MDLIVE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MDLIVE

2.3

Sort:

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MDLIVE.

Interview

Overkill, many contacts with little effort required. Interviewers were not fully engaged and late to contact. This process could use improvement to find qualified and engaged employees. It appear bodies are most important.

Operations Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MDLIVE in October 2015.

Interview

Lingered on for months. Had to request updates regularly over the course of 4 months. Several interviews occurred all of which the hiring manager/HR/interviewers were late for or no showed.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like "what are your strengths". Nothing creative and nothing challenging.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MDLIVE.

Interview

Called by the women in the HR department several different occasions. The interviews are very curt and it's clear the company truly does not value people. They don't follow up and they treat people with very little regard and they have zero respect for their time and efforts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MDLIVE (Sunrise, FL) in September 2018.

Interview

Lack of communication from beginning to the end. Phone screen was the first step and face to face interview was mentioned at that time. Recruiter dropped the ball on sending the confirmation email out so I wasn't sure if I needed to show up on not. Recruiter came off friendly in the beginning and now is a ghost. Communication is important in every stage of the interview process especially since this company is lacking high employee engagement. It is no wonder why key HR people have left the company which has created a huge void and disconnect. Good luck if you are selected.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. What do you know about the company and why do you want to come work here.   Answer Question

Health Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MDLIVE (Sunrise, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Screened by HR and then interviewed by the HSS manager who asked a variety of questions about my medical and customer service background ,Told me what they were looking for and the duties that I would be performing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Asked about previous employers?Hours I can work?   Answer Question

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MDLIVE (Sunrise, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The agenda was poorly communicated. At last minute just as I was boarding the plane to come to Florida - a list of interviewers were sent, It included the CEO, and a list of 6 more. Nothing else requested was sent including a job description, top challenges for the role or anything other basic company information.

Not sure what I was walking into.

Interview Questions

• Very general approach - CEO just talked and talked - shared his vision and how he was early to see what the telemedicine industry would be - then how the industry was erupting and growing. He also commented his people in place were not performing to his expectations and he had trouble to get them focused, especially with the "disruptiveness" of being a startup. No employee culture was mentioned in the CEO vision - Vision was very externally focused.

My eyes were opened to the situation and leadership (lack there of) - and wow,   4 Answers

Executive Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MDLIVE (New York, NY).

Interview

Most ridiculous drawn out unorganized chaos of an interview process. I initially interviewed with them in August 2015, they strung me along for 2 months promising I was a top candidate and being considered. I provided them with confidential work samples, which I'm sure is being used now and was the plan all along. The final stage of interviews with the CEO and COO was very telling of this company. I had to keep following up with the procurement VP on the interview dates and status, as it changed 3 times after it was set which she wasn't aware, so she advised it would be the following day, which was cancelled last minute- at the interview start- and I was never informed prior .... I guess my time was invaluable in comparison to his. It was very apparent in speaking with some of the so called executives and CEO, they clearly have no concept of how to run a successful company and have experience in recruitment/screening for the right talent. They appear dysfunctional and unaware, including the CEO who said he didn't know the company top risks and depends on his experts- huh!!! The questions asked by all were generic and did not get into the heart of exploring my experience or qualifications. After getting blown off and the run around for a few months more I was just advised this week, December 2015 (5 month interview process!!!) by the procurement VP, via email not phone (not sure why HR wasn't involved at all) that I wasn't qualified for the role. A role for which I did not initially apply for.... I applied for a role under the role which I wasn't to them qualified for. The beauty of it all was I received an offer for the exact role, the one they deemed I wasn't qualified for with a much larger, organized & stable company overall. So please reconsider interviewing or working with such an obvious sign of poor management.... Definitely can't say leadership... Because they are still searching for that.

EDI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at MDLIVE (Sunrise, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screening with Placement Agency followed by Phone Interview with CIO. Most questions were related to my Experience integrating disparate systems in the Healthcare Industry. I have ample experience on that field and I was able to elaborate on all of the questions.

Negotiation

Dealt with the Placement Agency. They help me raise the salary a little.

Email Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MDLIVE (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter about this position, pre-qualified me through a short telephone interview then set me up for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I did some research on the company before the interview. I think they have an excellent, unique service that has potential for enormous growth if management is capable. Two things I found that were surprising and a turnoff were that this is a tech company and they don’t have a mobile friendly version of their website. Also the website shows they have an app available for IOS and coming soon to Android. However, I checked the Google Play store and it shows the app is available and has been for several months. So MDLIVE never updated their website to reflect this or made any type of announcement, press release, etc. to promote the Android app. Those two findings were a turn off for me. Interview was at 2pm, hiring manager was still out for lunch and arrived a few minutes after 2, apologized and walked me over to a conference room she reserved for the interview. Other employees were in there at the time so she asked if they could vacate since she had it reserved. They agreed to do so but needed a few more minutes to finish up their meeting. The hiring manager left me standing outside the room while she went back to her desk. After she walked away I heard someone in the conference room make a comment about the hiring manager that was far from complimentary and professional. He was obviously not aware that I was standing right outside the room and able to hear what they were discussing. I also felt awkward standing there because the office is open air and a lot of the employees kept glancing over and staring at me while I waited. My experience up to this point gave me a very poor first impression of the company. Once the employees left the conference room the hiring manager immediately came over and we went inside to start the interview. She seemed a bit distracted and unfocused. However, she did ask questions that I felt were a good measure to determine if I was what she was looking for. One thing she mentioned a few times in different ways is that the company is growing very rapidly and things are a bit disorganized as a result. She indicated she just joined the company a few months ago and was at times frustrated by the disorganization. I appreciated her candor. It gave me the impression that the company is growing too fast for the executive team, managers and employees to handle effectively. Although this company could have a lot of potential if the right management team was in place, I decided I would not take the position if I was offered it because I did not get a good feeling about the organization and its future.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MDLIVE (Sunrise, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I was offered freelance work based on my portfolio and phone interviews, then I was denied the work because I failed the in-person interview. I hadn't researched the company well enough. Just a warning, do not think you have the job just because they offered it verbally or emailed you a contract. I even did a urinalysis and was not hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Did you download the app
      Did you see our website   Answer Question