LendingTree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.7

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

I feel that when a job goes through a process of interviewing you, they are a legit company. Phone, in-person with recruiter, in-person with the actually company was the process that I took.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions was about my experience in sales and them getting to know who I am and work in a team environment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

Streamlined interview process - Initial screening with recruiter, Phone screening with an engineer, Onsite Interview (4 rounds). In each step all persons involved were very friendly and approachable. Had no issues scheduling the onsite interviews

Interview Questions

• Recruiter Screening - Generic background and work exp. discussions followed by simple language questions (mine was Java so got questions like 'What is boxing ; How would you sort a list of dates; OOP principles etc.'

Phone Interview - Basic Java Interview questions (What is final and finally etc.) and one or two small algorithm question discussion (like how would you check for palindrome; linked list reversal etc. )

Onsite Interviews - Whiteboard Programming questions (Easy to Difficult), System Design Questions   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

Another LT recruiter no-call - seems scattered and unprofessional overall. Recruiter scheduled time, then didn't call, then didn't answer email about rescheduling. Just be warned there's a high probability you're wasting your time.

Interview Questions

• I'll call you Tuesday at 11?   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Recruiter reached out and scheduled a phone interview the next day. Never called or replied to an email. Place is probably garbage if they can’t even get the interview process correct.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for a call tomorrow at 11?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Nice process :
    1. Phone screening with Recruiter
    2.Phone Interview (Technical) - (Asked projects and work experience and some technical questions on present language) .selected , called onsite interview
    3.Onsite InterView - Coding Test ,Test Review,Interview with CTO.
    Onsite interview took almost 4 hours meeting with different people and interviewing with them.

Interview Questions

• White Board Test - given scenario . how will you approach and use cases.   Answer Question
    • White board programming questions- Start with easy to difficult   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on 8/11/2017 and was given a phone call with HR on 8/17. Phone call consisted on talking about my background and some technical knowledge based questions for C#.

There was no followup or response after this interview.

Interview Questions

• What is Boxing? What are the advantages of Polymorphism? What is the difference between a Stack and a Heap? What is the difference between a Process and a Thread?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LendingTree (Burlingame, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very smooth and professional process. This is by far one of the best interview experiences I have ever had, from initial screening call with recruiter to final onsite interview with the team.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendingTree (Gurnee, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Elayna Trull, HR, called me in for a face to face interview regarding a Graphic Designer position they have posted. I was a perfect fit for this position having over 8 years of experience in all the key job responsibilities they were searching for. The interview went over 2 hours and I spoke with several individuals. However after a week after the interview was taken I got a call from HR stating that they have changed the requirements on the job qualifications they are searching for. I drove over an hour for the interview process. It was a total waste of my time and effort. I highly suggest anyone searching for a position at LendingTree to think twice before applying.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time that challenged you in the creative process?   1 Answer

Software Engineer - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

3 step process:

• Internal recruiter phone screen
    • Engineer phone screen
    • In person interview

The job asked for 5 years of experience(I have less than 2) but since my github has over 1,500 commits in the past year and I answered the questions with the engineer well they decided to proceed.

Interview Questions

• Engineer phone screen questions:

1.) What is a closure?
      2.) What's the right way to share data between controllers/directives?
      3.) What is the dot notation?

In person whiteboard questions:

1.) Say you had an array of objects with 3 keys(name, apr and max_credit) how would you sort the array by apr in ASC order.

2.) Say you had the same array of objects how would you find the objects that apr are within a range?

3.) How would you check if a string is a palindrome manually?   1 Answer

Online Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LendingTree (Burlingame, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First round - phone screening with a recruiter
    Second round - 45 minute phone call with the hiring manager
    Third round - onsite interview, two 1 hr interviews then three 30 minute interviews. Consisted of small case study questions, behavioral questions, and questions about knowledge of online marketing.

I heard back in a couple days that they were moving forward with another candidate. I asked for feedback but never heard back from the recruiter. Seemed like an okay job but the hiring manager seemed a little aggressive - asking questions that put me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about any examples in which you have showed you are opportunistic.   Answer Question