Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Lockheed Martin

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Introductions, brief overview of the position, brief scan over resume points, about 7 behavioral questions, followed by Q/A time. The questions were best answered in the STAR method (google if you are unaware), and each question touched on a different aspect of normal work life. E.g. conflict, problem solving methods, time management...

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you were unsatisfied with your position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by the hiring manager after my resume had been floated around the company and made its way to his desk. Set up a time for a phone screen and HR contacted me with an application request for the position I was interviewing for. The interview was mostly experience-based and more of a conversation about my internships, but the hiring manager did ask a couple of conceptual technical questions. From what I hear, Lockheed is very fond of the STAR format for interviews, and this interview was no exception. HR called me back a couple of weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the lift curve slope of an airfoil subject to the thin airfoil theory?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Received an email asking for additional information for a given requisition. After filling that out I was contacted by phone a few days later to schedule an in person interview at the facility the job would be for. Hiring event consisted of around 30 people, everyone was given two interviews. One was typical behavioral interview and they wanted all the answers in STAR format. Other was slightly more technical and just went over the stuff I had on my resume

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to prioritize something for a group   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Liverpool, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Three forty five minute interviews along with an intro presentation about Lockheed Martin, a facility tour, and a sit down lunch with employees and other candidates being interviewed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Las Cruces, NM) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was given a phone interview about 3 months later. Phone interview questions were behavioral only. Was flown out for an in-person interview at their offices, only behavioral questions asked again. Time between interviews was 3 months

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a problem in a project with a group member.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Definitely a behavioral interview. They flew me down for a couple of days, nothing too exciting. There was a good amount of people there. You do not get a feel for what it is like to work there during the interview process, mostly them telling you that they are the best.

Anonymous Employee in Owego, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Owego, NY).

Interview

Initially I had an on campus interview where I was asked a few behavioral questions. A few weeks after the campus interview, I was invited to come to their facility for an additional series of interviews.

This was an all day event that started with a tour of the facility followed by four interviews with four different mangers in various areas of the specific facility. The interview consisted of the manager describing what this particular position focused on and then tried to get an understanding for your skills and asked behavioral questions.

After the four interviews, we were asked to rate which manager we thought matched our skills and interests. We were told if there was a match (i.e. the manager also saw you as a good candidate) you would receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had a conflict with someone you had to work with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted in a cubicle in the recruiting center, and was between me and the hiring manager only. For the first 30 minutes he just told me about the position in great detail and gave me space to ask questions. Then he began asking me questions about my personality and experience, but that only lasted another 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ).

Interview

Applied online via their website. I was contacted about 2 weeks later from a hiring manager for about a fifteen minute phone screen. I was notified on the phone that they were going to bring me in for an in person interview. I was contacted by HR confirming the interview time, and filled out an application to interview. Lockheed Martin does offer to pay for interview travel expenses if you are far enough from the facility (any more than a 45 minute drive or so should be paid for by the company). The interview was fairly standard, I met with a couple managers and an HR representative. Standard questions, mainly involving past experiences, and several questions highlighting leadership experiences. There were no technical questions per se, but there were high level questions about systems and MATLAB usage. It took about a month to hear back, but I was informed that I did not get the position. Lockheed was very professional throughout the process and were very respectful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when, in a leadership position, someone was having trouble meeting deadlines and what you did to accomplish the task.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

When I got to the interview I walked into a room with at least 20 other potential interest. I interviewed with two managers. They reviewed my resume with me and asked basic questions to get to know me.

One of my interview questions was ..."Tell me about your last job and how you showed leadership?"

Another was.... What are your strengths and weakness? And why?

I spoke with them for no more than 30 minutes! Than there was lunch and a tour.