LiveWatch Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at LiveWatch Security

2.6

Sort:

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LiveWatch Security.

Interview

Very indecisive, amateur, underdeveloped LW employees kept passing the candidate around the interview process.

All LW employees take an inappropriately long amount of time to follow up with the candidate (if they even follow up at all).

LW plays games with compensation and with salary expectations.

All LW employees, but especially executives, consistently miss interview times without any notification or explanation to the candidate.

All LW employees regularly demand reschedules in a disrespectful, abrupt manner.

LW employees in general are rude and inconsiderate of the candidate's time and bandwidth during the work week.

The LW workspace is grubby...very cheap and low rent. No interviewees would have pride joining an office that looks like that, in addition to the fact that it is in a dangerous part of town (even though there is allegedly an “unlimited budget,” with many options to relocate to increase employee satisfaction and the quality of talent attracted).

You can tell there is not much investment in employee development or care about career trajectory. There is no mentoring program or continuing ed opportunities. There is no plan for growth or how to develop throughout your potential career at LW.

All in all, a WASTE OF TIME

Interview Questions

• It was all very theoretical, nothing concrete was asked.   1 Answer

LiveWatch Security Response

Mar 29, 2017 – HR Business Partner

At LiveWatch, we understand it can be frustrating not being selected to join a Team. Many of us here can relate to being angry or hurt when we thought we gave our best effort, and yet fell short of... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LiveWatch Security (Manhattan, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

I went through four interviews with LiveWatch. The first interview went fine, and was standard. The second interview went good, but the lady interviewing me suggested I do sales rep instead of customer care.

I only did customer care, because I was in school and couldn't do full-time sales rep. I l told the company this several times, but they refused to acknowledge it. Regardless, I set up a third interview for the Sales Rep position. The man interviewing me was late, and interview was standard. I was told I would get contacted in two weeks about the job. When the time comes, he sets up another interview--a month later.

The fourth interview was a disaster. I come into my interview and have to wait thirty minutes before I'm told the man interviewing me (the same one from the last interview) wasn't going to be there because his wife had a baby. Instead of having someone call me to cancel and reschedule the interview, I end up interviewing with another guy. He asks me all the same questions I've been asked before and wastes my time.

What really disappointed and frustrated me was that LiveWatch sent a generic, automated e-mail telling me I didn't get the job a week later. I don't understand how they can decide not to hire me when one of their members couldn't show up for their interview.
    Also, the professional thing to do would have been to call me, apologize and then set up another interview, instead of having a computer do the work. I'm extremely disappointed on how things ended here and will not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were bare basic interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveWatch Security (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional and lack of communication throughout the entire process.

One phone screening with a recruiter who seemed rather uninterested during the phone call. Very generic get-to-know-you questions. Then a phone call with one of the hiring managers. Also very basic interview questions. Felt like they just needed to tic a checkmark that they interviewed me or something. Then I had another phone interview with the other hiring manager which had to be rescheduled a few days prior to the interview in a very abrupt fashion. This third interview lasted a whole 5 minutes. The hiring manager was very monotone and only asked me THREE questions the entire time. The people doing the interview did not coordinate or seem very well prepared as I was asked the same questions over and over.

The way that this company approaches its interview process must be a clear indication of what their culture is like. Sloppy, unorganized and rude.

AVOID.

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LiveWatch Security (Evanston, IL).

Interview

The interview process for me went like this. I originally applied through the job board, Indeed and received an email from their HR recruiter, stating that they liked my experience and background and would like to schedule a time to talk over the phone, we scheduled the phone interview two days later, and I spoke with a very nice recruiter, she made me like the company right away from just our conversation, she like me as well and scheduled me to take the next step which was a personality test, she sent that the next day and I took it, and I passed it and was emailed letting me know I made it to the next phase, which was an in person interview with the sales manager, that was scheduled for the following Monday. The in person interview I thought went really well! The sales manager had a great personality and he went over a few behavioral questions, but very relaxed! He like me so well that he invited me to stay to interview with the VP of Marketing! That also went really well, overall the interview lasted about an hour and 15 minutes! I asked the next steps in the process and he told me they have a few other interviews and will discuss who the best candidate is and go from there!! So I guess I was, because I was offered the position!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LiveWatch Security (Evanston, IL).

Interview

After my phone interview with them, I gushed to my friend about how good of an experience it was. I told him, even if I don't get the role, I would write a positive review on Glassdoor, then I went in for the in person interview.

Before the in-person interview, I applied online, heard back from the recruiter about taking a personality test, and then scheduled a time to speak. The recruiter went out of her way to make sure you could fit in an interview for my schedule.

I didn't think my phone interview was the strongest but the recruiter insisted I come the next day for an in-person interview with a sales manager. When I came in, people were playing ping pong and it seemed like a laid back place. The guys at the table said they would tell my interviewer I was there and immediately brought me a water.

