Levi Strauss Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 21, 2017

2.4

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (San Clemente, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I met with the manager and was asked a series of questions about myself and my previous work experience. I felt very comfortable with the interviewer and she was very clear about the expectations for the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult experience dealing with a customer service issue and explain how you handled it.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Got a call from the store manager wanting to set up an interview and he told me to come in wearing my best Levi's attire. Came in and it ended up being a group interview. Basically we went in to the back and we sat down and the interviewee went around and asked us to introduce ourselves and say something interesting about us, then he just asked us some generic interview questions and told us more about the company and what we'd be doing. It was a very relaxed setting and was really chill.

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview

Phone interview followed by skype interview, followed by in-person interview. Process took about 4 weeks. Group interviews and individual interviews as well as written test used to determine who they pick for the position

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Levi Strauss in September 2017.

Interview

I met with 2 store managers, we sat outside the store and had a 30-45 minute interview about the the company, roles and responsibilities and their passions.

The following day I had a phone interview with the DM, 30 minute convo lots of questions about the position and why I was qualified.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't approve of someone's ethics and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Manager, Retail Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview

Very easy and smooth, but long. Started out with a recruiter reaching out, phone screen, phone interview with Director then an in person with 4 team members. Took a few weeks for a response due to further interviews with other people.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about working with a difficult person and we're you able to make it work out successfully completing the project?   2 Answers

UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Levi Strauss in August 2017.

Interview

My interview process was pretty simple and involved a lot of communication with the recruiter. You will also be required to sign a document saying you won't accept interviews or offers for 10 days while you are in the process.

1. Phone call with recruiter discussing more in depth my experience.
    2. Email sending resume and asking me to transcribe my experience.
    3. Group call with recruiter and head boss recruiter going over the role and why I would be a good fit.
    4. Another phone call and numerous emails back and forth with recruiter
    5. Group video call technical interview. This was about a 45 minute conversation asking me questions about the technologies on the application. It was very fair.
    6. A final interview with the hiring manager was supposed to take place, but was replaced with the recruiter last minute saying they were willing to hire me just for less money.

That was the process. I will say that on day one of talking with the recruiter I stipulated what my rate would be and before we began the entire process made sure it was within their range or for us not to proceed. After they talked to the powers to be it was agreed this was fine. It would be after a 3 week process on step 6 they would offer me less than what I stated on day 1. It was not a substantial amount less, but was more of a principal reason I was upset by this.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like how would you design a MongoDB database if you had a cities and restaurants in the city.   Answer Question
    • What is a package.json in regards to NodeJS   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It was a group interview with four other people and two employees. It was really casual and the employees asked a couple icebreakers and had us fill out forms about our availability before starting the interview beginning the interview.

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I felt the process in scheduling the interview was organized and very detailed. The room I had the interview in was very comfortable with a couch, tv, etc. I was quite impressed. Where it got very unprofessional was the follow up. I e-mailed my recruiter multiple times asking for the status and I never got one reply. As of today, I still haven't received any e-mails saying they decided to choose a different candidate and I interviewed with them 2 month ago. This is too bad as this recruiter represents Levi Strauss, so she makes this company look unprofessional. I have been in the industry for many years and rest assured I have told people within the industry my negative experience.

Interview Questions

• The issue weren't the questions, but the recruiter and her follow up skills.   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (Castle Rock, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

I walked in, saw this tall guy standing there, he was the first person I saw. I told him that I had applied and that there was an interview scheduled at four. Was pretty early. So he told me that the office was busy and to wander around the store or something, because he'd find me when he was ready. So I did. They were having a huge sale. I made a mental note of where the things were and such. From what I saw, everyone was very relaxed and staff was really helpful. Made a mental note of what they were doing and what they were wearing, wondered if it was Levi's. So then we went in the office in the back to interview. It was interesting. Then he asked me to go out and choose an outfit for him or myself, then basically sell it to him. I was sooo nervous, but that part helped me get my thoughts together.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect from a work environment?   1 Answer
    • I want you to go out to the floor, and pick out an outfit, for you or me, and then I want you to sell it to me.   Answer Question
    • Where else have you applied?   Answer Question
    • What questions do you have for me?   Answer Question
    • What do you believe is most important as a consumer in a store for the best experience?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any upcoming vacations?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you saw someone being deceitful.   1 Answer
    • What successes have you had at school and in extracurriculars and such?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time that you were late and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Who is your style icon and why?   1 Answer
    • What should we pay you?   Answer Question
    • Explain one of your recent successes, and what made it successful.   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite thing to do and why?   Answer Question
    • We have two positions, one out on the floor and one in the back.(explanation) Where would you rather be?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you worked as a part of a team and it went well. What was your role, and how did you contribute?   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied in store and got the group interview and they asked 3 qusetions about our prior customer service experiences and what we would handle certain situations also told us about the other employees