Levi Strauss Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (Ontario, CA).

Interview

The interview went by pretty quick, it was only 20 minutes. It was a group interview and 2 store managers. Was told to get a call by the end of the day if hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (Portland, OR) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call from the Store manager a week or so later to come in for a face to face interview. Very nice lady and she asked relevant questions regarding customer service, leadership etc. She was not working off of a script, she knew her stuff and clearly had many years of retail experience. Overall an excellent interview and a great company.
    They use a 3 tiered approach to hiring. You interview with the Store Manager, then if you pass you get a 2nd interview with another store manager. If you get past that you get an interview with a district manager. Then they all get together and decide whether or not to make an offer.
    The process unfortunately is just too drawn out. I applied for, interviewed three times and accepted a position with another company while still progressing through Levi's process. Had they been able to coordinate this better, I would have been happy to accept. But my other offer was with another very solid company so I did not let it pass on the hopes that Levi's was going to work out.

Interview Questions

• Several questions regarding my management and communications style as well as customer service, training etc. Just be prepared to give examples from your own experience.   Answer Question

If you have the patience for the process of getting hired its a great company! Go for it.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview

There are a minimum of 2 interviews. The company is looking for vintage or contemporary style conscious people to carry on the Levi's image.

Interview Questions

• You may be asked to sell something to the interviewer to show them you selling skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal. They will give you a low ball offer.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview

Super easy, straight forward interview. You need to ask for the pay you want or you will get the lowest end!!! Know customer service scenarios, they will give you hypothetical situations and test you to see how well you can handle awkward or challenging situations. They will also try to ensure you are knowledgable about the brand, aware of its role in denim and in fashion and that you work well with your team.

Interview Questions

• very straight forward, know customer service scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy going, not much resistance, open to communicating.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Met with two store managers. They wanted to know in depth about my background. They asked me around 20 questions. They made me fill out a background check. Then I was called by the district manager who I originally had reached out to on Linkedin. I met with him and he asked me about my background as well. No need to dress up. A Levi dark denim and shirt and tie helped me through this process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (Portland, OR).

Interview

Very casual. There were multiple people ahead of me being interviewed and the wait to interview took longer than expected. Once it was my turn, it was a panel interview with two of their store managers, in their stockroom. Most of the conversation was the ordinary "so tell me about yourself". At some point that had asked me about retail experience and if/what i knew about their companies product (jeans, apparel, etc.). Employees were easy-going, and management seemed lax. The store was slow and quiet so not sure how their personalities would've been if busy.

Interview Questions

• What did i know about their product? (jeans, apparel, etc.)   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Levi Strauss in January 2017.

Interview

Took 2 weeks for phone interview which actually was out of time frame that they told me it was going to be had to called the to see what had happened

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Levi Strauss in September 2017.

Interview

I met with 2 store managers, we sat outside the store and had a 30-45 minute interview about the the company, roles and responsibilities and their passions.

The following day I had a phone interview with the DM, 30 minute convo lots of questions about the position and why I was qualified.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't approve of someone's ethics and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The entire process took 2 months. First, I had a phone interview with HR then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Finally, a 2 hour in person interview with 4 people (the team).

Interview Questions

• During my final interview I had to show that I could read sales and inventory reports with mini-mock presentations.   Answer Question

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Too many cooks in the kitchen. The person I was reporting to was amazing. Then I had to interview with 8 different people I wouldn't report to. It was awkward.

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the head of the group and then and in person interview with some of the team and head of group (who hardly asked me anything at this point) and they ended up going with and internal candidate. This has happened to me more than once.