Livefyre Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 15 of over 15 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Livefyre

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Livefyre (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

What a great HR department. I sent my resume and heard back within a few days for a phone interview with the HR department. The woman I spoke with was professional, courteous, and personable. She even gave me some pointers on the person that I would be interviewing with the very next day. I knew from the start my technical skills are little under what they're looking for since I have no experience in java script but had plenty of customer service experience with multi million dollar company with a very challenging clientele. The interview went great with the hiring manager. He was polite, funny and very easy to talk with. The following day I received an email from the hiring manager with a list of my positives and what I needed to improve. This was so incredibly helpful! Never has anyone gone through that effort to improve a potential candidate beyond the general rejection letter. I did not get the position but they would keep me in mind for any other positions that open up that I qualified for. The experience was very pleasant, so much so that I recommended a few friends to apply for the position. I can see why Livefrye has such great reviews.

Interview Questions
  • Explain how to support customers.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Livefyre (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

I applied online and heard back shortly after from a recruiter who wanted to talk about the role. She suggested to talk the next day, and when I gave her my availability she didn't follow up until 2 days later. When we finally talked, she was so unorganized I thought I was being Punked. She was very inappropriate with the information she shared with me, even telling me about another candidate's resume, flaws, and past successes. She actually told me she didn't read my resume and picked me because she liked my name, and offered some advice on making my resume appear more attractive for the CMO because several people had walked out on the interviews. This place screams crazy. STAY AWAY!

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a customer's renewal time was coming up and they stopped being responsive? (Besides trying to flag them down over the phone)
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Livefyre (New York, NY) in Mar 2016

Interview

Kari Gould, a Livefyre Recruiter, reached out to me via LinkedIn and initiated the discussion. From first contact through offer letter and start date, Kari expressed a detailed vision for the role and clear reasoning for me being an ideal candidate. This clarity meant they were ready to move quickly and thoughtfully, and so was I. Within one week’s time I interviewed with 8 people, from peers up to C-Level. The conversations were always meaningful, often challenging, and ultimately successful (I got the job!). Everyone I spoke with communicated an accurate, detailed and attractive picture of Livefyre. They weren’t selling the experience to me, which freed me to not sell myself in return. We simply had substantial discussions and got to know each other, and that allowed us all to conclude that it was a mutual good fit. Kari was a tremendous guide and advocate through the entire process. She was kind, available, thorough, encouraging, and humorous. Her passion for Livefyre is genuine, and I got the sense that she gets real fulfillment from bringing them the best candidates possible. That sticks with me, and is meaningful. If Kari had not reached out to me, I would not have known about the role I'm now in. She was essential in turning an intriguing opportunity into my next adventure.

Interview Questions
  • Some key questions we discussed included: -what distinguishes strategic client success management from tactical management? -how do you best prioritize client load in a SaaS model? -how would you contribute to process improvement and company infrastructure?

Livefyre

Application

I interviewed at Livefyre

Interview

The first step is a phone screen. The interviewer was insanely rude and brass. I know right away that this would not be an employer that I was interested in working for. I would have denied moving forward with the interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Livefyre (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015

Interview

Very disorganized and disjointed. Poor communication with me and among themselves. Poor followup. Excessive disclosure of company information by recruiter. Got the impression there were a lot of people with their hair on fire and the entire place was going through a difficult transition from first generation leaders (younger, less experience) to more senior talent. Some nice and talented people and some out of their depth. Good place to mentor some people.

Interview Questions
  • standard interview questions. reasonable stuff about resume and prior applicable experience.
1 person found this interview helpful

Livefyre

Application

I interviewed at Livefyre

Interview

I had a Phone screen (recruiter was helpful) , in person with a few people, test. I enjoyed the process because they keep me updated every step and that helps.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Livefyre (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2014

Interview

The interview process started smoothly - a typical initial screen with the recruiter, a good in person interview with the hiring manager, followed by verbal commitment for a follow-up interview to meet the team as the next step. After then suddenly, there was a long gap with no communication before a follow-up that another candidate was offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a creative solution you came up with to solve a critical problem

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Livefyre (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2014

Interview

I applied directly from their website. Received a call from the recruiter the next business day and was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager that same day. Both the recruiter and hiring manager were awesome, straight to the point, and was on time with our calls. Within the next business day I was scheduled for a 1.5 hour onsite interview with hiring manager and 2 other team members including the upper manager. I arrived early and I already could tell it was a great place to work at. The recruiter took me on a quick tour of the office and you would see everyone working in different areas other than their desks with other colleagues. It was a place I could have felt very comfortable working in. The questions I received were straight to the point and were all related to the position. I did not receive any hard questions. I received a response back within that following week, and unfortunately I was not a fit. However, my overall experience was great! I was bummed that I didn't get the position, but I was grateful for the prompt responses after each interview. If you are looking for a place to grow with a great culture, this is it.

Interview Questions
  • Described a time you had made a mistake and what you did to resolve the issue?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Livefyre (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2014

Interview

Applied to a front-end dev position through a friend. They were very prompt about following up, and scheduling a phone interview. First, I talked with a woman from HR. After that, they scheduled me for 1-2 more phone interviews with engineers. The questions they asked were not too tough, and in general JavaScript/HTML/CSS related. I came in for an in-person interview, which was about 5 people back-to-back. Friendly employees, beautiful office. Didn't end up getting a job offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Livefyre

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Livefyre

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was brought in to meet and interview with the team. Everyone was really nice and welcoming, but I got a sense that they were unsure of what they were looking for out of the role. The interviews with each team member were very different from each other.

Interview Questions
  • They showed me a printed out product guide (one sheet/marketing collateral) and asked me to walk them through what I would have changed and done differently to make it more informative/useful for the client. So I walked them through my thought process and gave them an answer that I thought was on point, but I didn't get the job.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Interviews