LendingTree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

I feel that when a job goes through a process of interviewing you, they are a legit company. Phone, in-person with recruiter, in-person with the actually company was the process that I took.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions was about my experience in sales and them getting to know who I am and work in a team environment.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LendingTree in January 2018.

Interview

There was a brief informational phone call, and then a phone interview with a hiring screener. There were experience and resume questions, technical questions, and a long conversation about the company and its background. I did not get an offer due to missing the advanced mergesort/quicksort questions and general nervousness.

Interview Questions

• They asked about advanced forms of quicksort/mergesort, list vs stack, etcetera. Then there were some software engineering questions like singletons and polymorphism. There was also some questions about my resume and past experience.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process was about 6 WEEKS (from start to finish) and that was long and draw out for no reason. I would say that the people of the company are EXTREMELY warm and inviting, and passionate about working for the company which was a great sign!

I applied to the job around the end of January, and I received an email a few days later asking for a phone interview. I emailed the recruiter stating my availability, and I did not get a response from her until I had to CALL AND EMAIL her back.

The phone interview went well, and I was asked to be brought in for a 3 hour long interview that consisted of about six 30 minute interviews with 1 or 2 people on each round. The length of the interview can be a little off putting, but the people you will interview with are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!

I went through all six rounds of the interviews and the people were so knowledgeable about the company, they were warm and welcoming which helped my nervousness to subside, and though it was an interview, it seemed more like a conversation instead of an intimidating interrogation.

They showed me around the facility, and I left feeling great about the interview. (I've been on plenty of interviews and I just don't get too attached to a position, but I know that I put my best foot forward with this interview).

Two weeks go by and I have not heard from a recruiter; I had to call and email the recruiter back only to get a response by week three. I was supposed to be going on another interview, and that never happened. I was getting nervous at this point because this was going on the 4th week of the job interview and I heard nothing. I called and emailed again several times only to be told that I did not get the position.

I hope this does not deter anyone from applying because this company is fabulous and so are the people that work there, but the recruiters are nothing short of slack and unresponsive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What do you know about the company   Answer Question
    • What transferrable skills can you bring to this role?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with constant change in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • How do you stay motivated on a job where you will not be praised very often?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

They took me on a quick tour of the office and then sat me in a room labeled "Gotham City" where I had two separate interviews with the managers I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage having multiple projects to work on at once?   Answer Question
    • How would you feel about being bounced between departments?   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LendingTree in February 2017.

Interview

I didn't get past the recruiter phone screen. The call started with the recruiter telling me he didn't have much time, followed by his overview of LendingTree. Most of this information I already knew from my own research. He asked a few technical questions (it was clear this recruiter did not have a technical background.) At the end of the call, he told me LendingTree did not have set ranges for salary and asked what my current salary is. I did not disclose my current salary, which ended the interview process for me. I was left feeling like the recruiter only cared about getting me into his funnel, and that he did not care about the details my technical background, work experience, or capabilities.

Interview Questions

• How many simple queries can a database handle?   1 Answer
    • Name a design pattern   1 Answer
    • If a computer and a database are in the same room, how long does it take for them to communicate?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

Another LT recruiter no-call - seems scattered and unprofessional overall. Recruiter scheduled time, then didn't call, then didn't answer email about rescheduling. Just be warned there's a high probability you're wasting your time.

Interview Questions

• I'll call you Tuesday at 11?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LendingTree (Burlingame, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very smooth and professional process. This is by far one of the best interview experiences I have ever had, from initial screening call with recruiter to final onsite interview with the team.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendingTree.

Interview

For such a 'progressive' place, their office was dated & had a creepy vibe - & apparently, they're not down with remote work at their Charlotte location. 2 phone interviews, including one with the team this role would work directly with, & then a block of in-person interviews with people that this role wouldn't necessarily work directly with. First individual that I met with in-person clearly hadn't even bothered to print off or read my resume, only asked canned questions. Definitely didn't want to work at LendingTree by the time I left.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you failed on. / Tell me about a project that was successful.   Answer Question

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed by an hour in-person interview. The interview did not consist of formal questions, just review of resume. Followed up with recruiter and hiring manager by phone and email. Never heard back. There is no excuse to not get back to candidates.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to start   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LendingTree.

Interview

Amazingly considerate and quick process!
    Everyone was very understanding that I had another offer and finished my whole process in a week! Had skype calls, Whatsapp calls (was out of country for some days) and and onsite (4rounds).

Had