Leica Geosystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Leica Geosystems Interview Questions

2.9

Online Marketing & Ecommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Norcross, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Initially it began with a phone interview like usual. And then I came in for an in person interview that lasted for at least 5-6 hours for my particular position.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zug (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Zug (Switzerland)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for a role in marketing communication but they actually offered me to be interviewed for a digital marketing role because they thought that my profile could fit better.

First call, 45 min with 3 people, many questions but all went smoothly. A few days later, I was invited on an on-site interview, so I took two days off to travel to Switzerland. I had a presentation and a business case to show. The presentation went well, many questions that I was able to answer. Then discussed about salary, company benefits, etc.

Two weeks later, they told me that they were very satisfied with my application and that they were about to take a decision. They asked me for academic records, diplomas and so no, plus contacts of ex and current colleagues for a feedback.

"We received a very good feedback about you from your peers, we will let you know within 2 weeks". That was basically the beginning of a never ending journey. They kept sending emails every 2 weeks by saying that they were facing some delays and needed more time to decide. This journey lasted 5 months, and meanwhile they kept posting the role on the internet. I sent many follow up emails and called, but they always ignored me. They disappeared completely.

I decided to call one more time after 5 months, even though I was totally aware that this was just a big scam and that they were just playing with me. Finally, the person who was managing this process replied. After stuttering and making up excuses, they told me that they won't fill this position. It took some time to see some honesty.

This is the first time that a company treats me this way. Lack of respect, they just wasted my time. Totally disappointed. Very bad employer branding. This isn't the way a company builds a reputation, talents will run away.

After this, I am sure I will no longer apply for roles at this company.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about you
      - Skills, current job
      - Negative and positive things about you
      - Why this role
      - How do you deal with pressure
      - Accomplishment you are proud of
      - Business case related questions
      etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Campaign Manager EMEA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

A one hour first stage interview met with the Marketing Director and HR Manager. Interview seemed to go well and was shown around the office as I left the building. I then did not hear a thing not even that I was unsuccessful. So left hanging. Then a different recruitment agency contacted me saying that my CV matched the job description and asked me if I would like to have my CV submitted for this very job!

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous work experience, outline your career achievements. What can you bring to the role.   1 Answer

Mine Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Talcher (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Talcher (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

By interview,& group discuss

Interview Questions

Negotiation

as per my experience company hire me.

Leica Geosystems Response

Apr 27, 2015 – Head of People Development

We appreciate you providing a review of your interview experience with Leica Geosystems. We are glad you found it to be a positive experience. Many thanks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Au, St. Gall (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Au, St. Gall (Switzerland)) in June 2011.

Interview

Pretty lean, some few technical questions asked.
    Overall the in site interview is very straight forward. They talk about their products, you can ask questions at any time, and propose solutions to certain problems they face.
    It is interesting per se, and very interesting if you had some kind of experience with image processing.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve the problem of the camera mount shaking while in flight?   3 Answers

Software Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems in April 2010.

Interview

The notice for interview is very rush. Only one day before the actual interview Not much time to prepare for it.
    There are 3 people who are in this interview. They will ask different type of questions. The future boss will ask the technical questions.
    The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems in June 2009.

Interview

Basic C++ test
    Write the result of some programs

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smoothly

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. Gall (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (St. Gall (Switzerland)) in November 2016.

Interview

(For salaries read the last paragraph)

I applied online. Response was fast. Due to the distance a telephone interview with the Head Of Human Resources and two main developers was scheduled. Some basic questions related to my CV were asked and also a few technical questions, but no coding questions. After that, I had been invited to a personal meeting. Leica Geosystems told me in advance that they would pay my traveling costs (including hotel). They kept their promise. The actual job interview consisted of the following steps:

1.) Meeting with the Head Of Human Resources and two main developers. The developers asked technical but fair questions. Writing code was not required. The Head Of Human Resources asked typical HR stuff (see questions below)

2.) They told me in advance to prepare a presentation with some slides about me and a topic which might be of interest for the developer audience. Since English is the company language the presentation was in English

3.) Other developers asked questions about my presentation

4.) Lead developer showed me the company and products

5.) Final talk (also about salary) with HR

I declined this job offering because the salary was too low in my opinion. I tried to increase their basic offering, but salary negotiation is definitely not possible. The Head Of Human Resources spent up to 5 minutes explaining me why he will definitely not increase his offering. Everyone gets almost the same with small differences between Bachelor, Master and PhD. You should not expect more than 93.000CHF (~86.700€) with a Master/PhD. In addition to the salary I declined since I got the impression that there are most likely no career opportunities.

Manager Marketing & Kommunikation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Au, St. Gall (Switzerland)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leica Geosystems (Au, St. Gall (Switzerland)) in January 2015.

Interview

Der Ablauf der Gesprächs war sehr gut organisiert und professionell. Der HR-Leiter begann, mir die Firma und die Position auf sehr informative und strukturierte Weise vorzustellen. Ich wusste genau, was von mir erwartet wurde und was die nächsten Schritte waren. Ich habe gesehen, dass wir dieselbe Art von Firmenkultur ohne versteckte Fragen sprachen. Es gab keine Feedbacks und keine langen Wartezeiten.

Interview Questions

Leica Geosystems Response

Apr 27, 2015 – Head of People Development

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that you had a positive experience when interviewing for one of our positions in Heerbrugg, Switzerland. Welcome to the team!