LendingTree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendingTree (Gurnee, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Elayna Trull, HR, called me in for a face to face interview regarding a Graphic Designer position they have posted. I was a perfect fit for this position having over 8 years of experience in all the key job responsibilities they were searching for. The interview went over 2 hours and I spoke with several individuals. However after a week after the interview was taken I got a call from HR stating that they have changed the requirements on the job qualifications they are searching for. I drove over an hour for the interview process. It was a total waste of my time and effort. I highly suggest anyone searching for a position at LendingTree to think twice before applying.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time that challenged you in the creative process?   1 Answer

Online Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LendingTree (Burlingame, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First round - phone screening with a recruiter
    Second round - 45 minute phone call with the hiring manager
    Third round - onsite interview, two 1 hr interviews then three 30 minute interviews. Consisted of small case study questions, behavioral questions, and questions about knowledge of online marketing.

I heard back in a couple days that they were moving forward with another candidate. I asked for feedback but never heard back from the recruiter. Seemed like an okay job but the hiring manager seemed a little aggressive - asking questions that put me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about any examples in which you have showed you are opportunistic.   Answer Question

Software Engineer - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

3 step process:

• Internal recruiter phone screen
    • Engineer phone screen
    • In person interview

The job asked for 5 years of experience(I have less than 2) but since my github has over 1,500 commits in the past year and I answered the questions with the engineer well they decided to proceed.

Interview Questions

• Engineer phone screen questions:

1.) What is a closure?
      2.) What's the right way to share data between controllers/directives?
      3.) What is the dot notation?

In person whiteboard questions:

1.) Say you had an array of objects with 3 keys(name, apr and max_credit) how would you sort the array by apr in ASC order.

2.) Say you had the same array of objects how would you find the objects that apr are within a range?

3.) How would you check if a string is a palindrome manually?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Incredibly buttoned up team and process. They were very considerate of my time in scheduling the interviews with some changes in schedules on their end, too. Very smart bunch of people who asked really good questions making it engaging and honestly fun. I left their offices mentally energized and thinking about their business vs exhausted. Each person was highly passionate about their role and LendingTree's culture and future. It was also clear that everyone who interviewed me connected beforehand to determine who would focus on different areas so I wasn't being asked the same questions or assessed on the same thing with each person. More companies should do this. All in all, great experience and says a lot about what it would be like to work there; respectful and sharp people, thoroughness in approach and consideration.

Interview Questions

• I was given a few scenarios and asked to walk through how I would tackle them, i.e. assessing my ability to do mental math and how I think about and approach situations.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process was about 6 WEEKS (from start to finish) and that was long and draw out for no reason. I would say that the people of the company are EXTREMELY warm and inviting, and passionate about working for the company which was a great sign!

I applied to the job around the end of January, and I received an email a few days later asking for a phone interview. I emailed the recruiter stating my availability, and I did not get a response from her until I had to CALL AND EMAIL her back.

The phone interview went well, and I was asked to be brought in for a 3 hour long interview that consisted of about six 30 minute interviews with 1 or 2 people on each round. The length of the interview can be a little off putting, but the people you will interview with are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!

I went through all six rounds of the interviews and the people were so knowledgeable about the company, they were warm and welcoming which helped my nervousness to subside, and though it was an interview, it seemed more like a conversation instead of an intimidating interrogation.

They showed me around the facility, and I left feeling great about the interview. (I've been on plenty of interviews and I just don't get too attached to a position, but I know that I put my best foot forward with this interview).

Two weeks go by and I have not heard from a recruiter; I had to call and email the recruiter back only to get a response by week three. I was supposed to be going on another interview, and that never happened. I was getting nervous at this point because this was going on the 4th week of the job interview and I heard nothing. I called and emailed again several times only to be told that I did not get the position.

I hope this does not deter anyone from applying because this company is fabulous and so are the people that work there, but the recruiters are nothing short of slack and unresponsive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What do you know about the company   Answer Question
    • What transferrable skills can you bring to this role?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with constant change in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • How do you stay motivated on a job where you will not be praised very often?   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LendingTree in February 2017.

Interview

I didn't get past the recruiter phone screen. The call started with the recruiter telling me he didn't have much time, followed by his overview of LendingTree. Most of this information I already knew from my own research. He asked a few technical questions (it was clear this recruiter did not have a technical background.) At the end of the call, he told me LendingTree did not have set ranges for salary and asked what my current salary is. I did not disclose my current salary, which ended the interview process for me. I was left feeling like the recruiter only cared about getting me into his funnel, and that he did not care about the details my technical background, work experience, or capabilities.

Interview Questions

• How many simple queries can a database handle?   1 Answer
    • Name a design pattern   1 Answer
    • If a computer and a database are in the same room, how long does it take for them to communicate?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Initial HR and hiring manager discussions were fairly standard - focusing primarily on background, recent experience, and behavioral questions. Met with several team members in Charlotte office, all of whom were very pleasant.

From there, the process became fairly disjointed. A week later, a phone interview was scheduled with an indirect manager who was fairly disengaged during a half hour conversation. A week later, phone interviews were scheduled with multiple C-level executives, each of which were concise and focused more on problem solving scenarios rather than personal background.

After HR screening, in-person interviews, and three follow-up interviews, the communication then abruptly stopped. Despite reaching out several times, I never was given a decision. I have no hard feelings if it wasn't the right fit or if there were organizational changes, however, I found the lack of courtesy to respond after I'd invested considerable time to be very off-putting. Based on other reviews, this may have been an isolated incident of disorganization, but frustrating nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the skill set of a good product manager?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through the process of developing a new product feature from ideation through launch   Answer Question

Desktop Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

They really like to get to know you as a person and let your resume speak for itself. Mines was four 30 min interviews. Most of them was asking me about myself and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• What troubleshooting steps would you take to find out why a user cannot connect to the internet?   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LendingTree in June 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview only. Process was quite simple. Interviewer had a certain personality in mind and I did not fit that mold. I would recommend the phone interview as first step. It allowed me to determine that this may not be the job for me.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LendingTree.

Interview

Amazingly considerate and quick process!
    Everyone was very understanding that I had another offer and finished my whole process in a week! Had skype calls, Whatsapp calls (was out of country for some days) and and onsite (4rounds).

Had