Lynden Incorporated Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lynden Incorporated Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lynden Incorporated

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lynden Incorporated.

Interview

I went through 3 different interviews with the hiring manager, his boss and the local team. Two were in person interviews and one was over the phone. In person interview consisted of a review of my professional experience and specific questions related to the job and my performance, how I was going to add value, overcome challenges, etc. Strengths were pointed out and concerns expressed where applicable. Apparently this first interview got me through to the next level interview for which I was asked to prepare, know my numbers, prepare some supporting material, etc. This interview went well and got me in front of the local team for a sort of a panel interview and final opinions. Throughout this process I was guided by a recruiter who was an intermediary and was extremely pleased by all the updates, follow up emails, communication i sent.
    Last part of the interview consisted of a call where I was asked what would be a comfortable salary number, which I provided, and was told that it was slightly off from what they were initially intending to offer, bu I was told however that I will be receiving an offer within two days. Three days went by and nothing. Spoke with the recruiter and she told me that because I was expecting more than what they were willing to offer, the hiring manager's boss made the call to give the job to the next candidate with the argument that I might have taken the lower salary and then left the company for a better job later on... Quite a disappointing experience and quite a disconnect between the image this company wants to convey of itself. Very surprised to see that showing negotiation skills when applying for a sales executive role is actually a disqualifying factor... Does Lynden tell its customers to find other providers just because they asked for lower rates? Treat your employees and candidates with the same respect you would treat your customers... Makes for good business.
    Overall a disappointing and time consuming experience; I think the candidates deserve the same respect the hiring managers expect in terms of communication, promises, etc.

Interview Questions

• I was asked where I would see myself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Rout Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caldwell, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lynden Incorporated (Caldwell, ID) in September 2013.

Interview

The possess took about 2 and a half weeks from start to finish and I was being told this was one of the faster sessions. Most of the time was taken up waiting for appointments for a DOT physical and corporate asking for more info.

Interview Questions

• No real interview questions, a few about safety and past work history. Just concerned if I could shift and chain up. The supervisor that test drove with me repeatedly asked if I would have a problem chaining up or going over the pass.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Lynden Incorporated (Newark, NJ) in February 2009.

Interview

Process started 6 months before decision was made. No information from