Luminex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Luminex (Madison, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

It was incredibly friendly and laid back. They asked general questions about my experience and then we talked about random things like pet peeves. I enjoyed the interview. I was sure to send a thank you to each individual who had interviewed me. They made it pretty clear that I was going to be hired

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you struggled to work in a team with someone? How was this resolved?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luminex.

Interview

Got an E-mail requesting time slot for interview but never got a call. I tried to contact through Phone as well as E-mail but never got a reply. At least they should have courtesy to reply if they are not considering for this position anymore. It fells very bad!!

Jul 12, 2017 – Manager

We truly apologize for your experience, candidates should never feel bad about interviewing at a company. Please reach out to us Human_Resources@luminexcorp.com to share the specifics of your... More

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luminex (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Received an e-mail to provide time for phone interview. Provided date and time. The interviewer never called. Thinking that they may not have gotten my e-mail, I reached out via e-mail and received a reply asking if I could do a phone interview the next day. I replied yes and asked when would be good for them. I was given a time of 1:00pm. I confirmed the time and was ready and waiting the next day. Again, the interviewer never called.

Interview Questions

Luminex Response

May 26, 2017 – Manager

First of all, please accept our apologies for your experience. I am not sure what happened in this situation but it is very atypical. Please know we are working to find out how this happened and... More

Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luminex (Madison, WI).

Interview

This was a long time ago: I applied via e-mail, and at that time no job opening was posted. We were still a small start up company. After an initial phone interview I got invited for the real interview at this company. I spend talking for several hours with multiple people in key positions of various departments.

Reagent Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luminex (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and was contacted for a 2.5 hour interview with 9 different employees. It went well and over a week later I was offered the job. I signed my acceptance letter, arranged my start date, and put my two weeks in at the job I was currently working. I was ECSTATIC to start the job and leave my previous job which was quite honestly wearing me down. The HR manager requested my transcripts and provided me a link to an online background check that I completed promptly. About 12 days AFTER I had already signed the offer letter and put in my two weeks at my job, I got a call from the HR manager saying that after a review of my college transcripts, I hadn't taken enough Chemistry classes and they had to RETRACT their offer of employment. I was upfront in my interview about my lack of a science degree (I studied psych) but had relevant coursework and my interviews (I felt) went well enough that they were willing to overlook that. They DECLINED their offer letter and nearly left me UNEMPLOYED. Thankfully, after persuasion my previous job was kind enough to let me come back, but I am on thin ice with them now, and had used all my PTO up in my last two weeks. Needless to say, Luminex wasted my time, and honestly put me in such a bad place with my current job. I was absolutely appalled that such a seemingly upstanding company could do something like this, especially nearly two weeks after I had signed my offer. I understand that legally they can withdrawal their offer of employment at any time, but I feel I was treated unfairly/cruelly and I think this says a lot about the company. Advise to anyone applying: TREAD CAREFULLY. Let me end this by saying I rated the overall experience with a "thumbs down" however some of the people I interviewed with were so amazing! They took the time to get to know me, share insights about the job and their positions there and I am grateful for that. I enjoyed my interviews very much and know that the decision to retract the employment offer was not made by every person I interviewed with - this review in no way slights them!

Interview Questions

Luminex Response

May 1, 2017 – Manager

Thank you for sharing and I am sorry you had a negative experience. This was a unique situation for us and we appreciate the time you spent meeting with the team. Thank you for making the... More

Technical Applications Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luminex (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process began normally. I applied online, was later contacted by someone for a phone interview. After a ~30 minute phone interview, I was invited to attend an in-person interview. I was told that 3 days before the interview, I would receive instructions for a project to complete for the interview. Well, 2 days before my interview, I receive instructions that I need to complete an enormous project: 30-45 slides from scratch on a topic of my choosing, a handout for students, an additional 2 "training" slides, and a training development plan. This is absurd and impossible for someone to complete within this time frame. I'm not sure how they expect people to develop, in three days, a high-quality presentation as well as extra materials while working a full time job and maintaining an existence as a human being. Nonetheless, I busted tail to complete all of the materials. Since I was given late instructions, my interviewer changed the interview to another day and time slot. My interview was originally schedule for the morning 9am-12pm; however the changed time slot was for the afternoon 1pm-4pm. I planned accordingly. Well this morning at 9:15 I receive an email (I tried calling, to no avail) saying my interview would not be accommodated because I was late. THE INTERVIEW IS AT 1PM. I have no wasted almost a week of my life on this nonsense. No wonder this company has high turnover.

Interview Questions

Luminex Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we apologize that you didn't walk away from your experience with us feeling better! The interview procedure for all Technical Trainers has been... More

Engineering Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Luminex (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Was brought in for an onsite visit, was shown around the area this position would work in. Went into his office for the questions segment thought it went well. Went to a second person and as soon as I walked in he seemed to be disingenuous. Scanned over my resume didn't really ask any questions and felt hurried out.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working around biologecals that can make you sick   Answer Question
    • They didn't have the currtecy to even respond to a thank you for the consideration .   Answer Question

Associate Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luminex (Northbrook, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

4 hour interview which included a lab tour and written test. Met with HR, all team members and also had to give an impromptu presentation on a scientific topic of my choice.

Interview Questions

• If I could be any animal, what would I be and why?   1 Answer

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Luminex (Madison, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview was about 2 hours long where groups of employees or 1-1 with managers asked questions and also let you ask questions about the company and work. It was very laid back and everyone was very friendly.

Publications Delivery Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Luminex (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Approximately 5 days after applying online, I received an email from the Senior Manager, Technical Publications & Localization who I would be helping to support. The email entailed a request for an phone interview for the following day to discuss my qualifications. The phone interview went well and 10 days later I received an email from her I advising she would like to schedule an in-person interview with the Technical Publications team (4 members) + an HR rep. and her as well in (2) days. This interview was about 1.5 hrs in length and I met with team members/technical writers (one was via video teleconference), HR rep. separately, then the Senior Manager.

Everyone was very friendly and professional. I enjoyed meeting with the Luminex team and learning more about what they're looking for in an ideal employee/teammate and sharing additional insight/details about myself. Very pleasant experience overall. After the interview was complete, I was feeling very positive about the experience and was looking forward to hearing back. Two weeks and a day passed. I reached out to the Senior Manager once more to check-in and unfortunately learned the position was filled by another candidate.

With all due respect, it would have been nice (i.e. professional) to receive any sort of notification that another candidate had been selected. Unsure why nobody would bother to reach out? Is this a reflection of the company or ?

Interview Questions

• If you were to teach somebody something, what would it be?   1 Answer