LendingTree Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
LendingTree Chairman and CEO Doug Lebda
Doug Lebda

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance, ability to work cross functionally, opportunity for growth and exceptional diversity in the work force (in 10 reviews)

• All in all, you really feel like this is a positive work environment even as the company continues to scale and grow (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Customer service / contact center department employees would appreciate more reviews for an opportunity to have an increase in hourly pay (in 3 reviews)

• A cubicle-like work space (Charlotte specific) (in 5 reviews)

"Motivated. Open and friendly culture."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very easily approachable. Even before joining in I had got in touch and received tips and advice from few employees.

Everyone seems to love coming to work. Good benefits and compensation.

High growth and rapidly expanding, hence ton of opportunities in tech sector. Good interviewing structure.

Talented peers in software engineering !!

Cons

Smaller office and location in Charlotte would be a con (somewhat) but we are moving to brand new offices soon !!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and preserve this culture of meritocracy !!!

2. "LendingTree Exceeds High Expectations"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The teams are very friendly and extremely dedicated.
    -High levels of collaboration across departments.
    -Very clear and open communications from upper management (not often the case at previous organizations I've worked for).
    -Relaxed environment (only possible because motivation throughout the organization is high enough that "pressuring" isn't necessary).
    -A place of learning. Always learning new and unexpected ways to improve your own job (i.e. as a writer/marketer I've been taught bits of HTML (by Dev Ops) to allow for easier/quicker content testing (perfect for smaller optimizations rather than full scale shifts).

Cons

-Not a workplace that offers a big city environment as most locations are outside of the city centers (not specifically a con, but I know a lot of young professionals like to start in that type of environment as I did when I first got out of college. Definitely healthier and more beautiful though, where its easier to get life balance.)
    -A cubicle-like work space (Charlotte specific). If you can't stand that, there's public area so you can work around it and there's even the ability to work full-time remote, but definitely still cubicle-like.

Advice to Management

-Relaxed (as much as any high performance business can be) and Motivational is definitely the way to keep going.

3. "Excellent company to work for!"

I have been working at LendingTree full-time

Pros

- Top Notch interviewing and onboarding experience
    - Fantastic people and culture
    - Everyone from CEO down is accessible, and wants to interact with the employees
    - Great atmosphere centered on strong values and teamwork
    - Charlotte specific, love the central Town Hall area (and lunches!)

Cons

- While Charlotte is currently spread across 3 buildings, there are plans to have everyone under one roof soon.

Advice to Management

Love the determination to constantly evolve the company internally and externally. Never be complacent!

4. "Fantastic Company!"

I have been working at LendingTree full-time

Pros

Awesome company culture, given so much autonomy to get work done, treated with respect and like an adult with respect to work time, quality, and quantity. No such thing as "face time" - just get it done! I would highly recommend this rapidly growing company.

Cons

Corporate offices spread departments into separate buildings, but a solution is in the works to reunite all departments under one roof again. Don't work here if you want a dog-eat-dog competitive environment.

Advice to Management

Don't give in to conforming to typical corporate norms - stay unique

5. "Best Place to work in Charlotte"

Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Culture: Really awesome culture where your work will be recognized. I have never worked for company who cares so much about their people.
    - I really like that senior management allows you to run your team without micromanaging which helps avoid the typical call center environment.
    - Benefits are amazing!

Cons

Really wish we could get one big building so that the contact center is not separated from the rest of the lendingtree team.

6. "outbound"

Former Employee - Outbound
    Former Employee - Outbound

Pros

they have no dress code

Cons

managers have no rules to abide by when it comes to the reps. sloppy

Advice to Management

i wouldn't help them if i could

7. "Overview"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at LendingTree full-time

Pros

A lot of smart people. Flexible work schedule. Salary.

Cons

Little job security. They treat employees as machines; if the "return" on you is less than some expected amount, they will have no problem replacing you with someone else.

Advice to Management

Treat people more humanely. Company profit should not be the only thing you care about.

"Wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Editor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Editor in New York, NY

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, friendly people, lots of folks willing to help. I work on the content side of the business so I can't speak to sales or any other department.

Amazing attention to detail at the employee level -- there's a big emphasis on employee development, and it's clear HR really cares about investing in people and they encourage managers to do the same.

For example, a big part of the review process involves designating which employees have potential for more responsibilities (raise/promotion, etc) and throughout the year there are trainings available to improve the way teams work together.

All in all, you really feel like this is a positive work environment even as the company continues to scale and grow. That may have to do with the fact that the recession hit them so hard and yet they survived. You can tell they really appreciate that and that they know what's at stake if they fall on hard times again.

You just have to take one look at its stock value to tell how smart management is and that level of optimism definitely trickles down to morale.

They also give you a lot of freedom to do what you are good at -- there's not really anyone standing in your way if you've been entrusted with a project or a team. Most folks just want to know how they can help you succeed.

Cons

-Since our office is not located in Charlotte, we don't benefit from some of the perks at the Charlotte headquarters, like lunch, access to a gym, etc.

"High growth company with a ton of opportunity"

I have been working at LendingTree full-time

Pros

- Rapidly growing company. LendingTree is growing organically and through acquisitions. And all of that growth creates more products, more roles and more opportunities.
    - Flat organizational structure: the revenue per employee metric should give you a sense of how much the company does with so few people. No fancy private offices - we are all in an open floor-plan and there is easy access to senior management.
    - Our products help people save money. The tagline is "when banks compete you win." And the people here are trying to do for money what has already been done for travel: make comparison shopping easy, and help people save a ton of money.
    - And the stock price isn't bad either: although most people don't talk / pay attention to the stock price, it is nice to know that the market is recognizing LendingTree.

Cons

Rapidly growing company: In aggregate, a hyper-growth company creates more opportunities than risks. But there are inevitable challenges that arise when a company is growing this quickly. Just know your personality: if you want to work in a place where there is a ton of process, procedure and consistency, this isn't the place. If you are a self-starter and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty or do something for the first time, you will like it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - and make sure, as the company continues to get bigger/adds more people, you continue to keep/invest in the culture that got us here.

10. "No, just do not"

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at LendingTree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Day one benefits
    Company provided snacks
    Super laid back dress code
    Super laid back with internet and phone use
    Commission
    Christmas party
    Company gives you cash to donate to someone in need for the holidays

Cons

Pay, no raises no matter how long you have been there
    No positive feedback, very little coaching
    Most of the management interaction will be for write ups and things you need to work on
    You are held accountable and marked down if someone tells you “No”, also if you are hung up on
    Highest conversion rate for sales in the industry
    Very little room for growth, hires through temp agencies