MGA Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MGA Entertainment

2.3

Commercial Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MGA Entertainment (Van Nuys, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email and schedule a phone interview. We chatted for about 20 minutes. I was contacted for a physical interview a few days later. After doing some research I'm a bit suspect of this company now based on it's reviews.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer was thorough asking questions but didn't give a lot insight into the company aside from what they do.I would have appreciated learning more about the role, the technical aspects required, the work life balance, culture and the people I could potentially be working with.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MGA Entertainment.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR first, not quite so helpful. It really seemed that the recruiter didn't understand the position and was unable to answer a few of my specific questions about the position. I would have liked to have understood up front. I really wanted to make sure it would be a good fit before proceeding.

Afterward I was scheduled for 5 in person interviews including one with the COO. Everyone I interviewed with was at the company for under 3 months. Give the glass door reviews warning about high turn over and a toxic environment I probably shouldn't have been surprised. It's really difficult to get a feel for a position or an opportunity when people at the company are so new.

Questions were fairly easy but getting a read on the opportunity and fit are not. Be warned if you are interviewing with people who are new a company since their impression may not but fully formed yet.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any inanimate object what would you be an why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked what I would like salary wise, and was offered it. Like most smart job searchers I had anticipated that the would actually offer me less than that salary and that we would meet somewhere in the middle. However, after having working for the company for a little while I noticed that they are unable to attract quality candidates and that their turn over is extremely high. Many candidates are interviewed, many are made offers, most decline, and a handful actually somehow miraculously accept (but less actually show up for their first day). Given the negative employee reviews, I believe they made this offer up front since it is so hard for the company to attract quality candidates.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MGA Entertainment in April 2017.

Interview

I met with some people on U career fair, and then HR connected me for an interview with the department members. go to the onsite it lasts 1 hour and half 1 to 1 interview

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGA Entertainment in January 2016.

Interview

Answered ad through employment service who did the initial interview; was interviewed by telephone three times before being contacted for a final and face-to-face interview. After some negotiations on salary and benefits, I declined the offer as it was not competitive.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MGA Entertainment (Van Nuys, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the MGA site. Received a call back from HR a day or so later requesting a quick phone interview. HR rep called on time and we chatted about my experience, etc. HR rep then wanted me to come in and meet a 3-4 people for person interviews. Interview was supposed to be from 1-2:30 (30 min per person). I arrived at 12:45, they had me fill in an application, no clue why. First interviewer arrived on time at 1:00, lasted 30 min, then i sat... and sat.. and sat. Probably sat by myself in a conf. room for 45 min waiting. I then meet the next person, who basically says the first person will decide who to hire so it didn't matter to him. Last person was so rude it was funny. Then, they wanted me to take an excel "quiz" on, and I'm not kidding, a 10 year old lap top with no mouse. Everyone one of the people I meet said the place was chaos. With all the negative glassdoor comments, you'd think they would be ready.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MGA Entertainment (Van Nuys, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by the Sr. Electrical Engineer. Questions involved basic behavioral questions and technical questions. Interviewed lasted for about 30 to 40 mins at the MGA entertainment office in Van Nuys.

Interview Questions

• Here is the list of components and manufacturing costs. How would you make this product cheaper?   Answer Question
    • What electrical components would you use to design this product?   Answer Question
    • Why electrical engineering?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at MGA Entertainment (Van Nuys, CA).

Interview

Chaotic to say the least, after the phone interview there were 6 onsite interviews - all on different days and some they tried to set up with less than 2 hours notice. Often you would show up and the people slated to interview were not available so you interviewed with people who didn't know anything about the position.

After 7 weeks of impromptu interviews I accepted a position somewhere else, this didn't stop their recruiter from trying to set up further interviews.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the questions were about if you had the ability to say no, even if it was to a relative of the president. There were very few work questions; most of them were politically motivated and often they involved questions about your thoughts on the person who had interviewed you prior.   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MGA Entertainment (Van Nuys, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a great HR person at MGA, she was helpful and very nice. After weeks of waiting, I had an in-person interview with a VP of marketing. He is new and did not leave a good impression on me at all. I've been interviewing with so many amazing companies, this one was the worst interview by far.

He was extremely cold and rude and asked weird questions. I shut down about 10 minutes into the interview because he seemed as though my interview was bothering him from the get-go.

I read the reviews on Glassdoor for MGA, seems to be on par with what I experienced. The environment seemed a little too negative for me.

Interview Questions

• I haven't even looked at your resume, so tell me what you think you should about your experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell me your strategy for launching a new brand. (no specifics)   Answer Question

I told the recruiter I didn't want to proceed with the interview process. I can't stomach being in a bad work environment.

Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGA Entertainment.

Interview

After reading all the negative feedback here on Glassdoor I was very hesitant to accept an interview with MGA. In the end I decided that at the very least it will be good practice, but I really regret my decision. My interview honestly felt more like an interrogation than an interview. The individual interviewing me seemed very disinterested from the start and kept asking me questions that I already answered which was very frustrating. It was by far the worst interview experience I've had and I would recommend against going in for an interview if you can.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in working with business processes?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MGA Entertainment (Van Nuys, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Very nice person to speak with. Felt comfortable during the phone interview. Not sure if I had enough experience, but never got called back.