Lockheed Martin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online for the Software Engineer Associate position on their website that was listed for multiple locations (Texas, Colorado, California) around the 10th. I received an email with an invitation to interview in person and details of that interview process around the 20th.

The interview was near Denver, Colorado, so they flew me out, rented a car for me, and paid for a one night stay.

The interview was the first week of the very next month. It is a two day event. The first day I flew in, there was a networking event with the hiring managers. There was about 40 applicants at this event. During that event they feed you and you/managers walk around and talk about yourself and the company. It lasted about 3 hours. The event was not the most important to the process, but it kind of gave you an idea about the company, their reach, and opportunities. Make sure you ask plenty of questions. They love answering them.

The applicant pool is split into two groups: a morning and afternoon group. The morning group starts around 8 am the morning after the networking event. They give you a presentation about the company and sparse details about the projects they do. You are given a schedule with the people you are interviewing with in 30 minute blocks. I believe everyone had 2-4, single interviewer, interviews. Each interview could have been for several positions depending on the hiring manager. There is a lot of opportunity here.

There was about 20 hiring managers. Each comes up at the end of the presentation and introduces themselves, their organization within LM, who they are looking for, and how many candidates they are looking to hire.

When the interviews start, your first interviewer will call out your name/look for you and you will be escorted into a large room of about 20 tables where everyone else is conducting there interviews. It can get kind of loud in there, so make sure to speak loudly and clearly.

Each interviewer conducted the interview slightly differently. I noticed they were given a packet with a set of questions to ask and to fill in your answer. These are all behavioral questions that need to be in the STAR format as per their packet guidelines. I was only asked 1 question by 1 interviewer from these packets, but the most of the questions I was asked were behavioral. All of my interviewers conducted the interviews like conversations. They want you to relax and be yourself, so that they can get honest answers from you. They will ask software engineering related questions, but nothing technical. It will mostly be about preference and experience with development methods/languages. There were a couple of questions about career interests.

After the interview groups time block is up and everyone has completed their interviews, the talent acquisition team will have you fill out a sheet with preferences on hiring manager and location based on your interviews in case more than one manager wants to hire you. Once that sheet is filled out, the interview day is done and they escort you out. The rest of the day is free for you until your flight.

They told us they would speak to the hiring managers right after the event and get back to us in about two weeks. I received an offer about 5 days later.

On a side note: If you live outside the area where they interview you, they will send you a link to choose a round-trip flight at times of your choice (with respect to your event times) and a rental car of your choice.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2013.

Interview

Like herding cattle into a slaughterhouse.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to work for the #1 contract aviation company in the world?   3 Answers

Negotiation

There was none. Pay was based on Nation Wage Determination pay scale.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (New York, NY).

Interview

I put in for the job, got an interview over the phone. It was more of a conversation of my resume and two days later signed my offer letter.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Walton Beach, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was straightforward and down to earth. No silly questions. All job related, skills and experience framed in what the company needs and what is in your resume. I was made to feel welcome and treated with respect and courtesy. Unlike some interviewers, this hiring manager spoke to me as a fellow professional and not as though he was there doing me a favor by interviewing me. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do I Wang to work for Lockheed?   1 Answer

Aircraft Painter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Clarksville, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

There was really no interview process contract change over takes place in a hotel conference room. You're called to a table sit with an interviewer for approximately 5 minutes and asked maybe 3 questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy doing your job.   1 Answer

Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2014.

Interview

Was a pretty rapid process all things considered. Interviewed onsite in a creepy, dimly light back room with no windows but the interviews seemed pleasant at the time. Massive issues once they offered job due to name misspellings on managements part.

Configuration Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Miami, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

The recruiter referred me to the company and an interview was requested. The interview was with the hiring manager, although during the interview I was introduced to managers and executives. The interview consisted of questions concerning my soft skills, team building experience and certifications. The technical portion of the interview was validating my hands-on experience with the target technology.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the goverment agency we serve and how our company works to support them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was very hectic and took a week to resolve. The recruiter provided a rate/salary range that the company did not support. I accepted the lower rate with the understanding that a salary review at the 6 month mark would bring me up to market rate.

Configuration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very professional interview. Didnt get an interview for the job that I desired, but they do a great job in finding a position that is the right fit for the right candidate. Another position was offered.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2016.

Interview

Applied for various roles without success before finally getting an email to schedule an on-site interview. Interviewed in person with the hiring manager and a team member. Interview seemed to go very well and I was advised that they needed to make a decision quickly, but to not expect to hear from HR for two weeks. 2+ weeks passed with zero contact. I reached out to a recruiter there who advised that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Various STAR format questions and other more job specific questions. All straightforward as I'm well experienced in the specific job requirements.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was cumbersome. A relocation was supposed to be negotiable and was not. Dont believe them when they knock the szlary down a few grand and say that you will grow in to it. Stick to your guns.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They dont negotiate. Almost like a tyrany.

Contract Negotiator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Internal candiate and applied and about 3 weeks later, got a call for an interview. It was fast and easy since I was internal and knew the organization.

Interview Questions

• Was full spectrum leadership and honestly wasn't prepared for behavior, had most accomplishments and that got me off guard. Study up on behavioral questions. I would have aced it if I had. I have the knowledge and experience but not swift to answer 5 fold questions fastly and accurately.

Q: Describe some ways in which you changed standard operating procedures for your
      department/group. What prompted you to make these changes? What happened?   Answer Question