Lush Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.5

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Interview

Process started with an online video interview, then a severer shop, then a phone interview with HR and a face to face interview in store with the store manager and market manager. A very smooth process from start to end, if not a little long (3-4 weeks between steps). After the final interview I was told a decision would be made within a week; 2 weeks later I was told by the end of the month; by the end of the month I was told I would have an update "soon". This has been a 3 month process and I still do not have a definitive answer.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lush (Albany, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The first step is a "Hiring Party" which involves learning product ingredients, stories, and uses, having said products demonstrated on you, and then demonstrating them back on other folks who are interviewing and Sales Ambassadors. After that, each person is interviewed by a manager, assistant manager or Senior Sales Associate.

If you are chosen from the Hiring Party, you come in and do a 'Culture Hour' which is a one-on-one version where several products are demoed on you, and you demo them back on a Senior Sales Associate (or higher), while you chat and they ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with your future?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite Lush product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lush (Short Hills, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy questions. Simple. Very laid back thought it went great. I have a bachelors degree, managing background and worked in retail at a high end store and they didn't give me the job...... As a sales associate..

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lush (Boca Raton, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

First interview is a hiring event party where you mingle with the current employers & future employees. Basically it's for them to get to know you. And to see who has a really great personality or who is passionate about charities, environment and animals . Make sure you bring a copy of your cover letter and resume (have more than 5 copies of each). When I personally went to one, I made sure to interact mainly with the employees and the store manager. If you showed a good impression to a Store Manager, then you'll have a higher chance for a callback. The callback will be for a 2nd interview where they do a one on one demo role play and see if you can try your best to sell a product to a "customer" (employer). This one is a lot easier than the first, with this one it's you and the employer only. They inform you more of what they do: charities, organic products and interacting with customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lush (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I went to a hiring party that was scheduled an hour before the store opened. We were shown a demonstration and had to administer the same demonstration with each other while people were interviewed during the demonstrations. As you can imagine, it was pretty rushed and although they staff was really nice, it could've been planned better. It's supposed to be an interview situation where people hire you for your personality and if you have 10+ people to interview in an hour, everyone feels like they have to hurry and that's not really fair for anyone involved.

Interview Questions

• "If you were to get this job, what is the one thing you'd be the best at/known for?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lush (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Really fun. I had a group interview so it made me feel more comfortable. During our interview we got to know more of lush and what it's like working there and one by one a manger talked to us just to get to know us.

Sales Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lush.

Interview

It was a hiring party that I apparently aced with my charisma and willingness to work, course the employees in charge of it were a couple of the nice people that worked there

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about myself and why I wanted to work there   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lush (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview- the hiring party- was awesome. It was kind of nerve wracking, but it was super cool. We even got free bath bombs! The second interview? Horrible. It was not what I expected from the company at all. I thought because the first interview was about showing that we can pick up facts easily, are comfortable touching others and have the personality to work there, that the second interview was going to be more of a professional talk about why we wanted to work for the company. After doing my research, I came to find out that it was a one on one interview where we put products on eachother. No problem, I thought. I'm super bubbly and I rocked the first interview so I felt extremely confident. I walked in and I was put in the store at 5pm rush which the store was EXTREMELY small and crammed. The interviewer, a girl I had never met before, wanted to demo on eachother. She said she was going to demo a few products on me. She wanted me to pretend I was a first time customer. That was easy. I worked with her, I made it very realistic and made it easy on her. She then said okay, time to switch. It was the hardest interview I've ever been to. Ontop of the fact she stopped me multiple times throughout my demo on her to go help customers, and acted like she was the dumbest most difficult customer I've ever experienced, I couldn't hear anything she was saying during her demo because there were so many customers in the store, ontop of the loud music. I work and have worked retail the past two years and the way she acted as a fake customer was worse than any customer I've dealt with, and trust me I've dealt with some pretty rude people. I had to go around the store and try to find and remember everything she used on me, then go to her and demo it on her. Not only was the store crazy, but it was 8 different products!! Of course, none of them being the products I learned and researched on. Not once did she ask me why I wanted to work there or try to get to learn anything about myself or why I was passionate to work for them. She then asked before I left if there were any questions I had for her. I said well yes actually I have a few. I was shocked she wasn't going to talk to me or ask me any questions to get a better idea of who I am or what my intentions were. We went outside and talked a bit. She rubbed me the wrong way saying she hires people based on vibes and that there were many people working in her store she wouldn't have hired if she were there prior. I told her how much I love the company and what they stand for, and asked about charity opportunities and ways to move up within the company. After I left, I messaged my manager, who knows of this interviewer and told me I wasn't going to get the job because I was optimistic about the company. Apparently, the girl who interviewed me had once spoken to my manager months before, expressing to her that she hated one of her coworkers who used to work with my manager because she loves lush and is super passionate about the company and it annoys her. After my conversation with her, along with the hard interview, I knew I did not get that job. I asked when would she be making final decisions on who was hired and she said by Friday (this interview was on a Tuesday.) after the weekend, I knew I didn't get the job because I hadn't heard back from them, which was fine. I moved on and TWO weeks later, I got a phone call from lush. I was at work but was left a voicemail. The voicemail was extremely enthusiastic, asking me to call back by a certain time. My managers all told me I had to have gotten the job because they wouldn't take the time to call back and if they did and I didn't answer, they'd let me know in a voicemail so that I wouldn't get my hopes up or call back with hope. I rush to my car and call back, to end up getting apologized to for it takes a few days that she was "busy" (even though I'm sure she called all those she hired weeks ago), and that she wishes me the best in life in whatever I plan on doing but I did not get the job. Super aggravating. I always thought Lush was a super professional company, but after that experience I really don't want to shop there ever again. It was the most stressful experience and knowing they have a worker there who only hires based on "vibes" was crazy.

Interview Questions

• Hiring party I was just asked basic questions like why do I like lush, what is an issue I encountered in my past job and how did I fix it, and questions about my application   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lush (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was sat down with the manager of the store and she asked me a few interviews, such as "Why do you want to work for Lush?" "What do you think you can add to our community" etc. Once that was completed, I was then asked to come back for the next step of the process. The next step involved me getting a mock process of how associates try to sell products to customers and then I was asked to do the same. I was asked to pick a few products and try to "sell" it to the "customer". Once that was completed, you are either told that you are hired or not.

Interview Questions

• What is something you think you can add to our community at Lush?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lush (Sacramento, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview of 11 people. We just had to do some activities with the lotions and bath bombs and do demos on each other. It took about 50 minutes.