Lendlease Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lendlease

2.7

Assistant Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lendlease (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview process. Only gripe I have is that it took 2 months and the recruiter never called me I had to call them. I had a current employee refer me so my experience was different than the recruiter contacting me or me applying without any sort of insider. I interviewed with 7 people from 2 different projects. Everyone was very nice and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What do you know about lendlease?
      What is your biggest weakness?

Basic interview questions....   2 Answers

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lendlease (Dunwoody, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. I did an initial phone screen, and then had to drive in on 2 separate occasions for interviews with 4 managers and 1 executive. This is not unusual for a management role. Everyone was very friendly and respectful. Great overall feel for the office and people.

Interview Questions

• None were super difficult. A few key questions:
      1) Tell me about yourself (for the unprepared, this can be tricky. Answer succinctly and with business accomplishment focus... not your life story.)
      2) Why do you want this role?
      3) How would you improve morale on the team?   Answer Question

They did not offer any work-from-home schedule, even partial, for supervisors (which is understandable). I was interviewing with other companies that did. Also, I was looking for something a bit smaller where I can be involved in more innovation (vs. operations). This has more to do with me, not the company. Lend Lease seems like a great company and a good group of people. I was very torn. I would recommend Lend Lease to others.

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lendlease in February 2019.

Interview

Had a brief telephone conversation with someone from the hiring team, was told they would get back to me in a few days, but they never did. Think it was because I didn't have a driving licence, but this wasn't stated on the job application and I never would have applied had it been. Overall a waste of time.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lendlease.

Interview

Sidestepped HR by meeting with an exec who I heard was looking. Detailed reference check performed by this exec. Short interview that listed off expectations without waiting for detailed response on my part. Concern for longevity stressed - not using position to get experience and transfer to a different department. Entirely professional dress/atmosphere throughout the process; a conservative environment. There was never any doubt that the position was serious, even if the person filling it was not taken too seriously (meaning I was being offered an opportunity to jump when they said jump, not being offered an opportunity to be enriched personally as part of the team). This is strongly "us" and "them" culture between management and staff.

Interview Questions

• Was chided for listing a volunteer reference, this surprised me as my work there was exemplary and challenging. I did not expect to need so many business references.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a take it of leave it offer put on the table. It doubled my current pay at ghd time.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lendlease (Newark, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

A meeting was arranged over lunch to discuss and review the position that was being offered and to match my prior work experience. During the course of the interview multiple positions were discussed and new opportunities for possible advancement were considered.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving you current employer?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Describe your prior work responsibilities.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lendlease (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview was at their office in New York City. They provided food and went over the program and then we were split into two groups. First group did a group case study and then did round robin interviews, second group did vice versa.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lendlease (New York, NY).

Interview

The on-site interview is broken up into 2 parts. One part is 2 interviews, each done by a pair of employees. Another part is a collaborative group case study with about 5 other interview candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked something and you didn't know the answer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lendlease (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Round 1 on campus and round 2 in New York. 2 interview sessions and a group case study.
    The interviews were conducted by 2 pairs of employees. Overall, they were pretty friendly and spoke freely to the candidates before process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were thrown into the deep end and how did you deal with this   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lendlease (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. Company recruiter then contacted me to schedule a phone screening. The recruiter was very thorough in what skills the position required and what would be expected of the candidate filling the position. After successfully completing the phone screening I was brought into the office the following week. I met with 3 individuals who worked on the team in which I was interviewing for. Everyone seemed to be very professional yet laid back. I thought the interview went very well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lendlease.

Interview

Employee referral, the process took a few months because the building market was slow and the company was beginning to rehire its employees after they were layed off during the housing market crash.

Interview Questions

• Met with four senior level project managers, the whole process took about 2-3 hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

be prepared to negotiate salary