LendingTree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LendingTree Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2018

2.8

Internal Controls Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendingTree.

Interview

1. Phone screen (it's very short so make sure you know exactly why you're interested and what your goals are)
    2. Interviews (Varies per position, but I had 2 interviews after the screen)

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LendingTree (Burlingame, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

HR Screen, Hiring Manager Phone Call, Additional Phone Call, Onsite with multiple individuals on the team that had 4-5 interviews in total.
    I had a decent experience overall, but left with the impression the company/office was disorganized. No one greeted me on arrival to the in person interview (just a sign that said "lunch", and the first interviewer was late coming back from lunch so I began with an different person than scheduled.

Upon completion of the final round interview I was told they could give me a quick turnaround, yet after two weeks of hearing nothing (and receiving an alternative offer) I had to reach out to them directly, in which case it was still a few more days before I heard anything. Ultimately they went with another candidate, which is fine, but based on my professional experience and hiring /interview experience, this type of lack of communication and disorganization should never happen if you are trying to get top talent (which can be particularly difficult in SF bay area).

Overall I had a good experience with those I met. They were all highly intellectual and pleasant individuals with solid professional experience. I would recommend going through with the process and seeing what you think.

Advice to management: How you communicate with final round candidates is important. This includes prompt communication and also little things like having someone ready to greet the interviewee on arrival.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at lendingtree?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Case Questions
      Market sizing-general market sizing of random questions such as how many gas stations in US?
      Quick SQL test. Given two tables asked how to query between them.
      Larger case study-typical format, 45 minutes. Intermediate difficulty.   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

LendingTree had a pretty incredible interview process where you feel you're valued and they're interested in placing you in the perfect position that will create the most value for both parties (you and the company)

I applied online for a Product Analyst role.

2-4 weeks, I received an email from HR to schedule a phone screening with the recruiter. The recruiter was incredibly knowledgeable on the teams and in fact a bit technical.

Within days of the phone screening, I have a second round interview with a product manager on the team for about 30 minutes to 1 hour (mostly behavioral with brief product sense questions)

Within one week from 2nd round, I was notified to schedule an on-site interview. On site interview was about 3 hours with 5 different parties (2 squads).

After one week of the on-site interview, I was given my offer as well as time to make my decision.

Interview Questions

• Q: If I have 12 products and 8 spots for these 12 products on my website, how many variations can I have?   1 Answer

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

I feel that when a job goes through a process of interviewing you, they are a legit company. Phone, in-person with recruiter, in-person with the actually company was the process that I took.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions was about my experience in sales and them getting to know who I am and work in a team environment.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

Streamlined interview process - Initial screening with recruiter, Phone screening with an engineer, Onsite Interview (4 rounds). In each step all persons involved were very friendly and approachable. Had no issues scheduling the onsite interviews

Interview Questions

• Recruiter Screening - Generic background and work exp. discussions followed by simple language questions (mine was Java so got questions like 'What is boxing ; How would you sort a list of dates; OOP principles etc.'

Phone Interview - Basic Java Interview questions (What is final and finally etc.) and one or two small algorithm question discussion (like how would you check for palindrome; linked list reversal etc. )

Onsite Interviews - Whiteboard Programming questions (Easy to Difficult), System Design Questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LendingTree in January 2018.

Interview

There was a brief informational phone call, and then a phone interview with a hiring screener. There were experience and resume questions, technical questions, and a long conversation about the company and its background. I did not get an offer due to missing the advanced mergesort/quicksort questions and general nervousness.

Interview Questions

• They asked about advanced forms of quicksort/mergesort, list vs stack, etcetera. Then there were some software engineering questions like singletons and polymorphism. There was also some questions about my resume and past experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

Another LT recruiter no-call - seems scattered and unprofessional overall. Recruiter scheduled time, then didn't call, then didn't answer email about rescheduling. Just be warned there's a high probability you're wasting your time.

Interview Questions

• I'll call you Tuesday at 11?   1 Answer

Creative Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter that lasted about 20 minutes. I received an email later that day to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person portion was two hours total and consisted of four 30-minute interviews with four different people.

Interview Questions

• What project management tools do you have experience with?
      What do you know about LendingTree?
      What experience do you have using automation tools or plugins to reduce manual project management?
      One interviewer asked me to role play a few scenarios a PM on the team would likely find themselves in.
      What types of things do you do for fun outside of work?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Recruiter reached out and scheduled a phone interview the next day. Never called or replied to an email. Place is probably garbage if they can’t even get the interview process correct.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for a call tomorrow at 11?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LendingTree (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Nice process :
    1. Phone screening with Recruiter
    2.Phone Interview (Technical) - (Asked projects and work experience and some technical questions on present language) .selected , called onsite interview
    3.Onsite InterView - Coding Test ,Test Review,Interview with CTO.
    Onsite interview took almost 4 hours meeting with different people and interviewing with them.

Interview Questions

• White Board Test - given scenario . how will you approach and use cases.   Answer Question
    • White board programming questions- Start with easy to difficult   Answer Question