LendingTree Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
LendingTree Chairman and CEO Doug Lebda
Doug Lebda

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance is great with the unlimited vacation (in 8 reviews)

• Beerie at work, stocks, personal trainer, TWC arena suite, bonus, unlimited PTO, plus much morea (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • LT is growing quickly so there is always work to be done (in 4 reviews)

1. "Loving my job so far"

I have been working at LendingTree full-time

Pros

Started a few months ago. It's a challenging environment where I'm never bored. I'm constantly learning, growing, getting frustrated, but becoming better for it. If you like being the smartest person in the room, you won't like it here - everyone is smart and motivated to get things done. Your input is valued here, but you're also expected to take the reins very early on. Feeling out of my depth is a pretty regular occurrence but making mistakes is ok as long as you learn from them. Coming from a place where you were blamed if you failed but given no resources to be successful, it's a big change.

Cons

Onboarding is chaotic. It likely depends on your manager, but expectations aren't really clear other than getting down to work. Again, everyone's supportive and ok if you make mistakes but it would help to have some more formalized training.

Advice to Management

Put some processes in place to formally educate new hires sooner. Make sure managers have planned ahead for onboarding.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-great environment
    -sweet benefits
    -very flexible around people and schedules
    -company is exploding

Cons

-normal bureaucracy issues that slows things down

3. "Customer Care Representative"

Current Employee - Inbound Call Center Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Inbound Call Center Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent commission
    Flexible schedule
    Access to company suite (box seats) during events or concerts

Cons

Can be mentally and/or emotionally draining
    Bad location
    No cohesion between departments

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people not a number

4. "Culture Shock: Toxic and Tense Work Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at LendingTree full-time

Pros

They have $3 catered lunches, a popcorn machine, no dress code, free bagels on Friday’s. My job duties were repetitive but straightforward. I also worked with several sincerely, genuine people during my time of employment.

Cons

LendingTree is well-known for its laid-back, stress free work environment. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case for its outbound team at the contact center department. Many changes have been implemented in a very short period of time since the previous senior manager and supervisor were promoted. This includes changes in management (i.e. senior manager and immediate supervisors), inconsistency in following new policies and call procedures, but most importantly the company culture.

Tensions are high. Morale is low. Performance Improvement Plans(PIP) are delivered to multiple agents for reasons which appear to be subjective. A company or even a single department experiencing growing pains is understandable, but it seems like this tolerance for unethical behavior will persist. Although the company itself is considered successful (LendingTree stock is soaring). The future of the contact center (outbound team) remains uncertain.

Advice to Management

Advice to management: Listen to your employees without being defensive, especially the agents who have been working in the contact center the longest. Their feedback is indispensable. Strong leadership should focus on positive reinforcement as well as constructive criticism, not nitpicking.

"So far so good"

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has been growing a lot and equity is given to all employees, which has turned into a lot of money for someone at the place I am in my career. Unlimited PTO (my manager lets me take off as much as I want which is often). There is always work to be done and something new to work on! Culture is really casual which I appreciate.

Cons

Catered lunches are worse than public school cafeteria food. They also don't hire enough people. It's not the recruiters fault they don't budget for enough people and try to keep it lean. Also no real room for promotion since it's such a flat company.

Advice to Management

Try to preserve culture as the growth continues

"Software Engineer Review"

Former Employee - Software Engineer-II in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Software Engineer-II in Charlotte, NC

I worked at LendingTree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed working environment, unlimited PTO (kinda), relatively high level of autonomy to work when and where. Free beer!

Cons

Cliques that are difficult to penetrate. Everyone stays to their own kind, and if you happen to be an outsider, it is difficult to foster good working relationships with your peers. Seems like, at least in Engineering, they've been hiring the same person for the past 10 years. (i.e. white male with 5-10 years of .NET experience. ) and use offshore resources to augment staff.

Advice to Management

Diversity is not a problem here. But diversity without inclusion can make employees feel isolated.
    Also, the company could be missing out on a lot of talent and unique perspectives by not fostering the careers of up and coming engineers.

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work hard - play hard. You're given the tools to succeed within your role and given the opportunity to have fun while doing it. Events to keep employees happy, communication from executive team, perks (suite tickets, on-site lunch, snacks, etc.). Many employees are loyal to the company.

Cons

LT is growing quickly so there is always work to be done.

LendingTree Response

Jun 13, 2017 – Director, Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad to hear you are happy and enjoying LendingTree after 3 years. We appreciate your dedication.

8. "Loving it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LendingTree has a relaxed yet driven attitude and environment. We're given the tools, resources, and freedom to work as we need to in order to create truly great products! Management expects results, but they allow great flexibility in achieving these - in short, they treat employees with respect as adults.

The company is also doing very well from an overall performance standpoint, and they're positioned very well for the future.

Cons

Hard work is what drives the growth and success of the company, and this work and the hours can take a toll. But management and the company as a whole work to support employees through this in various, helpful ways. There are lots of perks and pluses provided to make work life comfortable and productive.

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of your employees, and they'll take care of LendingTree!

"Don't care about employees"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at LendingTree full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked in customer care, which is the least appreciated department. The CEO, Doug Lebda, didn't even realize that department even existed after the layoff in 2009.

Cons

No job security, no respect from the "other" side, they don't care about employees opinions and they're treated like pawns.

Advice to Management

Don't just pretend to care about customers and employees.

10. "Outbound Contact Center"

Current Employee - Outbound Contact Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Outbound Contact Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lending Tree offers a relaxed work environment. As long as you do your job properly you can enjoy the down time you have through the day. Management is understanding and willing to work with employees. As the business continues to grow the company offers room for personal growth as well.

Cons

The job can be repetitive but that is how it is with all contact centers.

LendingTree Response

Jun 13, 2017 – Director, Recruiting

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad that you enjoy the culture within our contact center. We are excited to be growing and love watching our employees grow with us!