talk about their products, you can ask questions at any time, and propose solutions to certain problems they face.
    It is interesting per se, and very interesting if you had some kind of experience with image processing.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve the problem of the camera mount shaking while in flight?   3 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems in June 2009.

Interview

Basic C++ test
    Write the result of some programs

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smoothly

Software Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems in April 2010.

Interview

The notice for interview is very rush. Only one day before the actual interview Not much time to prepare for it.
    There are 3 people who are in this interview. They will ask different type of questions. The future boss will ask the technical questions.
    The interview lasted about an hour.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems in July 2019.

Interview

The interview lasted 30 minutes. It was a phone interview with a HR manager and two team leaders. During the interview we touched different topics. We started from my current role, then we went through technical questions about my background and project organization skills, and finally we concluded with my expectations for the available position.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zug (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Zug (Switzerland)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for a role in marketing communication but they actually offered me to be interviewed for a digital marketing role because they thought that my profile could fit better.

First call, 45 min with 3 people, many questions but all went smoothly. A few days later, I was invited on an on-site interview, so I took two days off to travel to Switzerland. I had a presentation and a business case to show. The presentation went well, many questions that I was able to answer. Then discussed about salary, company benefits, etc.

Two weeks later, they told me that they were very satisfied with my application and that they were about to take a decision. They asked me for academic records, diplomas and so no, plus contacts of ex and current colleagues for a feedback.

"We received a very good feedback about you from your peers, we will let you know within 2 weeks". That was basically the beginning of a never ending journey. They kept sending emails every 2 weeks by saying that they were facing some delays and needed more time to decide. This journey lasted 5 months, and meanwhile they kept posting the role on the internet. I sent many follow up emails and called, but they always ignored me. They disappeared completely.

I decided to call one more time after 5 months, even though I was totally aware that this was just a big scam and that they were just playing with me. Finally, the person who was managing this process replied. After stuttering and making up excuses, they told me that they won't fill this position. It took some time to see some honesty.

This is the first time that a company treats me this way. Lack of respect, they just wasted my time. Totally disappointed. Very bad employer branding. This isn't the way a company builds a reputation, talents will run away.

After this, I am sure I will no longer apply for roles at this company.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about you
      - Skills, current job
      - Negative and positive things about you
      - Why this role
      - How do you deal with pressure
      - Accomplishment you are proud of
      - Business case related questions