Leonardo DRS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Leonardo DRS Interview Questions

Interviews at Leonardo DRS

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leonardo DRS (Huntsville, AL) in February 2007.

Interview

Asked some technical questions on a white board and asked about what I did in school. I was interviewed by many different people. Two software leads at the same time. Then another software lead by themselves. Get ready though once you start it's all Vxworks and embedded coding so steer clear if that isn't what you like. The Manager of the department is nice but very stern. Be prepared to work overtime and to spend nights studying to learn the concepts as they don't give time for you to learn.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offer was great I didn't need to ask for more

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Leonardo DRS (Arlington, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I went through about 3 different form of interviews. I first spoke with HR in a behavioral interview over the phone. The second interview was a technical phone interview with the software leads. Having passed the first to interviews I went to an in-house interview to meet with the lead software engineers in a personality and technical interview.

Interview Questions

• How to represent a 2D multidimensional array in a single array implementation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Leonardo DRS (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview that was about 30 minutes within 4 days, and interviewed at DRS Technologies within the following week in 2015. I interviewed with 5 other engineering personnel from various backgrounds (Design Engineering, Test Engineering, and Software Engineering), which lasted all day. Make sure you have the day planned for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leonardo DRS (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Professional, interviewed about 4 people, and showed me around the facility. They mostly focused on my resume if they had any question. Also, gave me a thought invoking questions about signal to see my thought process.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Leonardo DRS (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Lots and Lots of paperwork, after that a fairly easy process. because of the DOD background in the company, it seems like everything is in triplicate. Most of the process is done online to fill out all the paperwork. and they will not even look at you as a candidate if you dont properly fill out the paperwork.. and it was very exhausting.

Interview Questions

• normal script questions, and then a few questions involving specifics, nothing too hard. they just want to know if you are perceptive.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Leonardo DRS (Johnstown, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying at a job fair at school, I was called a few weeks later to come in for an on site interview. The interview started with the HR rep and was followed by bringing in an engineering manager. The conversation was casual and not intimidating, which led to a tour of the facility. A week after the interview I was called back for a second interview which was very brief, then given forms to fill out required for hiring at the company.

Interview Questions

• What are some problems you have run into while working on a project, and how did you solve them?   Answer Question

Senior Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Leonardo DRS (Oakland, NJ).

Interview

Received a phone call to come in for an interview. Met the manufacturing manager and I was given an electronics test. After given the results, I was shown the facility. Was told, after the tour, that I would possibly be contacted in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why would I leave my current job to go to DRS.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was told the $$ amount over the phone. Then met in person to finalize the deal.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leonardo DRS (Washington, DC) in May 2010.

Interview

Took the interview after a cold call from a recruiter. The HR team was communicative and did a good job with the arrangements (flights, hotel, rental car). It was a 1:1 format in 45 minute to 1 hour sessions with each interviewer, 6-7 total. I had a great experience with the hiring manager and his supervisor, but two things became rapidly apparent: 1) the company was in a serious bind with some detailed engineering work and really needed another FPGA designer, not a systems engineer, and 2) there was a strong difference of opinion between the hiring manager and his boss, who came from outside the company and wanted to institute more systems architecture thinking and process, and the "old guard" at the company that didn't see the value in those areas. I didn't receive an offer but wouldn't have accepted regardless after seeing the internal strife.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, no curve balls. "Tell me about one of your failures" was actually a question I enjoyed the most, since I had some great examples that really interested my interviewer.   Answer Question

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Leonardo DRS (Dallas, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Replied to internet job posting, screened by internal recruiter/HR, phone interview with hiring manager, flew in for in-person interview with BD and Marketing Director/VP(?) and line-of-business leader. Office climate was odd...very quiet. Hardly saw anyone outside of their cubes. Very generic appearing space. Both interviewers were rather evasive to my own questions about the company, products, customer acceptance, etc...also odd. Seemed nice enough but didn't appear to have a real handle on the business plan. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• How would go about securing orders for products which may not be ready to deliver for some time?   1 Answer

Not comfortable with the culture or the management...or their chances of success. Had better opportunities.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Leonardo DRS (Tampa, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Overall easy and straight forward at DRS Technologies. Low pressure 1 on 1 interview with 3 different people. Drug test and full background check since they are a military contractor. It took a couple of weeks due to the background test. Overall, it was easy and worth the time spent. I enjoyed working with everyone there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in a stressful position. Go into detail about the situation, how it made you feel and how you handled the situation. What were the results of this situation?   1 Answer