Livefyre Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Livefyre Interview Questions

Interviews at Livefyre

2.8

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Livefyre in October 2011.

Interview

The first interview was via email, just general questions about qualifications and my intentions for working at the company. Second was via Skype (as I lived cross-country) and was more casual, get-to-know-you type of interview. It was overall very friendly and open, and they really let you ask questions to everyone, not just your interviewer.

Interview Questions

• If zombies invaded Miami, what would your survival plan be?   1 Answer

Couldn't make the move.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

The first step is a phone screen. The interviewer was insanely rude and brass. I know right away that this would not be an employer that I was interested in working for. I would have denied moving forward with the interview process.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Livefyre (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process started smoothly - a typical initial screen with the recruiter, a good in person interview with the hiring manager, followed by verbal commitment for a follow-up interview to meet the team as the next step. After then suddenly, there was a long gap with no communication before a follow-up that another candidate was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a creative solution you came up with to solve a critical problem   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Livefyre (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied for the position through the website without knowing anyone at the company. Shortly thereafter I had a phone interview setup with the hiring manager and the director of the team for which I would be working for.

The initial call went very well and before I was off the phone I had already been invited to come in to the office and meet with the team.

Again, very quickly, my in-person interview was scheduled. I was to come in for 2 hours in the afternoon and meet with various members of the team. The interview went smoothly enough until the final interview with the director of the team I'd be working with (same person I had spoken on the phone with). Upon entering the room this director immediately told me I he thought I was unqualified after speaking with the other interviewers and then gave me about 8 minutes of their time and quickly rushed out of the interview very uninterested. It was very unexpected since the interview process up until this point went very well.

I then waited 2 full weeks for them to notify me that they would not be giving me an offer. I may have already known this given the attitude of the director, yet I still appreciate and respect being told in a timely manner than no offer was going to be made.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were very straight forward, nothing difficult was asked, just generic questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Livefyre (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied directly from their website. Received a call from the recruiter the next business day and was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager that same day. Both the recruiter and hiring manager were awesome, straight to the point, and was on time with our calls. Within the next business day I was scheduled for a 1.5 hour onsite interview with hiring manager and 2 other team members including the upper manager. I arrived early and I already could tell it was a great place to work at. The recruiter took me on a quick tour of the office and you would see everyone working in different areas other than their desks with other colleagues. It was a place I could have felt very comfortable working in. The questions I received were straight to the point and were all related to the position. I did not receive any hard questions. I received a response back within that following week, and unfortunately I was not a fit. However, my overall experience was great! I was bummed that I didn't get the position, but I was grateful for the prompt responses after each interview. If you are looking for a place to grow with a great culture, this is it.

Interview Questions

• Described a time you had made a mistake and what you did to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Livefyre (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied to a front-end dev position through a friend. They were very prompt about following up, and scheduling a phone interview. First, I talked with a woman from HR. After that, they scheduled me for 1-2 more phone interviews with engineers. The questions they asked were not too tough, and in general JavaScript/HTML/CSS related. I came in for an in-person interview, which was about 5 people back-to-back. Friendly employees, beautiful office. Didn't end up getting a job offer.

Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a Phone screen (recruiter was helpful) , in person with a few people, test. I enjoyed the process because they keep me updated every step and that helps.

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Livefyre (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

So I applied online, seemed they liked my profile and found a fit of sort, I could sense that from the design lead's tone and also when I asked what they expected from this position. But when i went for an onsite, the lead designer didn't show up along with a product manager so they had to bring in some random manager who was borderline giggling throughout the interview. The lead designer who was supposed to be the ultimate decision maker (I think) and who sounded curious about filling the position somehow came off as super disinterested when his turn came. He asked just one question which was super silly and clearly was not even evaluating. I feel so bitter because it felt like he already made his mind before the interview. Although the recruiter and interview organizers were very sincere the lead designer ( to whom this positon reports) seemed extremely insincere. Upon reading other reviews by employees it seemed that the upper management people are extremely disconnected and chauvinistic in their attitude, which indeed reflected in mine.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Livefyre in October 2013.

Interview

Applied directly to the position online; recruiter reached out to me approximately 24 hours after I submitted my application via email stating that they were interested in a phone interview. Interviewer was about 10 minutes late to the call, seemed extremely tired (yawning) and rushed through the conversation in about 14 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Questions were generic as the interviewer did was not at all engaged; completely disrespectful of your time.   Answer Question

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Livefyre (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and heard back shortly after from a recruiter who wanted to talk about the role. She suggested to talk the next day, and when I gave her my availability she didn't follow up until 2 days later. When we finally talked, she was so unorganized I thought I was being Punked. She was very inappropriate with the information she shared with me, even telling me about another candidate's resume, flaws, and past successes. She actually told me she didn't read my resume and picked me because she liked my name, and offered some advice on making my resume appear more attractive for the CMO because several people had walked out on the interviews. This place screams crazy. STAY AWAY!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer's renewal time was coming up and they stopped being responsive? (Besides trying to flag them down over the phone)   Answer Question