My interviewer was so rude, I'm shocked he's a sales manager for the company. The recruiter I spoke with told me about how they pride themselves in creating relationships with their clients and being personable. This guy didn't even bother pronouncing my name right.

Before I could take off my coat, he started grilling me on my background, no small talk or anything. He stared at his laptop the entire time, and avoided making eye contact with me. Throughout my responses, I felt as if he was rushing me out the door.

I asked him questions about LiveWatch and his experiences there and he told me he was the top seller of his class, and how he enjoyed all the competitions for money. The interview ended with him telling me how they paid their employees and he flatly said if I didn't perform, my pay would be docked until I did.

The interview left me with such a bad feeling, I didn't bother sending a follow-up email. I had been told great things about this company and how the employees really feel like they are family. I wasn't shocked about not getting a second interview, because if I did I would have declined it.

I know the recruiter wanted to get candidates in before the holidays but next time, just wait until your Sales Managers want to have a real conversation with a serious candidate.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, nothing shocking. Strengths, weaknesses, management type, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LiveWatch Security (Evanston, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I had three phone interviews with a gentlemen in Kansas which all went great. He was very professional. I thought the company sounded great.
    I was asked to come into an interview at their Evanston location. I had an interview at 9AM which I showed up at 845AM and walked up to the second floor of a building into their very dark office.
    The man who was interviewing me was very unprofessional from the beginning. The fact that I could clearly see in underwear because he was sagging his pants was an automatic turn off. When we get into the interview room the first thing he said was "tell me about yourself", which I did. As I gave a brief description of myself he stared at his watch the entire time. I don't think he looked up once. After he asked me a few simple questions. The entire time during the interview that lasted eight minutes he looked at his watch. The reason it did last the whole eight minutes was because I asked him about the company and he could never give me a clear answer, he was probably to busy looking at his watch counting how many seconds went by.
    Any who, long story short. I would not waist your time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Live watch?   1 Answer

LiveWatch Security Response

Aug 29, 2016 – HR Business Partner

We at LiveWatch appreciate your candid feedback. We used your feedback to make improvements and our entire interview process is now a delightful, professional experience.

FP&A Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at LiveWatch Security (Evanston, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Very uncoordinated company. No receptionist. Very unprofessional. 3 phone interviews, which I thought went well. In person interview with two rude marketing guys for a finance position. They were full of themselves. Walked out of the interview because the CEO was busy.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions as if you had never worked in Finance before. They asked specific questions and specific scenarios they expected you to be in.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LiveWatch Security in May 2017.

Interview

Quick but thorough. From the very start, I was welcomed in and offered refreshments. The first guy that interviewed me painted a pretty accurate picture of what would be expected of me and what is expected of them. With the second interviewer, it was a bit a more serious and to the point, still open but he dug a bit deeper with the interview questions. Later that day I was offered the position. The first week on the job was shadowing, which I really appreciated and the second week was training. The training truly prepares you to succeed. Being that this is my first time in sales, I won by being a part of this company. There is no way that you can fail.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LiveWatch Security (Evanston, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was first screened on the phone and afterwards asked to come in for an interview. I was scheduled to meet with 4 of the executives who the assistant would be working with. I met with the Recruiting Manager and coordinator first. They stopped mid-sentence 15 minutes in because they saw the CEO outside. Said he's ready to meet me so I should wait. Then the coordinator came in 5 minutes later to inform me that all of the executives suddenly got busy so they couldn't see me. Very abrupt and extremely rude. I dodged a bullet by seeing how unprofessionally they handled this interview process.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveWatch Security (Evanston, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the subsequent day. The recruiter did a mini phone interview with me and it was pretty straight forward. She was very nice and we seemed to click. At the end of the phone interview I was told to fill out a personality test online and we scheduled an in person interview with one of the sales managers.

I showed up at the office 15 minutes before my interview and was seated in a little waiting area near the door. The office seemed super laid-back, everyone was wearing jeans and there were a couple people playing ping-pong. Overall, it looked pretty fun. I waited over half an hour then the sales manager showed up and ushered me to one of the conference rooms. He was wearing jeans, flipflops, and a t-shirt; kind of unprofessional for a sales manager to be dressed that way for an interview.

He asked me a few typical question (strengths, weaknesses, etc) then the conversation somehow shifted to talking about alcohol. I tried to steer the conversation back to what contributions I could make to the team but he continued to talk about partying and alcohol. The interview lasted 45 minutes.

A second manager was then supposed to interview me right after but he never showed up so they had a random marketing associate talk to me for 5 minutes. She basically asked me if I had any questions then left.

I was offered the job the next day. The company seemed extremely unprofessional but I accepted the offer so I could have some income while finishing school and looking for a real job.

Interview Questions

• All were typical: strengths/weaknesses, what will I contribute, why am I a good fit, etc.   Answer Question