Levi Strauss Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Levi Strauss

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

great interview with basic interview questions. I applied online and got a call a couple days later. After the interview, heard back maybe a week or less later. Would look up jean styles if you dont wear them.

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Strange interview process. HM was basically a robot, rapid fire of tech questions you can find on interview websites that are unrelated to your experiences, then simply “bye” at the end. The role they are looking to fill encompasses 3 different roles, and between the HM and recruiter, it’s not clear what the expectations are.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (San Francisco, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

I had a very nice initial call with the recruiter and she connected me with a full-time product manager. That first interview went very well and I was able to gain insight into her role and the day-to-day operations. I was scheduled for one more call with another individual on the team I would be working on and then suddenly received an email from the recruiter notifying me that the company's CIO had just slashed the budget for this internship. This was before the COVID situation and had nothing to do with the currently hurting economy and I was distraught with the company's decision to cut this program months after beginning the internship recruitment process.

Interview Questions

Levi Strauss Response

Apr 22, 2020 – Head of Diversity & University Recruiting

We thank you for your time in the interview process. We apologize you had a negative experience. From a business perspective, headcount decisions are always amongst the hardest to make. Especially for our summer internship program, which is our flagship early-career program. This is pertinent because the intention behind the program is to extend full-time offers to interns at the end of the program that displayed success. When considering these factors, as it relates to the summer internship program it is really a multiyear budget decision. At times such as these, very difficult choices as far as maintaining and filling these roles had to be made. We appreciate you taking time to provide your feedback. Please reach back out to your Recruiter who will be able to walk you through this in more detail.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview

Simple group interview, did a tour of the store, out of a group of 4 only 2 of us were hired. Asked about availability which was how I got the job because of my open availability

Tailor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (San Francisco, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

I was contacted and interviewed by their tailor, then a followup interview with the store manager. I was then asked to hem and take in a pair of jeans to send to them for quality review.
    It took a while for a response, but I constantly emailed for weeks to be told that they just went with an instore promotion instead.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience fitting clients in clothes?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (Aurora, OH) in November 2019.

Interview

Very simple interview, asked basic interview questions. Just applied over the internet and got a call 45 minutes later with an interview and job offer the next day. Do not worry, do not be nervous, much like other retail job interviews.

Interview Questions

• A time where you felt you really went above and beyond your job at work.   1 Answer

Audio Visual/Video Conference Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (San Francisco, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Phone screen, Video Call with hiring manager, on-site with 4 related employees.

Many quirky things happened in their hiring process; so many that my wife was quite glad I didn't get the job, she kept saying "You dodged a bullet."
    Weird things include:
    - Recruiter offered me a very low pay rate for someone with my experience (but ok rate for newcomer). I said that rate wouldn't work, let's not waste either of our time. Recruiter asked what I wanted, I gave them my current pay rate. Recruiter wasn't sure if that would work, but then got back to me next day & said it could work. I asked if we could exchange emails confirming the rate, so I'd have it in writing, they were fine with that.
    - video call w/hiring manager their video didn't work. Rather than fix their video, they just did the whole interview w/my video working & their video not working. Didn't even attempt to fix. I felt very strange, but I acted natural & passed this hurdle.
    - Recruiter asked for my availability, I gave them my preferred dates & times. They selected my least preferred time (Fri afternoon). In one of the interviews, interviewer said "We all wanted to do a different time, but this was the only time you were available." I said, "No, I offered several times and this was my least preferred time." Interviewer, "Oh, that's not what recruiter said."
    - The recruiter emailed me day before my onsite, was WFH on interview day & had passed me to another recruiter.
    - Recruiter got me to room & first interview. They stopped coming by after 2nd interview, so I wandered the building to find bathroom & water.
    - 4th interview didn't show up. I was trapped in the room, but an attentive coworker came by and asked me how I was doing. I told them the 4th interviewer hadn't arrived, and that I wanted some water. They got me water & said "I'll make some calls." After ~ 30 minutes, they came back & said final interviewer wasn't on-site. "We have great work-life balance here", joking.
    - My f2f interviews were straightforward and simple. One person ran out of questions after 20 min's into 60min meeting. "Well, I guess that's all I have." Just to note -- I felt like all the f2f people were quite nice, but the organization of the company seemed flawed.
    - Half way through the interview, the IT lead explained how their IT is mostly remote in Texas, but their leadership is in SF & therefore they needed local exec support. I was suprised at just how much of their staff was in Texas -- so much that it seemed they had shorted themselves in SF. Interviewer said, "You should be willing to be flexible, to do things not in your job description." Apparently that could mean any kind of tech support, phone support, or general assistance. "Not a problem", I said. I'm used to Executives who can't even use a smartphone, but I wasn't sure just how technology challenged they were hinting at.
    - I got an email asking me to fill out a survey of my experience. I held off because the experience had been so bad, but I still hadn't gotten turned down. When I was finally notified (~2 weeks after on-site), I filled out the survey -- no doubt skewed even more negative.
    - I saw the job listed on Linkedin after the recruiter I'd worked with said I wasn't getting the job, "they had decided to go with an internal candidate". I called the recruiter back and asked for an explanation, they said the company had approved 2 openings & not just one. "OK, am I still being considered?" "Yes, I'll get back to you on Monday about it." Didn't hear anything on Monday, I followed up on Tuesday. Recruiter waffled & had no direct answer. I got a generic email Wed, "We decided to go with another candidate." Meanwhile, the job listing showed up again & it's showed up again this week (~ 2 months after I went thru interview process).

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager was very specific about how to fix a variety of problems with Lync / Skype for Business -- how do you fix call dropouts, audio & video out of sync, dropped calls, etc?   1 Answer

Retail Recruiting & Talent Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process started in November 2019 and ended March 2020. It was very disappointing that it took so long furthermore, I wish the follow up was more consistent rather then the candidate (me) wounding if my persistence follow up hindered me from the job. I will say the company is evolving to something great, It was awesome to connect and learn about a brand that has so much hittine heritage.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what do you enjoy about recruiting.   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Levi Strauss.

Interview

The group interview process is about ten people. They ask you to style your favorite celebrity in a Levi's outfit and to try and sell the interviewer a t-shirt.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Levi Strauss (Henderson, NV) in August 2019.

Interview

I had to chose which shift I was interested in working. I was asked to answer a few questions about my experience and work ethic. I was called in to be interviewed one on one and I was told attendance was very important and that there was a lot of mandatory overtime. I was asked if I could lift 60lbs and if I knew how to use a scanner.

Interview Questions

• what kind of relevant experience do you have?   2 Answers