Leon's Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Leon's Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy. Simple questions were asked. Describe your experiences. Behavorial questions were asked. Leadership questions, sales experiences, conflict questions. As long as you are able to answer basic questions you will be good. Had to interviews. One was with manager I believe, one of them. Next one was with the sales manager, might have it with the General Manager. Mine was with sales manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toro (Colombia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Leon's Furniture (Toro (Colombia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very standard, very easy. nothing out of the ordinary. Nice manager and owner, secretary was pleasant. other staff were also helpful with questions I had regarding the position and the company which was nice

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not applicable

Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orangeville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leon's Furniture (Orangeville, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

calm and easy just wandered over my experience in furniture for the last 30 years. my background was exactly what they were looking for, for me it seemed like an easy fit.

Interview Questions

• who i worked for
      my background
      1 Answer

Front Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leon's Furniture (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Recieved a call a few days after applying. I realized during the first meeting that what I thought was an administrative assistant's position, I would essentially be a cashier. I have also read on glassdoor that many people in the same job have worked for years without a raise.

Two interviews and a background check performed by a private investigator for a job that only pays minimum wage? Seems a bit much. In the end, I did not take the job. I didn't go to college to be a cashier, maybe they should advertise the position for what it actually is and it will save everyone some time.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Leon's Furniture (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an interview call next day. The Interview is all about basic background questions. Then after a month I got call if I am still interested in the job, then they will pursue the process. after 2 weeks I got a phone call that i hired. The training were 1 week, then I went into floor. The overall expernce was pretty cool

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leon's Furniture in June 2015.

Interview

The sales manager had two of us interviewees together telling us about the job, mostly about how the pay structure works, 100% commission based. Wanted to make sure we would be interested in the position before a proper interview would take place. Only question asked was "tell me a bit about yourself?"

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leon's Furniture (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied both online and in-store, I asked to hand my application in to the manager and I received a call to come in for an interview the following week. The manager was friendly and made me feel comfortable, he asked about my relevant experience and what skills I brought to the table. Overall it was a very simple interview and I ended up getting the job.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would help you excel as a sales associate?   1 Answer

Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Leon's Furniture (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, merchandise manager called the next day to set up interview. First interview with merchandise manager, second a day later with the general manager. Second interview was mostly just to accept the job.

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Leon's Furniture (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Fairly easy going, they make you feel comfortable and was friendly environment. Will more than likely ask you questions like, "How did you hear about Leons/Why do you want to work here?", how you would deal with angry/difficult customers, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leon's Furniture (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

There were two interviewers and the managers were very professional however when it came to the actual hiring process, it took over 3 weeks and it eventually fell apart with no warning or explanation whatsoever. Extremely unimpressed with Leon's values and integrity.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how far backwards are you willing to bend to accommodate a strange shift schedule.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they unexpectedly 'un hired' me with no explanation whatsoever.